Kanye West - Yeezus - Music Banter Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The MB Reader > New Releases Ratings Forum
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

View Poll Results: Rate it, yo.
5 27 27.84%
4 23 23.71%
3 18 18.56%
2 10 10.31%
1 19 19.59%
Voters: 97. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2013, 07:18 PM   #221 (permalink)
MB quadrant's JM Vincent
 
duga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 3,721
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
I think he's also saying **** no one says and that it has nothing to do with you.
What, specifically? The content definitely has nothing to do with me but the purpose has everything to do with me.
__________________
Confusion will be my epitaph...
duga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 07:37 PM   #222 (permalink)
Groupie
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 12
Default

It wasn’t bad.. But it could be better.. Beats are AMAZING, But lyrically, IT SUCKS
YOUSRI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 09:43 PM   #223 (permalink)
"Hermione-Lite"
 
Arya Stark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: New York.
Posts: 3,024
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by duga View Post
What, specifically? The content definitely has nothing to do with me but the purpose has everything to do with me.
I feel like if you're not falling for it, then it doesn't, you know?

If his point is to see what his stupid fans will do and you're not doing it, then maybe you aren't his goal?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sansa Stark View Post
I'm down with Jesus, in that case.


MB Journal.
Azucar y Especia. My blog.
Arya Stark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 09:56 PM   #224 (permalink)
MB quadrant's JM Vincent
 
duga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 3,721
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
I feel like if you're not falling for it, then it doesn't, you know?

If his point is to see what his stupid fans will do and you're not doing it, then maybe you aren't his goal?
Whether I am a fan or not has nothing to do with it. I have the potential to enjoy his music just like anyone else. I felt like he was treating me like an idiot. If his fans like it, that's fine. That's just how I felt about it, though.
__________________
Confusion will be my epitaph...
duga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 10:01 PM   #225 (permalink)
Mate, Spawn & Die
 
Janszoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Posts: 24,158
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by duga View Post
Whether I am a fan or not has nothing to do with it. I have the potential to enjoy his music just like anyone else. I felt like he was treating me like an idiot. If his fans like it, that's fine. That's just how I felt about it, though.
That's how I feel about all of his albums, but at least this one has good music.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by P A N View Post
i'm not gonna spend my life on music banter trying to convince people the earth is flat.
A Night in the Life of the Invisible Man

Time & Place

25 Albums You Should Hear Before the Moon Crashes into the Earth and We All Die


last.fm
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 10:03 PM   #226 (permalink)
MB quadrant's JM Vincent
 
duga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 3,721
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
That's how I feel about all of his albums, but at least this one has good music.
This is how I feel about My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy, but definitely not Yeezus.
__________________
Confusion will be my epitaph...
duga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 10:08 PM   #227 (permalink)
Mate, Spawn & Die
 
Janszoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Posts: 24,158
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by duga View Post
This is how I feel about My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy, but definitely not Yeezus.
I think I've given MBDTF more chances than I've ever given any album, but I still can't stand it.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by P A N View Post
i'm not gonna spend my life on music banter trying to convince people the earth is flat.
A Night in the Life of the Invisible Man

Time & Place

25 Albums You Should Hear Before the Moon Crashes into the Earth and We All Die


last.fm
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 10:09 PM   #228 (permalink)
MB quadrant's JM Vincent
 
duga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 3,721
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
I think I've given MBDTF more chances than I've ever given any album, but I still can't stand it.
What do you find more likable about Yeezus?
__________________
Confusion will be my epitaph...
duga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 10:14 PM   #229 (permalink)
Make it so
 
Scarlett O'Hara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 5,876
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by duga View Post
What do you find more likable about Yeezus?
Is it weird to like both albums? I've noticed people are going for one or the other not both. I just like Yez in general.
__________________
"Elph is truly an enfant terrible of the forum, bless and curse him" - Marie, Queen of Thots
Scarlett O'Hara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 10:17 PM   #230 (permalink)
MB quadrant's JM Vincent
 
duga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 3,721
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla View Post
Is it weird to like both albums? I've noticed people are going for one or the other not both. I just like Yez in general.
It's not weird at all...those are just my opinions. I could actually see defending the album if you came at it objectively (I mean...I've defended some horrible albums from some of my favorite artists), but just the attitude I feel he has really puts me off the music.
__________________
Confusion will be my epitaph...
duga is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2022 Advameg, Inc.