Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The Music Forums > Rap & Hip-Hop
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2008, 03:55 PM   #61 (permalink)
not really
 
Sparky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 5,218
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProggyMan View Post
He's not very good, but you can't judge him cuz' he's old! Good point about his death. But that's not really significant. I mean he just raps in a monotone, no tonal changes, nothing. Same with his flow.
And Aesop isn't monotone?

It wasn't my intention to say he isn't good. Im saying its unfair to judge him to aesop rock, but thats not saying he is in any way worse, in fact in some respects hes better.

It would be like comparing elvis to thom yorke, they're both performed(d) rock, but are you going to say Elvis is worse because of his lyrics?

I mean, anything positive said about biggie(who im assuming you like based on previous post) can be said about tupac as well.
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 05:07 PM   #62 (permalink)
isfckingdead
 
sleepy jack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 18,969
Default

Proggy is just showing his ignorance of hip hop by saying Tupac sucks. All Eyez on Me was the first double-disc hip hop album ever and despite him finishing it in two weeks it has had more impact than most artists, including Aesop Rock will ever have. Tupac is probably the most important rap artists of the 90s and while I prefer Me Against the World for its much more serious tone the shift in style he presented and the way All Eyez on Me traverses various sides of him is something rarely seen by many hip hop artists. Monotoned? Maybe vocally but hardly anywhere else. The beats and production are fine, particularly the driving one in California Love I don't see why Proggy has a problem with them other than him throwing out generic insults in hopes he can look controversial by. He took hip hop to another level and even today Tupac would be considered a fine artist, he's one of the most well-read rappers ever and it shows.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by METALLICA89 View Post
Ive seen you on muiltipul forums saying Metallica and slayer are the worst **** you kid go suck your **** while you listen to your ****ing emo **** I bet you do listen to emo music
sleepy jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 06:33 PM   #63 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
2headed*MC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 56
Default

sorry i dont remember why i posted that even when i look at ur post
2headed*MC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 06:56 PM   #64 (permalink)
Reformed Jackass
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 3,961
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by matious View Post
And Aesop isn't monotone?

It wasn't my intention to say he isn't good. Im saying its unfair to judge him to aesop rock, but thats not saying he is in any way worse, in fact in some respects hes better.

It would be like comparing elvis to thom yorke, they're both performed(d) rock, but are you going to say Elvis is worse because of his lyrics?

I mean, anything positive said about biggie(who im assuming you like based on previous post) can be said about tupac as well.
No, listen to Aesop and Biggie, they change up their voice. They're both much more accomplished rappers than Tupac. Although there's not many I would take over 2Pac as a lyricist.

Quote:
Proggy is just showing his ignorance of hip hop by saying Tupac sucks. All Eyez on Me was the first double-disc hip hop album ever and despite him finishing it in two weeks it has had more impact than most artists, including Aesop Rock will ever have. Tupac is probably the most important rap artists of the 90s and while I prefer Me Against the World for its much more serious tone the shift in style he presented and the way All Eyez on Me traverses various sides of him is something rarely seen by many hip hop artists. Monotoned? Maybe vocally but hardly anywhere else. The beats and production are fine, particularly the driving one in California Love I don't see why Proggy has a problem with them other than him throwing out generic insults in hopes he can look controversial by. He took hip hop to another level and even today Tupac would be considered a fine artist, he's one of the most well-read rappers ever and it shows.
Did I ever deny his importance? Or how good a lyricist he was? I also admitted that his production wasn't bad, I just said it couldn't compare to Biggie's or just about any other rapper with that much of a legendary status.
ProggyMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 07:12 PM   #65 (permalink)
isfckingdead
 
sleepy jack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 18,969
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProggyMan View Post
Did I ever deny his importance? Or how good a lyricist he was? I also admitted that his production wasn't bad, I just said it couldn't compare to Biggie's or just about any other rapper with that much of a legendary status.
So...you say he has "nothing else going for him" except good lyrics yet you don't deny his importance...


...
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by METALLICA89 View Post
Ive seen you on muiltipul forums saying Metallica and slayer are the worst **** you kid go suck your **** while you listen to your ****ing emo **** I bet you do listen to emo music
sleepy jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 07:15 PM   #66 (permalink)
Reformed Jackass
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 3,961
Default

Seeing as I was talking about the music, yah.
ProggyMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 07:17 PM   #67 (permalink)
isfckingdead
 
sleepy jack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 18,969
Default

You realize he's important BECAUSE of his music right?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by METALLICA89 View Post
Ive seen you on muiltipul forums saying Metallica and slayer are the worst **** you kid go suck your **** while you listen to your ****ing emo **** I bet you do listen to emo music
sleepy jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 07:18 PM   #68 (permalink)
Reformed Jackass
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 3,961
Default

Yes, he was very influential, wasn't he? So was Led Zeppelin.
ProggyMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 07:32 PM   #69 (permalink)
not really
 
Sparky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 5,218
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProggyMan View Post
No, listen to Aesop and Biggie, they change up their voice. They're both much more accomplished rappers than Tupac. Although there's not many I would take over 2Pac as a lyricist.


Did I ever deny his importance? Or how good a lyricist he was? I also admitted that his production wasn't bad, I just said it couldn't compare to Biggie's or just about any other rapper with that much of a legendary status.
Have you listened to biggie's production?

I would take what Dr.Dre did "California love" over most of Biggie's material.

How are they more "accomplished"?

Tupac's albums are still selling well to this day. Nobody has the same "Legendary" status as tupac,
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 09:07 PM   #70 (permalink)
isfckingdead
 
sleepy jack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 18,969
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProggyMan View Post
Yes, he was very influential, wasn't he? So was Led Zeppelin.
Yeah and Led Zeppelin is one of the most acclaimed/widely selling bands ever. You're going nowhere with your argument.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by METALLICA89 View Post
Ive seen you on muiltipul forums saying Metallica and slayer are the worst **** you kid go suck your **** while you listen to your ****ing emo **** I bet you do listen to emo music
sleepy jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2020 Advameg, Inc.