Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The Music Forums > Rap & Hip-Hop
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2018, 11:30 PM   #11 (permalink)
Cuter Than Post Malone.
 
Lucem Ferre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 4,787
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by [MERIT] View Post
If he would ghost-write for someone who actually has some vocal talent, that would be awesome.
Dude, his lyrics are the worst part.

**** him, his lyrics and his white victim complex. He's an embarrassment to all of us beautiful braided beasts.
__________________
Quote:
Lucem, you're right, it's silly to talk about what I would or wouldn't do IRL. Glad you brought it up. Maybe you should write an instrumental about it. I recommend a piano paired with a clarinet. With ambient sounds of you hanging from your shower curtain you ****ing failure.

Art Is Dead. Buy My ****.
Lucem Ferre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 11:38 PM   #12 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
[MERIT]'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Missouri, USA
Posts: 4,811
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucem Ferre View Post
Dude, his lyrics are the worst part.

**** him, his lyrics and his white victim complex. He's an embarrassment to all of us beautiful braided beasts.
I don't see it that way. We don't know what he has experienced in his life that has led him to this point. Also, he has a point. If you look up "Black Pride" and "White Pride" on Wikipedia, you get VASTLY different connotations:

"Black pride is a movement in response to dominant white cultures and ideologies that encourages black people to celebrate black culture and embrace their African heritage."

"White pride is a motto primarily used by white separatist, white nationalist, neo-Nazi and white supremacist organizations in order to signal racist or racialist viewpoints."


That's complete fucking bullshit, and you know it. They are saying that it's okay for blacks to be proud of their ancestry, but not for white people. I'm not saying that white people haven't done some fucked up shit, but so have black people, and every other race on this planet. Is it right to judge everyone by the sins of their ancestors?
[MERIT] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 08:41 AM   #13 (permalink)
Cuter Than Post Malone.
 
Lucem Ferre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 4,787
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by [MERIT] View Post
I don't see it that way. We don't know what he has experienced in his life that has led him to this point. Also, he has a point. If you look up "Black Pride" and "White Pride" on Wikipedia, you get VASTLY different connotations:

"Black pride is a movement in response to dominant white cultures and ideologies that encourages black people to celebrate black culture and embrace their African heritage."

"White pride is a motto primarily used by white separatist, white nationalist, neo-Nazi and white supremacist organizations in order to signal racist or racialist viewpoints."


That's complete fucking bullshit, and you know it. They are saying that it's okay for blacks to be proud of their ancestry, but not for white people. I'm not saying that white people haven't done some fucked up shit, but so have black people, and every other race on this planet. Is it right to judge everyone by the sins of their ancestors?
Oh noooooooooooo. You're such a victim.

The biased definitions provided by google hurt your feeeeeeeeeelings.

Nobody wants you to be proud of being a caucaaaaaaaaasian.

This is the pinnacle of racism, the most ****ed up atrocity happening in America right now.

Cops shooting unarmed black people, the mass genocides of natives, tearing apart Mexican families, the continued hate crimes towards middle easterners, none of this compares to the problems of hurtful comments some people say about white people.
__________________
Quote:
Lucem, you're right, it's silly to talk about what I would or wouldn't do IRL. Glad you brought it up. Maybe you should write an instrumental about it. I recommend a piano paired with a clarinet. With ambient sounds of you hanging from your shower curtain you ****ing failure.

Art Is Dead. Buy My ****.
Lucem Ferre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 08:59 PM   #14 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
[MERIT]'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Missouri, USA
Posts: 4,811
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucem Ferre View Post
Oh noooooooooooo. You're such a victim.

The biased definitions provided by google hurt your feeeeeeeeeelings.

Nobody wants you to be proud of being a caucaaaaaaaaasian.

This is the pinnacle of racism, the most ****ed up atrocity happening in America right now.

Cops shooting unarmed black people, the mass genocides of natives, tearing apart Mexican families, the continued hate crimes towards middle easterners, none of this compares to the problems of hurtful comments some people say about white people.
I didn't realize that there could only be 1 injustice at a time in this world. Thanks for pointing that out.
[MERIT] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 11:57 PM   #15 (permalink)
Cuter Than Post Malone.
 
Lucem Ferre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 4,787
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by [MERIT] View Post
I didn't realize that there could only be 1 injustice at a time in this world. Thanks for pointing that out.
The **** that Thomas talks about isn't anywhere near as bad as majority of the atrocities that racism has caused yet he still acts like it is. He paints himself as being a grand victim for being white, desperately tries to prove he isn't racist, but at the same time he's never in his life spoke up for people dealing with actual oppression caused by racism.
__________________
Quote:
Lucem, you're right, it's silly to talk about what I would or wouldn't do IRL. Glad you brought it up. Maybe you should write an instrumental about it. I recommend a piano paired with a clarinet. With ambient sounds of you hanging from your shower curtain you ****ing failure.

Art Is Dead. Buy My ****.
Lucem Ferre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2018, 02:04 AM   #16 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
[MERIT]'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Missouri, USA
Posts: 4,811
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucem Ferre View Post
The **** that Thomas talks about isn't anywhere near as bad as majority of the atrocities that racism has caused yet he still acts like it is. He paints himself as being a grand victim for being white, desperately tries to prove he isn't racist, but at the same time he's never in his life spoke up for people dealing with actual oppression caused by racism.
You see it as "playing the victim," while he [I'm assuming] sees it as him trying to assimilate himself into the rap game/culture. If you are okay with black people saying the N word, then you should be okay with a white person rapping about how they, SPECIFICALLY AS AN ARTIST & A HUMAN BEING, have been treated whilst in the industry.
[MERIT] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2018, 09:07 AM   #17 (permalink)
Cuter Than Post Malone.
 
Lucem Ferre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 4,787
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by [MERIT] View Post
You see it as "playing the victim," while he [I'm assuming] sees it as him trying to assimilate himself into the rap game/culture. If you are okay with black people saying the N word, then you should be okay with a white person rapping about how they, SPECIFICALLY AS AN ARTIST & A HUMAN BEING, have been treated whilst in the industry.
No, he's definitely playing the victim. Don't dance around it.


How does his victim complex relate to rappers saying 'nostalgia'?
__________________
Quote:
Lucem, you're right, it's silly to talk about what I would or wouldn't do IRL. Glad you brought it up. Maybe you should write an instrumental about it. I recommend a piano paired with a clarinet. With ambient sounds of you hanging from your shower curtain you ****ing failure.

Art Is Dead. Buy My ****.
Lucem Ferre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2018, 09:24 PM   #18 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
[MERIT]'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Missouri, USA
Posts: 4,811
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucem Ferre View Post
No, he's definitely playing the victim. Don't dance around it.


How does his victim complex relate to rappers saying 'nostalgia'?
You're just one big face-palm.
[MERIT] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 02:05 AM   #19 (permalink)
SOPHIE FOREVER
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: East of the Southern North American West
Posts: 34,377
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by [MERIT] View Post
If you are okay with black people saying the N word, then you should be okay with a white person rapping about how they, SPECIFICALLY AS AN ARTIST & A HUMAN BEING, have been treated whilst in the industry.
How is that even the same thing or an accurate description of this corny cracker?
__________________
At a time like this, scorching irony, not convincing argument, is needed.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 05:24 AM   #20 (permalink)
.
 
grindy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: .
Posts: 7,043
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by [MERIT] View Post
I don't see it that way. We don't know what he has experienced in his life that has led him to this point. Also, he has a point. If you look up "Black Pride" and "White Pride" on Wikipedia, you get VASTLY different connotations:

"Black pride is a movement in response to dominant white cultures and ideologies that encourages black people to celebrate black culture and embrace their African heritage."

"White pride is a motto primarily used by white separatist, white nationalist, neo-Nazi and white supremacist organizations in order to signal racist or racialist viewpoints."


That's complete fucking bullshit, and you know it. They are saying that it's okay for blacks to be proud of their ancestry, but not for white people. I'm not saying that white people haven't done some fucked up shit, but so have black people, and every other race on this planet. Is it right to judge everyone by the sins of their ancestors?
Racial pride as a concept is generally retarded, black or white, but if you look at the people espousing those, the black pride guys are usually okay, while the white pride guys are dumb, whiny pieces of ****.
__________________
A smell of petroleum prevails throughout.
grindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2021 Advameg, Inc.