Inventions You Wished Existed - Music Banter Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > The Lounge
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2019, 10:45 PM   #11 (permalink)
carpe musicam
 
Neapolitan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Les Barricades Mystérieuses
Posts: 7,707
Default

I think a bridge between Ireland and England would be a cool invention. You drive to London pick up some English Ale and Sheppard's Pie and drive back and mix the Ale with Guinness to make a Black & Tan and sit down to watch a soccer match while eating Sheppard's Pie. Life would be so grand.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by mord View Post
Actually, I like you a lot, Nea. That's why I treat you like ****. It's the MB way.

"it counts in our hearts" ?ºº?
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." Keith Richards
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2019, 10:47 PM   #12 (permalink)
SOPHIE FOREVER
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: East of the Southern North American West
Posts: 35,444
Default

Talking dogs.
__________________
Studies show that when a given norm is changed in the face of the unchanging, the remaining contradictions will parallel the truth.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2019, 10:56 PM   #13 (permalink)
carpe musicam
 
Neapolitan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Les Barricades Mystérieuses
Posts: 7,707
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
Talking dogs.
Dogs do talk, the only problem is they have a limited vocabulary. They say single monosyllabic words like woof, ruff, and bark, but then that's it.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by mord View Post
Actually, I like you a lot, Nea. That's why I treat you like ****. It's the MB way.

"it counts in our hearts" ?ºº?
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." Keith Richards
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2019, 11:05 PM   #14 (permalink)
SOPHIE FOREVER
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: East of the Southern North American West
Posts: 35,444
Default

Dogs can probably talk. They just want to be able to pretend that they don't understand us, so they don't flex on their vocabulary skills.
__________________
Studies show that when a given norm is changed in the face of the unchanging, the remaining contradictions will parallel the truth.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2019, 11:57 PM   #15 (permalink)
carpe musicam
 
Neapolitan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Les Barricades Mystérieuses
Posts: 7,707
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
Dogs can probably talk. They just want to be able to pretend that they don't understand us, so they don't flex on their vocabulary skills.
Tru dat. Makes you wonder why wolves do vocal exercises at night.

Cats go about the day constantly using their extrasensory perception. I catch them staring at doors at the time hoping it will open for them. Only problem: doors are totally oblivious to cats and their cat whims. I know they have those things in a door where pets can come and go as they please, but why ruin a perfectly good door with a truck flap? What needs to be invented is a door that can interact with cat telepathy.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by mord View Post
Actually, I like you a lot, Nea. That's why I treat you like ****. It's the MB way.

"it counts in our hearts" ?ºº?
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." Keith Richards
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 01:01 AM   #16 (permalink)
Willowy Elven Boy
 
elphenor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Deli in Winn Dixie in Florida
Posts: 14,744
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
Nah it still does.
this was the suggested invention
__________________
Just another marketing ploy

Quote:
Are beehives and ant colonies unnatural? Cause they cooperate on a level we could hardly dream of.
elphenor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 04:03 AM   #17 (permalink)
the bantering battleaxe
 
Marie Monday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Cute Post Malone's mom
Posts: 3,305
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neapolitan View Post
Cats go about the day constantly using their extrasensory perception. I catch them staring at doors at the time hoping it will open for them. Only problem: doors are totally oblivious to cats and their cat whims. I know they have those things in a door where pets can come and go as they please, but why ruin a perfectly good door with a truck flap? What needs to be invented is a door that can interact with cat telepathy.
My cat can open doors, it's both convenient and annoying
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
You sound like Buffy after they dragged her back from Heaven.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WWWP View Post
I want to open a school for MB's lost boys and teach them basic coping skills and build up their self esteem and strengthen their emotional intelligence and teach them about vegetables and institutionalized racism and sexism and then they'll all build a bronze statue of me in my honor and my bronzed titties will forever be groped by the grubby paws of you ****ing whiny pathetic white boys.
Marie Monday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 08:33 AM   #18 (permalink)
Toasted Poster
 
Chula Vista's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: SoCal by way of Boston
Posts: 11,333
Default

Right after we moved into our new place we spotted a stray cat bopping around. Over the last 10 months we've adopted it. It spend nights out on our walled off patio. Eats breakfast, hangs out for a couple of hours and then is gone all day. About 5:00 she comes back, has dinner, and hangs out for the night. She is cool with both dogs and our cat even tolerates her. Definite runt of the litter. Really small with only half a tail and missing part of an ear, both look bitten off. Cute as hell and one of the family now.

__________________

“The fact that we live at the bottom of a deep gravity well,
on the surface of a gas covered planet going around a nuclear fireball 90 million miles away
and think this to be normal is obviously some indication of how skewed our perspective tends to be.”
Chula Vista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 09:03 AM   #19 (permalink)
SOPHIE FOREVER
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: East of the Southern North American West
Posts: 35,444
Default

That's a pretty good invention. Do you think it has another family that it hangs out with in the daytime? Cats can be polygamists like that.
__________________
Studies show that when a given norm is changed in the face of the unchanging, the remaining contradictions will parallel the truth.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 03:06 PM   #20 (permalink)
Born to be mild
 
Trollheart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: 404 Not Found
Posts: 26,579
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
a trollheart thread that doesn't suck ass
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
Nah it still does.
That's what he meant, dumbass. And all the threads he starts, huh?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neapolitan View Post
I think a bridge between Ireland and England would be a cool invention. You drive to London pick up some English Ale and Sheppard's Pie and drive back and mix the Ale with Guinness to make a Black & Tan and sit down to watch a soccer match while eating Sheppard's Pie. Life would be so grand.
We can't even get the Brits to agree on a hard border, soft border, whatever the **** it is, for Brexit. You think they're gonna go building a bridge? IRA would just blow it up anyway.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
Talking dogs.
You probably don't really want to know what your dog thinks of you....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neapolitan View Post
Tru dat. Makes you wonder why wolves do vocal exercises at night.

Cats go about the day constantly using their extrasensory perception. I catch them staring at doors at the time hoping it will open for them. Only problem: doors are totally oblivious to cats and their cat whims. I know they have those things in a door where pets can come and go as they please, but why ruin a perfectly good door with a truck flap? What needs to be invented is a door that can interact with cat telepathy.
What's needed is a barcode reader on the door, barcode on the cat's collar, so it can buzz itself in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarieMarie View Post
My cat can open doors, it's both convenient and annoying

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
Right after we moved into our new place we spotted a stray cat bopping around. Over the last 10 months we've adopted it. It spend nights out on our walled off patio. Eats breakfast, hangs out for a couple of hours and then is gone all day. About 5:00 she comes back, has dinner, and hangs out for the night. She is cool with both dogs and our cat even tolerates her. Definite runt of the litter. Really small with only half a tail and missing part of an ear, both look bitten off. Cute as hell and one of the family now.

Very cute. What's her name?
__________________
Trollheart: Signature-free since April 2018
Trollheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2023 Advameg, Inc.