Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The Music Forums > Rock & Metal
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

View Poll Results: Which Band is Your Favorite?
AC/DC 3 2.97%
The Beatles 12 11.88%
Bob Dylan (I know techincally he's not a band, but he deserves to be on here 5 4.95%
Cream 0 0%
Creedence 0 0%
The Doors 2 1.98%
The Eagles 2 1.98%
Grateful Dead 1 0.99%
Jethro Tull 3 2.97%
Jimi Hendrix Experience 4 3.96%
Led Zeppelin 10 9.90%
CSN/Neil Young 0 0%
Nirvana 13 12.87%
Pink Floyd 13 12.87%
The Rolling Stones 3 2.97%
Rush 4 3.96%
Queen 7 6.93%
Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers 3 2.97%
Tool 13 12.87%
The Who 3 2.97%
Voters: 101. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2005, 03:46 PM   #91 (permalink)
Traveler Of Time & Space
 
Kashmir86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: I'm the bustle in your hedgegrow
Posts: 628
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDGE
Bob Dylan is god.
Bob Dylan is songwriting god.
__________________
"Into this house we’re born
Into this world we’re thrown
Like a dog without a bone
An actor out on loan
Riders on the storm"

"How many ears must one man have
Before he can hear people cry?
How many deaths will it take till he knows
That too many people have died?"

"Diamond rope silver chain
Pretty noose is pretty pain
And I don’t like what you got me hanging from"
Kashmir86 is offline  
Old 12-31-2005, 03:52 PM   #92 (permalink)
accidental genius
 
EDGE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 1,161
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kashmir86
Bob Dylan is songwriting god.
well. yes, this is true.
EDGE is offline  
Old 12-31-2005, 05:07 PM   #93 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
bungalow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Hot-lanta
Posts: 3,140
Default

Urban......It isnt worth it.
He is too busy kissing Led Zeppelins ass to realize anything else.
Me and MIsfits have had this argument with him before.
He is very thickheaded.
You wont get through.
bungalow is offline  
Old 12-31-2005, 05:41 PM   #94 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 390
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kashmir86
I rarely ever hear Frank Zappa played on the radio

Except for maybe 'Valley Girl' and that's usually on 80's type stations, anyway..
shiftael is offline  
Old 12-31-2005, 05:43 PM   #95 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
boo boo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Where the buffalo roam.
Posts: 12,137
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yanqui_UXO
...because tool is good music...?

nobody else sounds like them, and if you say "yeah all these nu-metal bands do" i shall smite thee, because they are the originals. they didn't plan on influencing ****ty mainstream bands.
I think what Big3 meant is that they dont really fit with the other bands on the poll, Nirvana dont either, i mean Jethro Tull and Nirvana?...Dosent really sound right.
boo boo is offline  
Old 12-31-2005, 05:51 PM   #96 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
boo boo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Where the buffalo roam.
Posts: 12,137
Default

I hate this everybody piss on Led Zeppelin trend, yeah, you guys hate Zeppelin, i think we got it, no need to repeat yourselves.

Seriously, i agree that in the secular world Zeppelin are overrated, but i think they are underrated on this forum, really, the only forum regular i really see overrating Zeppelin is Kashmir....And the worst he has done is blab about his love for Led Zeppelin, its not like he said that they are better than every band in existence and that anyone who disagrees is a idiot...Or something stupid like that Zeppelin have more cultural impact than The Beatles and The Who because they invented long hair, which i have heard at DDD on one occasion.

Im not taking Kashmirs side (god forbid), but i think this whole "everybody jump on the bandwagon" routine is annoying as hell.
boo boo is offline  
Old 12-31-2005, 06:00 PM   #97 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 390
Default

^
to the above post..
Ahhh yes whatever happend to individuality these days, wholeheartedly agreed that Zep, on thsi forum is underraed while other far less noteworthy acts are touted and gushed over...
shiftael is offline  
Old 12-31-2005, 06:02 PM   #98 (permalink)
isfckingdead
 
sleepy jack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 18,969
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftael
^
to the above post..
Ahhh yes whatever happend to individuality these days, wholeheartedly agreed that Zep, on thsi forum is underraed while other far less noteworthy acts are touted and gushed over...
So? People are sick of zeppelin and since your new i'll let that slide, LedZepStu and LedZepRules use to stuff led zeppelin down everyones throat and dicuss/bring them up constantly, while they're diffirent now it happened and alot of people still remmeber it.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by METALLICA89 View Post
Ive seen you on muiltipul forums saying Metallica and slayer are the worst **** you kid go suck your **** while you listen to your ****ing emo **** I bet you do listen to emo music
sleepy jack is offline  
Old 12-31-2005, 06:07 PM   #99 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
boo boo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Where the buffalo roam.
Posts: 12,137
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexisonfire
So? People are sick of zeppelin and since your new i'll let that slide, LedZepStu and LedZepRules use to stuff led zeppelin down everyones throat and dicuss/bring them up constantly, while they're diffirent now it happened and alot of people still remmeber it.
People tend to stuff their favorite bands down peoples throats...Its not like its totaly unique and only Zep fans do it...Every band has their annoying fanboys, just some more than others (Rush, Iron Maiden, Tool, etc).

Pearl Jam fans are worse than Zep fans in my opinion, by a very large amount, since i pretty much dispise every Pearl Jam fan i stumble upon...AND I LIKE PEARL JAM.

I know the other day i told you i hated them, but that was only because i was extreamly pissed off (damn Pearl Jam fans) and i wasnt thinking clearly.
boo boo is offline  
Old 12-31-2005, 06:09 PM   #100 (permalink)
isfckingdead
 
sleepy jack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 18,969
Default

I know, but im just saying this because it plays a part in some older members zep disliking.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by METALLICA89 View Post
Ive seen you on muiltipul forums saying Metallica and slayer are the worst **** you kid go suck your **** while you listen to your ****ing emo **** I bet you do listen to emo music
sleepy jack is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.