What's The Latest Film You Have Seen? - Music Banter Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > Media
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2011, 09:13 PM   #9421 (permalink)
Juicious Maximus III
 
Guybrush's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Scabb Island
Posts: 6,525
Default

^I remember watching Wedlock years ago .. Or that is, I remember that we rented it and put it on, but I don't remember much of the movie. They were trying to escape from a prison and that's about it. I guess it must be completely forgettable.

For those who like entertaining crap and Rutger Hauer, I can recommend Split Second. It's a film set in a dark future (well, 2008 actually) where Rutger Hauer plays the ultimate Bad Cop who runs on a constant supply of coffee, sugar and a bad temper. In addition to harassing his partner and dropping silly one-liners, he's also trying to hunt down a monster/serial killer.



It's completely ridiculous and over the top, but Hauer fits the role perfectly and I had a lot of fun watching it .. twice
__________________
Something Completely Different
Guybrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 09:17 PM   #9422 (permalink)
Justifiable Idiocracy
 
Bloozcrooz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,244
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackhammer View Post
I am a big John Carpenter fan but this and Starman were real low points for me

As for me recently:

I vaguely remembered this being OK when I saw it years ago but it is actually pretty crap. Prisoners are controlled by explosive collars linked to another (unknown to them) prisoner which is a half decent concept but it fails miserably on closer inspection

I guess nostalgia is not always a good thing. Although Mimi Rogers tight trousers did distract me now and again.
One I did see recently that was to my liking was this. Maybe you'd find it interesting if you havent aready seen it. Matt Damon playing the genuis role again. Not as good as Good Will Hunting but watchable and worth rewatching imo.

Bloozcrooz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 09:49 PM   #9423 (permalink)
Ba and Be.
 
jackhammer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: This Is England
Posts: 17,331
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tore View Post
^I remember watching Wedlock years ago .. Or that is, I remember that we rented it and put it on, but I don't remember much of the movie. They were trying to escape from a prison and that's about it. I guess it must be completely forgettable.

For those who like entertaining crap and Rutger Hauer, I can recommend Split Second. It's a film set in a dark future (well, 2008 actually) where Rutger Hauer plays the ultimate Bad Cop who runs on a constant supply of coffee, sugar and a bad temper. In addition to harassing his partner and dropping silly one-liners, he's also trying to hunt down a monster/serial killer.



It's completely ridiculous and over the top, but Hauer fits the role perfectly and I had a lot of fun watching it .. twice
I think I do have this somewhere! Hauer has carved out a niche in B movies with some decent roles along the way.

Still waiting for this to come out. Apologies I have posted this before. NSFW.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Boozinbloozin View Post
One I did see recently that was to my liking was this. Maybe you'd find it interesting if you havent aready seen it. Matt Damon playing the genuis role again. Not as good as Good Will Hunting but watchable and worth rewatching imo.

An odd link to another film. Yes I have this film. John Malkovich is awesome. One of directors John Dahl's better efforts post film noir (Kill Me Again/Red Rock West/The Last Seduction).
__________________

“A cynic by experience, a romantic by inclination and now a hero by necessity.”
jackhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 10:54 PM   #9424 (permalink)
Mate, Spawn & Die
 
Janszoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: The Rapping Community
Posts: 24,593
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackhammer View Post
I think I do have this somewhere! Hauer has carved out a niche in B movies with some decent roles along the way.

Still waiting for this to come out. Apologies I have posted this before. NSFW.
Haha, wow. The dude's head getting pulled off was definitely a highlight.
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 04:46 AM   #9425 (permalink)
Juicious Maximus III
 
Guybrush's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Scabb Island
Posts: 6,525
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackhammer View Post
Holy crap! It's like a troma movie done well with Hauer in it. I'll definetly have to watch that one.
__________________
Something Completely Different
Guybrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 05:05 AM   #9426 (permalink)
Live by the Sword
 
Howard the Duck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Posts: 9,075
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tore View Post
For those who like entertaining crap and Rutger Hauer, I can recommend Split Second. It's a film set in a dark future (well, 2008 actually) where Rutger Hauer plays the ultimate Bad Cop who runs on a constant supply of coffee, sugar and a bad temper. In addition to harassing his partner and dropping silly one-liners, he's also trying to hunt down a monster/serial killer.



It's completely ridiculous and over the top, but Hauer fits the role perfectly and I had a lot of fun watching it .. twice
I totally loved that one.
Howard the Duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 07:10 AM   #9427 (permalink)
...
 
dankrsta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,776
Default

^^Ha...I remember that one. Rutger Hauer is great, especially in The Hitcher.
__________________
dankrsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 07:09 PM   #9428 (permalink)
Himself
 
loveissucide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Leuven ,Belgium, via Ireland
Posts: 1,325
Default


The Battle Of Algiers
Pretty brilliant to be honest.My knowledge of non-Anglophone film is terrible, and this was a fantastic reconstruction of civil war that was far more balanced than any other film on terrorism I've ever seen.
loveissucide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 08:24 PM   #9429 (permalink)
Barely Disheveled Zombie
 
Zarko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,196
Default



One of the worst movies I've chosen to watch in years
Zarko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 09:54 PM   #9430 (permalink)
not really
 
Sparky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 5,223
Default

^ thankyou, i don't get why that movie is a cult classic
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2024 Advameg, Inc.