What's The Latest Film You Have Seen? - Music Banter Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > Media
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2017, 02:57 PM   #18701 (permalink)
mayor of spookytown
 
Chiomara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 812
Default

Last Holiday, starring Queen Latifah and LL Cool J (?!?) of all people! I assumed it would be a typical generic feel-good movie/romantic comedy (terminally-ill lady goes and follows her dreams, etc) but it was actually delightful. Like, this was a scientifically perfect feel-good movie. Oh, and Gérard Depardieu is in it too and he was entertaining as always.
Chiomara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 03:01 PM   #18702 (permalink)
Exo
All day jazz and biscuits
 
Exo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 7,359
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiomara View Post
Last Holiday, starring Queen Latifah and LL Cool J (?!?) of all people! I assumed it would be a typical generic feel-good movie/romantic comedy (terminally-ill lady goes and follows her dreams, etc) but it was actually delightful. Like, this was a scientifically perfect feel-good movie. Oh, and Gérard Depardieu is in it too and he was entertaining as always.
1. Why are you surprised that QL and LL are in that movie?

2. You're going to have to explain your word usage of "scientifically perfect" movie.
__________________
LastFM

SUPREME POO BAH MODERATOR EXTRAORDINAIRE
Exo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 03:12 PM   #18703 (permalink)
mayor of spookytown
 
Chiomara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 812
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exo View Post
1. Why are you surprised that QL and LL are in that movie?

2. You're going to have to explain your word usage of "scientifically perfect" movie.
1. I was only surprised about seeing LL Cool J (not QL) since I had no idea he dabbled in acting.

2. Well, I was drinking quite of wine while watching it, so my memory may not be 100% reliable. It's a scientifically-perfect feel-good movie, specifically. Much of the plot revolved around food and there was just the right amount of emotional manipulation! I can't really explain my justification beyond that ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Chiomara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 03:13 PM   #18704 (permalink)
Exo
All day jazz and biscuits
 
Exo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 7,359
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiomara View Post
1. I was only surprised about seeing LL Cool J (not QL) since I had no idea he dabbled in acting.

2. Well, I was drinking quite of wine while watching it, so my memory may not be 100% reliable. It's a scientifically-perfect feel-good movie, specifically. Much of the plot revolved around food and there was just the right amount of emotional manipulation! I can't really explain my justification beyond that ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
1. Gotcha.

2. I'm just having a hard time figuring out how science comes into play with your description of Last Holiday with Queen Latifah.
__________________
LastFM

SUPREME POO BAH MODERATOR EXTRAORDINAIRE
Exo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 03:16 PM   #18705 (permalink)
.
 
grindy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: .
Posts: 7,201
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exo View Post
2. I'm just having a hard time figuring out how science comes into play with your description of Last Holiday with Queen Latifah.
I think it's called hyperbole.
__________________
A smell of petroleum prevails throughout.
grindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 03:17 PM   #18706 (permalink)
Exo
All day jazz and biscuits
 
Exo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 7,359
Default

Well it's a weird one.
__________________
LastFM

SUPREME POO BAH MODERATOR EXTRAORDINAIRE
Exo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 03:21 PM   #18707 (permalink)
mayor of spookytown
 
Chiomara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 812
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exo View Post
1. Gotcha.

2. I'm just having a hard time figuring out how science comes into play with your description of Last Holiday with Queen Latifah.
Well, I am a scientist, you see. Science always comes into play.

(but honestly I don't know either)

Chiomara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 03:22 PM   #18708 (permalink)
Exo
All day jazz and biscuits
 
Exo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 7,359
Default

I'll shut up now because you've said twice that you don't know which is a totally acceptable answer due to me being somewhat of a moron and not at all a scientist.
__________________
LastFM

SUPREME POO BAH MODERATOR EXTRAORDINAIRE
Exo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 03:23 PM   #18709 (permalink)
.
 
grindy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: .
Posts: 7,201
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiomara View Post
Well, I am a scientist, you see. Science always comes into play.

(but honestly I don't know either)

Are you really a scientist?
__________________
A smell of petroleum prevails throughout.
grindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 03:28 PM   #18710 (permalink)
mayor of spookytown
 
Chiomara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 812
Default

No worries Exo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grindy View Post
Are you really a scientist?
No, but I do happen to own a shirt that says "Professor Science" above a dinosaur wearing a graduation cap so, y'know, I'm basically a scientist, yeah. In pretend land.
Chiomara is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2024 Advameg, Inc.