Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > The Lounge
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2008, 12:19 PM   #1 (permalink)
Aural melody discerner
 
Miltamec Soundsquinaez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: in a truck down by the interstate
Posts: 347
Default Media Bias

See below for footnotes*

Now, we all know the media has an extremely [liberal](1.) bias, and when we're in the middle of important presidential nominations for the upcoming election, it only makes sense that the [fair and balanced](2.) FoxNews would want to [objectively investigate](3.) into the characters of [each parties](4.) [candidates](5.)
However, it seems odd that they seem to be targeting [one of the candidates](6.) especially for [some unknown reason](7.) It seems that Barack Obama has an [intimate](8.) relation with a [known terrorist](9.) For some reason, Obama avoids this issue by [never bringing it up](10.) and [never apologizing](11.) for his behavior. Maliciously, Ayers said on the day of 9/11, that ['he wished they (Weather Underground) had done more.'](12.)
Now, after all this, you would just have to be stupid to [vote for Obama](13.)

1. conservative
2. unfair and biased
3. objectively find the most reasonable way to skew information, and make it sound believable
4. Democrats'
5. characters of people loosely associated with the candidates
6. Democratic, hmmm, that's a mystery!
7. current delegate leader, and likely candidate to rival McCain in November, Obama
8. cordial in passing
9. A member of the Weather Underground, a group of so called terrorists, who orchestrated protest bombings at the Pentagon and other government facilities never with the intention of harming another human being, but of protesting the unnecessary Vietnam War. In fact, the only people ever killed by this group were some of the bombers themselves, when trying to plant the bombs.
10. Apparently the right wing bias worn off on the mainstream media, since Obama would have no way of avoiding this subject. About 30 minutes of the Clinton/Obama debate from a week ago was spent needling into the affairs of, not Obama himself, but people he has known throughout the years.
11. Obama has renounced his relationship with Ayers, and has said that he would not support an endorsement from Ayers of his presidency.
12. This quote has been played over and over again, even by the moderator of last week's debate, and by Hilary Clinton herself. Interestingly, the quote was taken completely out of context, and what Ayers referred to was that he wishes they (Weather Underground) had done more to attempt to stop the Vietnam War.
13. Listen to FoxNews, or believe any of their crackteam rightwing writers have an ounce of journalistic integrity.

Last edited by Miltamec Soundsquinaez; 04-26-2008 at 12:24 PM.
Miltamec Soundsquinaez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 01:39 PM   #2 (permalink)
killedmyraindog
 
TheBig3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Posts: 10,028
Default

So where are you music posts? I'd like to read one.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You had a cassette in 2004?
TheBig3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 06:35 PM   #3 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Rubberchicken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Australia
Posts: 85
Default

The thread title was interesting, then it got boring really quickly. ZZZzzzzzz
__________________
Would you like lies with that?
Rubberchicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 07:17 PM   #4 (permalink)
nothing
 
mr dave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: everywhere
Posts: 4,307
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUsed2lguy View Post
See below for footnotes*

Now, we all know the media has an extremely [liberal](1.) bias, and when we're in the middle of important presidential nominations for the upcoming election, it only makes sense that the [fair and balanced](2.) FoxNews would want to [objectively investigate](3.) into the characters of [each parties](4.) [candidates](5.)
However, it seems odd that they seem to be targeting [one of the candidates](6.) especially for [some unknown reason](7.) It seems that Barack Obama has an [intimate](8.) relation with a [known terrorist](9.) For some reason, Obama avoids this issue by [never bringing it up](10.) and [never apologizing](11.) for his behavior. Maliciously, Ayers said on the day of 9/11, that ['he wished they (Weather Underground) had done more.'](12.)
Now, after all this, you would just have to be stupid to [vote for Obama](13.)

1. conservative
2. unfair and biased
3. objectively find the most reasonable way to skew information, and make it sound believable
4. Democrats'
5. characters of people loosely associated with the candidates
6. Democratic, hmmm, that's a mystery!
7. current delegate leader, and likely candidate to rival McCain in November, Obama
8. cordial in passing
9. A member of the Weather Underground, a group of so called terrorists, who orchestrated protest bombings at the Pentagon and other government facilities never with the intention of harming another human being, but of protesting the unnecessary Vietnam War. In fact, the only people ever killed by this group were some of the bombers themselves, when trying to plant the bombs.
10. Apparently the right wing bias worn off on the mainstream media, since Obama would have no way of avoiding this subject. About 30 minutes of the Clinton/Obama debate from a week ago was spent needling into the affairs of, not Obama himself, but people he has known throughout the years.
11. Obama has renounced his relationship with Ayers, and has said that he would not support an endorsement from Ayers of his presidency.
12. This quote has been played over and over again, even by the moderator of last week's debate, and by Hilary Clinton herself. Interestingly, the quote was taken completely out of context, and what Ayers referred to was that he wishes they (Weather Underground) had done more to attempt to stop the Vietnam War.
13. Listen to FoxNews, or believe any of their crackteam rightwing writers have an ounce of journalistic integrity.
after your church-porn-reagan theory, george carlin 'philosophy' drop and now blowing the lid of garbage news can your next anti-establishment hippie throwback thread have something to do with aliens? we ALL know you've got crazy alien theories. let us all see just how far into tinfoil hat land you've dared venture.
__________________
i am the universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandteacher1 View Post
I type whicked fast,
mr dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 07:23 PM   #5 (permalink)
Aural melody discerner
 
Miltamec Soundsquinaez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: in a truck down by the interstate
Posts: 347
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr dave View Post
after your church-porn-reagan theory, george carlin 'philosophy' drop and now blowing the lid of garbage news can your next anti-establishment hippie throwback thread have something to do with aliens? we ALL know you've got crazy alien theories. let us all see just how far into tinfoil hat land you've dared venture.
It would appear that the coverup of alien existence is yet another government conspiracy; but I don't see what that has to do with my anti-establishment ideas. Do you actually disagree with this thread or believe that FoxNews delivers news without partisanship?
Miltamec Soundsquinaez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 07:11 AM   #6 (permalink)
nothing
 
mr dave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: everywhere
Posts: 4,307
Default

i believe in my own judgment without the need for external validation. i don't see how preaching to people to change their views so they suit mine better makes me any less of a manipulative hypocrite than the people i purport to dislike.
__________________
i am the universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandteacher1 View Post
I type whicked fast,
mr dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 01:08 PM   #7 (permalink)
Aural melody discerner
 
Miltamec Soundsquinaez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: in a truck down by the interstate
Posts: 347
Default

That's a good point, but you're avoiding the question. The point I was trying to make is that FoxNews and the majority of the other media outlets have a right-wing bias, when many (right-wing) pundits claim it has a liberal bias. So, give me an honest answer to that, an answer that doesn't need external validation. You don't seem to have an opinion on this thread, rather you just want to debate my intellect. If I were going to guess, I'd say you probably think the media is just as liberal as conservative. It doesn't take a genius to know that whenever liberals start to cite their opinions and in many cases facts, the other side begins to accuse them of being unpatriotic, or just dumb. They don't want to talk politics or issues, they just want to dispute the other side's character.
Miltamec Soundsquinaez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 02:04 PM   #8 (permalink)
nothing
 
mr dave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: everywhere
Posts: 4,307
Default

where's the question? the opening post has none. as for agreeing or disagreeing with this thread how is it possible with the way you presented it?

my answer to your 'point'... that FoxNews and the majority of the other media outlets have a right-wing bias (in your view), when many (right-wing) pundits claim it has a liberal bias (in their view) = you have differing opinions / ideals. so what? i don't need to be told what to think by either side of the political spectrum, at the end of the day the only thing i really need is food and shelter.

seems to me like your 'question' is just an attempt to get people to validate your opinion.
__________________
i am the universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandteacher1 View Post
I type whicked fast,
mr dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 02:38 PM   #9 (permalink)
Aural melody discerner
 
Miltamec Soundsquinaez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: in a truck down by the interstate
Posts: 347
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr dave View Post
where's the question? the opening post has none. as for agreeing or disagreeing with this thread how is it possible with the way you presented it?
seems to me like your 'question' is just an attempt to get people to validate your opinion.
There is no question in my original post. The point of my original post was to make some points about the so called 'terrorist' Bill Ayers, which unless people really investigated for themselves might not know. I would be curious to know whether you people agree with it or not, but I don't need my point validated. I am making a point that FoxNews constantly tells half truths, take quotes out of context, and chop up bits and pieces of quotes to suit their agenda.

The question in my most recent post was posed directly towards you, it was:
Do you believe the media is just as balanced toward the left as it is to the right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr dave
I don't need to be told what to think by either side of the political spectrum
Would you prefer that I not even voice my political opinion then? Or would you prefer that all news outlets quit expressing their opinions of current leaders and current events, just by the off chance that you might happen upon them?
Miltamec Soundsquinaez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 02:47 PM   #10 (permalink)
nothing
 
mr dave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: everywhere
Posts: 4,307
Default

i think the mainstream media has a bias. i also think so-called independent media has a bias as well.

i don't care if you voice your political opinion same goes for the news outlets. i choose to remove myself from the mess of conflicting opinions and ideals. you're the one who chooses to gripe about their opinions and participate in the endless farce of left wing vs. right wing.

i'm just trying to get you to see that you're acting like them.
__________________
i am the universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandteacher1 View Post
I type whicked fast,
mr dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2021 Advameg, Inc.