What's The Latest Film You Have Seen? - Music Banter Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > Media
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2016, 12:58 PM   #17701 (permalink)
SOPHIE FOREVER
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: East of the Southern North American West
Posts: 35,548
Default

__________________
Studies show that when a given norm is changed in the face of the unchanging, the remaining contradictions will parallel the truth.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 02:15 AM   #17702 (permalink)
SOPHIE FOREVER
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: East of the Southern North American West
Posts: 35,548
Default


The Witch

Holy ****. That was amazing.

Spoiler for Also,:
there were no witches. There was sooooooooo much work put into the cinematography to maintain an element of realism to the film that flies in the face of it simply being the supernatural. On the scenes that step away from reality a bit, a few of my initial thoughts are

The witch bathing in the newborn baby represents how women of the time had to give them life or allow them to ascend in status.

That sick bitch in the woods raped Caleb!

The ending was a metaphor for Thomason's selling herself to another farm to survive, as it is the only world she knows. In addition to point one, she knew little happiness in her home life and the small joys in her life make her happier than what she knew with her family.

Caleb coughed out the apple because...I have no ****ing idea.

EDIT: Oh, that's right! I forgot they were shouting about serpents and **** in that scene, which is obviously an Adam and Eve reference. So...the witch and/or Thomason corrupted him and it became his death or...something. I'm still not too sure on this one.


I obviously should and will watch it again. It's not like it doesn't have a crazy amount of replay value though.


Blue Ruin

Hitchcock revolutionized the concept of suspense in film, but I think that Salnier makes some of the most nailbiting scenes in film history. So far, he's kind of built his premises around capitalizing on that talent of his in that his characters are in totally new and hopeless situations while sticking around for two hours. The acting was out of this world, too. I liked the intimacy and overall premise of The Green Room, but I'm with the general consensus that Blue Ruin is better.
__________________
Studies show that when a given norm is changed in the face of the unchanging, the remaining contradictions will parallel the truth.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 04:04 AM   #17703 (permalink)
President spic
 
Justthefacts's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Waxahatchee
Posts: 4,861
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post

The Witch

Holy ****. That was amazing.

Spoiler for Also,:
there were no witches. There was sooooooooo much work put into the cinematography to maintain an element of realism to the film that flies in the face of it simply being the supernatural. On the scenes that step away from reality a bit, a few of my initial thoughts are

The witch bathing in the newborn baby represents how women of the time had to give them life or allow them to ascend in status.

That sick bitch in the woods raped Caleb!

The ending was a metaphor for Thomason's selling herself to another farm to survive, as it is the only world she knows. In addition to point one, she knew little happiness in her home life and the small joys in her life make her happier than what she knew with her family.

Caleb coughed out the apple because...I have no ****ing idea.

EDIT: Oh, that's right! I forgot they were shouting about serpents and **** in that scene, which is obviously an Adam and Eve reference. So...the witch and/or Thomason corrupted him and it became his death or...something. I'm still not too sure on this one.


I obviously should and will watch it again. It's not like it doesn't have a crazy amount of replay value though.


Blue Ruin

Hitchcock revolutionized the concept of suspense in film, but I think that Salnier makes some of the most nailbiting scenes in film history. So far, he's kind of built his premises around capitalizing on that talent of his in that his characters are in totally new and hopeless situations while sticking around for two hours. The acting was out of this world, too. I liked the intimacy and overall premise of The Green Room, but I'm with the general consensus that Blue Ruin is better.
.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by YorkeDaddy View Post
I love how you edited your post to officially out me out of the closet?" It's like you asked yourself if you were a big enough cunt in the post, concluded that you weren't, and added it in to satisfy your postly cunt quota
Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
I converted to Islam today.

Allah Supreme.
A Love Supreme.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mondo Bungle View Post
saw LeBron James downtown but then I realized I'm just racist
The Best Collection You'll See Today
Justthefacts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 01:35 PM   #17704 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Aalborg
Posts: 7,636
Default

Talk Radio

I really like this movie. This is the second time I've watched it in a couple years.
If only I could find more movies like this: Movies driven 100% by dialogue.
Movies that manage to feel snappy and driven, dramatic and interesting,
despite being all about dialogue and monologues.

Movies I know that fit this category:

Talk Radio
My Dinner With Andre
Carnage
Glen Garry Glen Ross
Good Night and Good Luck


I need to find more. Anybody have some good suggestions?
MicShazam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 01:46 PM   #17705 (permalink)
Groupie
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: The Interwebs
Posts: 16
Default

Latest first time watch: I watched Suicide Squad a few days ago. It definitely didn't deserve all the flack it got.

I watched Deadpool for the third time last night. I love dark humor.
CJ21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 02:15 PM   #17706 (permalink)
SOPHIE FOREVER
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: East of the Southern North American West
Posts: 35,548
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicShazam View Post
Talk Radio

I really like this movie. This is the second time I've watched it in a couple years.
If only I could find more movies like this: Movies driven 100% by dialogue.
Movies that manage to feel snappy and driven, dramatic and interesting,
despite being all about dialogue and monologues.

Movies I know that fit this category:

Talk Radio
My Dinner With Andre
Carnage
Glen Garry Glen Ross
Good Night and Good Luck


I need to find more. Anybody have some good suggestions?
12 Angry Men not being on your list disturbs me. Have you seen it?
__________________
Studies show that when a given norm is changed in the face of the unchanging, the remaining contradictions will parallel the truth.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 02:16 PM   #17707 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Aalborg
Posts: 7,636
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
12 Angry Men not being on your list disturbs me. Have you seen it?
I have been told to watch it a 1.000 times but still somehow managed not to. I have no explanation.
MicShazam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 02:17 PM   #17708 (permalink)
SOPHIE FOREVER
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: East of the Southern North American West
Posts: 35,548
Default

You know what to do.
__________________
Studies show that when a given norm is changed in the face of the unchanging, the remaining contradictions will parallel the truth.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 02:21 PM   #17709 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Aalborg
Posts: 7,636
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
You know what to do.
I added it to my watchlist. No idea why I always forgot about it previously. It was always one of those "oh yeah I should probably watch that" movies.
MicShazam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 02:26 PM   #17710 (permalink)
Primo Celebate Sexiness
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 2,662
Default

12 Angry Men has one of the best cast ensembles ever. It felt like the cast was a real jury, not just a bunch of great actors.
__________________
I'm a pretty nice troll if you ask me.
JGuy Grungeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2024 Advameg, Inc.