Member Picture Gallery - Music Banter Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > Introductions
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2016, 02:54 PM   #34161 (permalink)
Brain Licker
 
Xurtio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 1,083
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiiii View Post
At the end of the day, all you really have to do to escape it is turn your computer off. It's not hard to get away from it if you don't like it.
That was a fast response and wow, you're totally still missing the point or disingenuinely still trying to play it off like I'm offended so I should just go away to protect my fragile self.
__________________
H̓̇̅̉yͤ͏mͬ͂ͧn͑̽̽̌ͪ̑͐͟o̴͊̈́͑̇m͛͌̓ͦ̑aͫ̽ͤ̇n̅̎͐̒ͫ͐c̆ͯͫ̋ ̔̃́eͯ͒rͬͬ̄҉
Xurtio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2016, 02:57 PM   #34162 (permalink)
Key
.
 
Key's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 13,153
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xurtio View Post
That was a fast response and wow, you're totally still missing the point or disingenuinely still trying to play it off like I'm offended so I should just go away to protect my fragile self.
What was your post supposed to signify? That I should somehow feel bad because I express my freedom of speech on the internet? I didn't quite understand what you'd be getting at otherwise since you explicitly stated that using the word is due to one's own biological insecurity and own ignorance of social structures. Which 99% of the time, the word is used because it's funny. You don't seem to have that sense of humor, but that doesn't mean it's a bad thing.
Key is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2016, 03:18 PM   #34163 (permalink)
SOPHIE FOREVER
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: East of the Southern North American West
Posts: 35,548
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiiii View Post
The irony of you saying something like this is hilarious to me.
It makes more sense for someone like me to understand that concept than most though, right?
__________________
Studies show that when a given norm is changed in the face of the unchanging, the remaining contradictions will parallel the truth.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2016, 03:19 PM   #34164 (permalink)
SOPHIE FOREVER
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: East of the Southern North American West
Posts: 35,548
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiiii View Post
What was your post supposed to signify? That I should somehow feel bad because I express my freedom of speech on the internet? I didn't quite understand what you'd be getting at otherwise since you explicitly stated that using the word is due to one's own biological insecurity and own ignorance of social structures. Which 99% of the time, the word is used because it's funny. You don't seem to have that sense of humor, but that doesn't mean it's a bad thing.
You Mr. Point.
__________________
Studies show that when a given norm is changed in the face of the unchanging, the remaining contradictions will parallel the truth.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2016, 03:35 PM   #34165 (permalink)
OQB
 
Ol’ Qwerty Bastard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Frownland
Posts: 8,832
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
The irony is that you are indeed being a SJW but you are in the right

"loudly judging you in a social context" it's the definition as it pertains to the internet

nothing wrong with SJW's, free speech goes both ways
x2

i actually agree with a lot of what Xurtio has said tbh. i stopped using the word irl after I turned like 14. i didn't say it for the longest time online either but after coming to this site and seeing it so much it just naturally became a part of my vocabulary. im not really against or for the use of the word, but I certainly don't think anyone here uses it with the intent to harm others.
__________________
Music Blog / RYM / Last.fm / Qwertyy's Journal of Music Reviews and Other Assorted Ramblings

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
I'm not even mad. Seriously I'm not. You're a good dude, and I think and hope you'll become something good
Ol’ Qwerty Bastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2016, 03:59 PM   #34166 (permalink)
Zum Henker Defätist!!
 
The Batlord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 48,216
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwertyy View Post
x2

i actually agree with a lot of what Xurtio has said tbh. i stopped using the word irl after I turned like 14. i didn't say it for the longest time online either but after coming to this site and seeing it so much it just naturally became a part of my vocabulary. im not really against or for the use of the word, but I certainly don't think anyone here uses it with the intent to harm others.
To expand on what I said earlier, I'm more likely to tell a racist joke around my black coworkers because it's all in good fun and they'll come right back with a cracker joke, but I wouldn't tell a homophobic joke cause there's a certain homophobic atmosphere with, not all, but certain people there and I wouldn't want to associate with that. Whereas I don't feel that at all here so I don't feel the same distaste for throwing around "***got".
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.R.R. Tolkien
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2016, 04:21 PM   #34167 (permalink)
Brain Licker
 
Xurtio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 1,083
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
The irony is that you are indeed being a SJW but you are in the right

"loudly judging you in a social context" it's the definition as it pertains to the internet

nothing wrong with SJW's, free speech goes both ways
If you use that definition, calling someone ***got is being an sjw. I guess a def of sjw is in order though. Imo, it is people who indignantly cause harm on the iternet under the banner of social justice. Thus, "warrior", as attacking is involved.
__________________
H̓̇̅̉yͤ͏mͬ͂ͧn͑̽̽̌ͪ̑͐͟o̴͊̈́͑̇m͛͌̓ͦ̑aͫ̽ͤ̇n̅̎͐̒ͫ͐c̆ͯͫ̋ ̔̃́eͯ͒rͬͬ̄҉
Xurtio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2016, 04:46 PM   #34168 (permalink)
Key
.
 
Key's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 13,153
Default

At the end of the day, we're all just a bunch of ***gots.
Key is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2016, 04:55 PM   #34169 (permalink)
carpe musicam
 
Neapolitan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Les Barricades Mystérieuses
Posts: 7,710
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiiii View Post
At the end of the day, we're all just a bunch of ***gots.
Maggots? French baggots? Bob Saggots?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by mord View Post
Actually, I like you a lot, Nea. That's why I treat you like ****. It's the MB way.

"it counts in our hearts" ?ºº?
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." Keith Richards
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2016, 05:03 PM   #34170 (permalink)
Zum Henker Defätist!!
 
The Batlord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 48,216
Default

The Member Picture Gallery is becoming the new thread for drama. Might be time to subscribe.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.R.R. Tolkien
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2024 Advameg, Inc.