What's The Latest Film You Have Seen? - Music Banter Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > Media
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2008, 01:27 PM   #1671 (permalink)
Hip Priest
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: UK
Posts: 302
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevorkian Logic View Post
Goodbye Lenin.

In German, with no subtitles, my bf was summarizing what was going on sparatically, so the little bit I understood made it seem like a good movie, but i'm still unsure.
Good movie that.
Pornographie Nouveau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 07:46 AM   #1672 (permalink)
Imperfectly Perfect
 
Kevorkian Logic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 1,290
Default

oh good, when I get the chance I'll watch it with English subtitles. I somehow think i'll enjoy it a lot more. Don't know why though....
__________________
"it is only through a limitless accumulation of the imperfect that a certain type of perfection can be attained"
Kevorkian Logic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 08:44 AM   #1673 (permalink)
King of the Idiots
 
kthedrummer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: The free love freeway
Posts: 262
Default

I live right by the library in my town so I often check out DVDs there...I found this BBC serial called State of Play that I had never heard of...I watched the first 5 hours yesterday and it was top notch. God I love the BBC. I guess there is an American film in the works which will have Ben Affleck in it I think in the David Morrissey part...I am sure it will be ruined...I need to check out more Paul Abbott stuff.
__________________
Your brain has the shell on it.
kthedrummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 09:25 AM   #1674 (permalink)
Ba and Be.
 
jackhammer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: This Is England
Posts: 17,331
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kthedrummer View Post
I live right by the library in my town so I often check out DVDs there...I found this BBC serial called State of Play that I had never heard of...I watched the first 5 hours yesterday and it was top notch. God I love the BBC. I guess there is an American film in the works which will have Ben Affleck in it I think in the David Morrissey part...I am sure it will be ruined...I need to check out more Paul Abbott stuff.
Yeah it is well written and performed. No doubt to be ruined by american Network television unless someone like HBO are picking it up in which case there is hope.
__________________

“A cynic by experience, a romantic by inclination and now a hero by necessity.”
jackhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 10:17 AM   #1675 (permalink)
Mate, Spawn & Die
 
Janszoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: The Rapping Community
Posts: 24,593
Default

Alien 3
I just saw this movie yesterday for the first time since 1992. For a long time I really hated this movie and thought it was the absolute worst of the Alien franchise, but having seen it again now I've pretty much reversed my opinion. It's not quite as good as the first two, but it's a solid movie that works well with the other movies while retaining a unique feel all its own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackhammer View Post
The Fountain is an absolutely stunning film and definitely gets better with each viewing.
Great movie!
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 12:24 PM   #1676 (permalink)
Ba and Be.
 
jackhammer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: This Is England
Posts: 17,331
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
Alien 3
I just saw this movie yesterday for the first time since 1992. For a long time I really hated this movie and thought it was the absolute worst of the Alien franchise, but having seen it again now I've pretty much reversed my opinion. It's not quite as good as the first two, but it's a solid movie that works well with the other movies while retaining a unique feel all its own.


Great movie!
I would have loved to have seen the orignal director Vincent Wards version. It would have really been something: HorrorLair - Alien 3 Script by John Fasano and Vincent Ward. If you can manage to find it check out his film The Navigator. Highly unusual and inventive.
__________________

“A cynic by experience, a romantic by inclination and now a hero by necessity.”
jackhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 12:41 PM   #1677 (permalink)
Mate, Spawn & Die
 
Janszoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: The Rapping Community
Posts: 24,593
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackhammer View Post
I would have loved to have seen the orignal director Vincent Wards version. It would have really been something: HorrorLair - Alien 3 Script by John Fasano and Vincent Ward. If you can manage to find it check out his film The Navigator. Highly unusual and inventive.
Gah! Netflix doesn't have it. Sounds interesting though. I'll keep my eye out for it.
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 02:59 PM   #1678 (permalink)
King of the Idiots
 
kthedrummer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: The free love freeway
Posts: 262
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackhammer View Post
Yeah it is well written and performed. No doubt to be ruined by american Network television unless someone like HBO are picking it up in which case there is hope.
Its going to be a feature film...so...They will condense the story and add another sex scene...lol.
__________________
Your brain has the shell on it.
kthedrummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 04:08 PM   #1679 (permalink)
locomotive power
 
spark10036's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: too drunk to remember
Posts: 518
Default

just seen Closer, which is a good film actually.

however I just came to this two conclusions:

1. Clive Owen was awesome in The Bourne Identity
and
2. Natalie Portman has a great bom-bom
__________________
...siempre es possible

spark10036 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 01:14 PM   #1680 (permalink)
Ba and Be.
 
jackhammer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: This Is England
Posts: 17,331
Default



A bittersweet comedy about two guys in wheelchairs. Sound's tame but it's just a great movie, both funny and touching. (Known as 'Rory O Shea Was Here in the U.S)
__________________

“A cynic by experience, a romantic by inclination and now a hero by necessity.”
jackhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2024 Advameg, Inc.