liquid swords more like lightsaber - Music Banter Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The Music Forums > Rap & Hip-Hop
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2010, 02:23 AM   #31 (permalink)
isfckingdead
 
sleepy jack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 18,967
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
Just going off of my experience.

Edit: I would also like to add, his skin color is obviously not a factor in why I dislike him. I love plenty of white rappers, black rappers, etc.
I just don't think he would have been as recognized if he wasn't white.

One reason I say this, is because when most average rap / hip-hop listeners compared him to Eminem the first time they heard him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
College Kid with a similiar voice/skin complexion to Eminem.

That's his gimmick, I guess.
lol
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by METALLICA89 View Post
Ive seen you on muiltipul forums saying Metallica and slayer are the worst **** you kid go suck your **** while you listen to your ****ing emo **** I bet you do listen to emo music
sleepy jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 02:25 AM   #32 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Kirby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Forest Park, GA
Posts: 1,637
Default

Never said I wasn't an average Hip-Hop listener.

And the mixtape I heard, his voice sounded a LOT like Eminem, which is what the general consensus of my friends/classmates was.

I could have worded it better, but I still think his skin color helped a little in the success he had.
__________________
Kirby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 02:28 AM   #33 (permalink)
isfckingdead
 
sleepy jack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 18,967
Default

So basically because all you and your friends can't look past the fact he's white, he's only famous because he's white. I get it now.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by METALLICA89 View Post
Ive seen you on muiltipul forums saying Metallica and slayer are the worst **** you kid go suck your **** while you listen to your ****ing emo **** I bet you do listen to emo music
sleepy jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 02:29 AM   #34 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Kirby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Forest Park, GA
Posts: 1,637
Default

Yeah, because I said that about all white rappers.

I wouldn't think as much if he didn't sound almost exactly like Eminem in most of the songs I've heard.
His voice sounding a lot like Eminem doesn't help the case either.
__________________
Kirby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 02:30 AM   #35 (permalink)
isfckingdead
 
sleepy jack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 18,967
Default

I don't know what else to get from this. You say Asher Roth is only famous because he's white and your entire argument for this is "well my friends and classmates agree with me."
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by METALLICA89 View Post
Ive seen you on muiltipul forums saying Metallica and slayer are the worst **** you kid go suck your **** while you listen to your ****ing emo **** I bet you do listen to emo music
sleepy jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 02:32 AM   #36 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Kirby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Forest Park, GA
Posts: 1,637
Default

I also said I could have worded it better, and that his voice sounding a lot like Eminem doesn't help the case.
__________________
Kirby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 02:40 AM   #37 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 4,538
Default

Eminem and Asher aren't at all similar. I don't even hear the resemblance between voices, but to each his own. Regardless, having a similar voice and skin complextion as another rapper means he's a gimmick? That he's just capitalizing on Eminem's success? I dont get it.

I'm not tryin to disregard your point it's just that I don't think I understand what you are getting at.
someonecompletelyrandom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 02:44 AM   #38 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Kirby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Forest Park, GA
Posts: 1,637
Default

I resent what I said in the earlier thread, too, because I don't see it as a gimmick. That was a terrible way of putting it, and I'm actually ashamed that I would say something as ignorant as that.

I'm just saying that his voice being similar to Eminem's (based on the one mixtape or so that I heard) and his skin color spawned a lot of "Could he be the next Em" talk on the internet and what not.

And I believe that added to his hype.
__________________
Kirby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 02:48 AM   #39 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 4,538
Default

I get you dude. Back when I was rapping (more) that's the "compliment" I'd always get. I sound nothing like Eminem by the way.

It made me freaking sick.
someonecompletelyrandom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 02:51 AM   #40 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Kirby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Forest Park, GA
Posts: 1,637
Default

Yeah, I understand.
I really do hear it though. Maybe it's because of the particular mixtape I heard or something, as I never checked on dude after that one.

I am sorry for coming across as being ignorant about it, because I try not to.
To be fair, It's also around 5 AM right now.
__________________
Kirby is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2024 Advameg, Inc.