Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > Introductions
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2009, 12:10 PM   #6931 (permalink)
killedmyraindog
 
TheBig3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Posts: 9,252
Default

its nasty to people who attend pancake breakfasts after sunday services.

The sodomites in San fran love british humor.

America stays on top by not being able to be classified.

We eternally buck-passed our way to the top. German build cars, the french cook, we build social modles. It is what it is.
TheBig3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 12:12 PM   #6932 (permalink)
you know what it is
 
simplephysics's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,892
Default

Tsk. Back on topic for a split second.

__________________
one font under god
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucem Ferre View Post
I could be cute if I wanted to be, I just choose not to because you wouldn't be able to handle yourself.
simplephysics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 12:14 PM   #6933 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
midnight rain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,662
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackhammer View Post
No I won't correct you at all and I am not saying one humour is better than the other but certain things are lost in translation on both sides. It's not a complaint just an observation. I know that things like 'mother' jokes are used in the U.S whereas ours are 'Mother In Law' jokes! Our humour can be subtle but also sarcastic which can seem to be nasty to some maybe.
Eh, I don't see anything wrong with the Americanized version of The Office. It seems some people think they're 'with it' if they watch the original version and that it will never be bettered by the American version no matter what! I hear this argument all the time, but I honestly think they're two different shows.

Plus, we have House, which has as much wit and sarcasm as any British show!
__________________
last.fm
midnight rain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 12:14 PM   #6934 (permalink)
أمهاتك[وهور]Aura Euphoria
 
Thrice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Florida/Buffalo/CT
Posts: 2,077
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackhammer View Post
No I won't correct you at all and I am not saying one humour is better than the other but certain things are lost in translation on both sides. It's not a complaint just an observation. I know that things like 'mother' jokes are used in the U.S whereas ours are 'Mother In Law' jokes! Our humour can be subtle but also sarcastic which can seem to be nasty to some maybe.
Well, Im a huge fan of it, but only really have movies to judge it on. I think it goes both ways for both places because america puts out a TON of bull**** movies (like the 35 american pie flicks) that arent humorous what-so-ever, but we have a few good ones (me and you and everyone we know). As for british humour (rock-n-rolla, snatch) are excellent, but movies with simon pegg (hot fuzz, shaun of the dead) are junk IMO.
__________________


Lew Harrison, who looked like an anarchist with his red eyes and fierce black beard, had been writing furiously in one corner of the room. "That's good—happiness by the kilowatt," he said. "Buy your happiness the way you buy light."
Thrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 12:18 PM   #6935 (permalink)
killedmyraindog
 
TheBig3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Posts: 9,252
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreadnaught View Post
Tsk. Back on topic for a split second.

see for example, no self respecting bostonian would ever leave their pool that dirty.
TheBig3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 12:19 PM   #6936 (permalink)
أمهاتك[وهور]Aura Euphoria
 
Thrice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Florida/Buffalo/CT
Posts: 2,077
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzz View Post
Eh, I don't see anything wrong with the Americanized version of The Office. It seems some people think they're 'with it' if they watch the original version and that it will never be bettered by the American version no matter what! I hear this argument all the time, but I honestly think they're two different shows.

Plus, we have House, which has as much wit and sarcasm as any British show!
I dont watch tv, a buddy I had rented the full seasons of both and we didnt even bother with the american after the first episode after realizing it was the exact same. I have never heard anyone discuss this topic, and for anyone who points out reasons that peoples opinions on subjects are for the purpose to be 'with it' then they are more than likely overly insecure if they even do it on the internet. That guy from our version (40 yr old version, evan almighty) is the most overrated comical actor I have ever seen. The only thing I have seen him do that was humorous was in Bruce Almighty.
__________________


Lew Harrison, who looked like an anarchist with his red eyes and fierce black beard, had been writing furiously in one corner of the room. "That's good—happiness by the kilowatt," he said. "Buy your happiness the way you buy light."
Thrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 12:22 PM   #6937 (permalink)
Ba and Be.
 
jackhammer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: This Is England
Posts: 17,300
Default

I'm guilty too but back on topic please people.
__________________

“A cynic by experience, a romantic by inclination and now a hero by necessity.”
jackhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 12:22 PM   #6938 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
midnight rain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,662
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrice View Post
I dont watch tv, a buddy I had rented the full seasons of both and we didnt even bother with the american after the first episode after realizing it was the exact same. I have never heard anyone discuss this topic, and for anyone who points out reasons that peoples opinions on subjects are for the purpose to be 'with it' then they are more than likely overly insecure if they even do it on the internet. That guy from our version (40 yr old version, evan almighty) is the most overrated comical actor I have ever seen. The only thing I have seen him do that was humorous was in Bruce Almighty.
Wow, talk about a classic example of judging something too fast. The first episode is the only episode that follows the same storyline and script of it's British counterpart. And what exactly is it that I'm insecure about? I'm not telling myself to like it, I actually do. And most of Steve Carell's funniest moments are on The Office, so I wouldn't recommend judging him on the big screen.
__________________
last.fm
midnight rain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 12:22 PM   #6939 (permalink)
you know what it is
 
simplephysics's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,892
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBig3KilledMyRainDog View Post
see for example, no self respecting bostonian would ever leave their pool that dirty.
That's not a pool, that's our bathin' hole.
__________________
one font under god
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucem Ferre View Post
I could be cute if I wanted to be, I just choose not to because you wouldn't be able to handle yourself.
simplephysics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 12:25 PM   #6940 (permalink)
killedmyraindog
 
TheBig3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Posts: 9,252
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreadnaught View Post
That's not a pool, that's our bathin' hole.
I think its due for a change.

And why do you look different in every photo. didn't you have blonde hair?
TheBig3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.