Member Picture Gallery - Music Banter Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > Introductions
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2018, 01:49 PM   #37051 (permalink)
SOPHIE FOREVER
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: East of the Southern North American West
Posts: 35,548
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66Sexy View Post
But only African caves have lions waiting for you to let your guard down.

And hey bitch approve my journal entry or I'll send you nudes.
Sounds like they wouldn't have time for math.

And it looks good, I approve.
__________________
Studies show that when a given norm is changed in the face of the unchanging, the remaining contradictions will parallel the truth.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 01:52 PM   #37052 (permalink)
Zum Henker Defätist!!
 
The Batlord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 48,215
Default

Are you complimenting my drunken political ramblings that I put together in my head over several hours at work?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.R.R. Tolkien
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 02:38 PM   #37053 (permalink)
SOPHIE FOREVER
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: East of the Southern North American West
Posts: 35,548
Default

Mmhmm.
__________________
Studies show that when a given norm is changed in the face of the unchanging, the remaining contradictions will parallel the truth.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 04:20 PM   #37054 (permalink)
Cuter Than Post Malone.
 
Lucem Ferre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 4,978
Default

Is my comment about Batlord's rant being a facsimile of my rant about Elph gonna get posted?
__________________
Quote:
Lucem, you're right, it's silly to talk about what I would or wouldn't do IRL. Glad you brought it up. Maybe you should write an instrumental about it. I recommend a piano paired with a clarinet. With ambient sounds of you hanging from your shower curtain you ****ing failure.

Art Is Dead. Buy My ****.
Lucem Ferre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 04:35 PM   #37055 (permalink)
Zum Henker Defätist!!
 
The Batlord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 48,215
Default

wut

Edit: Wait you mean my journal entry? Cause I can totally understand that. Elph is exactly the kind of self-righteous anti-poor person I'm talking about.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.R.R. Tolkien
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 04:46 PM   #37056 (permalink)
...here to hear...
 
Lisnaholic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: He lives on Love Street
Posts: 4,444
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
Idk man, I hear cavemen weren't that great at math, either.
^ I thought this was a pretty interesting question but, before anything like investigation, I was distracted by a video clip. And this one is particularly humbling: how quickly can you read, remember, and put in order the nos 1 to 9?



^ I don't think I could ever do this without a pause button, pen and paper.
__________________
"Am I enjoying this moment? I know of it and perhaps that is enough." - Sybille Bedford, 1953
Lisnaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 05:25 PM   #37057 (permalink)
Cuter Than Post Malone.
 
Lucem Ferre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 4,978
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66Sexy View Post
wut

Edit: Wait you mean my journal entry? Cause I can totally understand that. Elph is exactly the kind of self-righteous anti-poor person I'm talking about.
It's exactly the same rant I went on at Elph just replace KMK with ICP cause I told him that ICP's marxist stance on CoC are what he pretends to be so it's kind of ironic that he tries to act so much more superior than them. Also said that it's why the working class typically votes Republican, because they actually show respect or appreciation towards the working class while typically the left tries to act holier than though.
__________________
Quote:
Lucem, you're right, it's silly to talk about what I would or wouldn't do IRL. Glad you brought it up. Maybe you should write an instrumental about it. I recommend a piano paired with a clarinet. With ambient sounds of you hanging from your shower curtain you ****ing failure.

Art Is Dead. Buy My ****.
Lucem Ferre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 05:37 PM   #37058 (permalink)
Zum Henker Defätist!!
 
The Batlord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 48,215
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucem Ferre View Post
It's exactly the same rant I went on at Elph just replace KMK with ICP cause I told him that ICP's marxist stance on CoC are what he pretends to be so it's kind of ironic that he tries to act so much more superior than them. Also said that it's why the working class typically votes Republican, because they actually show respect or appreciation towards the working class while typically the left tries to act holier than though.
Yeah definitely. I actually had that post in mind when I made my entry. I love elph and all but he's a phony socialist who's in it for the punk cred. I'd say the same as you about ICP but honestly I'm not even sure about their socialism. I know that their social stance is absolutely in line with socialism but I just don't know if they've considered their stance enough to qualify as socialist. They might just care about being poor in Detroit and haven't bothered to make it a specific political stance.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.R.R. Tolkien
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 05:47 PM   #37059 (permalink)
Cuter Than Post Malone.
 
Lucem Ferre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 4,978
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66Sexy View Post
Yeah definitely. I actually had that post in mind when I made my entry. I love elph and all but he's a phony socialist who's in it for the punk cred. I'd say the same as you about ICP but honestly I'm not even sure about their socialism. I know that their social stance is absolutely in line with socialism but I just don't know if they've considered their stance enough to consider it socialist. They might just care about being poor in Detroit.
I don't think they're educated enough to really have an idea of what they are but Carnival of Carnage is definitely in line with Marxist theory. They do a lot of charity work though, and have taken a very strong anti-Trump stance. I think it's fair to say that they are at least moderately socialist.
__________________
Quote:
Lucem, you're right, it's silly to talk about what I would or wouldn't do IRL. Glad you brought it up. Maybe you should write an instrumental about it. I recommend a piano paired with a clarinet. With ambient sounds of you hanging from your shower curtain you ****ing failure.

Art Is Dead. Buy My ****.
Lucem Ferre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 06:03 PM   #37060 (permalink)
Zum Henker Defätist!!
 
The Batlord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 48,215
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucem Ferre View Post
I don't think they're educated enough to really have an idea of what they are but Carnival of Carnage is definitely in line with Marxist theory. They do a lot of charity work though, and have taken a very strong anti-Trump stance. I think it's fair to say that they are at least moderately socialist.
Yeah I would agree. Carnival of Carnage would be a socialist record if I thought they even knew what socialism was. For all I said in my journal entry I have no illusions about ICP's knowledge of any kind of politics let alone socialism. At least Kottonmouth Kings have an association with punk that informs their political beliefs, otherwise I'd be dubious of them as well.

This is why the college *******s need to start reaching out. There are so many downtrodden people who'd be open to socialism if they just knew what the **** it was. But ICP's sheer vehemence about their social (not political) stance is clearly a gateway for them to socialism and many of their fans would be likewise open to it if the gatekeepers to socialism would get the **** off their high horses and just tried to connect with them in an honest way.

Back before WW2 during the Great Depression socialism was a real force in American politics so the poor are very much about it even if they don't know it or reject it. They just need it put to them in a way that doesn't feel like condescending intellectual elites treating them like children. The only thing standing in the way is not just that they feel a lack of respect but that they are legitimately being disrespected and they're not so dumb that they can't sense it.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.R.R. Tolkien
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2024 Advameg, Inc.