Music Banter

Music Banter (https://www.musicbanter.com/)
-   Rock & Metal (https://www.musicbanter.com/rock-metal/)
-   -   Metal & Rock Music Recommendations (https://www.musicbanter.com/rock-metal/38356-metal-rock-music-recommendations.html)

almauro 11-04-2009 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hip hop bunny hop (Post 755317)
If someone could help, I'm looking for worthwhile grindcore/crust similar to:

Blood
Assuck
Repulsion

Please do not give me recommendations if you aren't familiar with at least two of the above.

Try 90's Brutal Truth.

SATCHMO 11-04-2009 07:46 AM

I'm looking for something similar to Mastodon's Crack the Skye (stop laughing and dont say Leviathan), which after 6 months I cant stop listening to.

333 11-04-2009 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SATCHMO (Post 762530)
I'm looking for something similar to Mastodon's Crack the Skye (stop laughing and dont say Leviathan), which after 6 months I cant stop listening to.

Have you explored the rest of their discography?

Edit: I can't really think of anything that similar. The vocals are pretty distinct, and I think that alone makes the sound not so generic.

SATCHMO 11-04-2009 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 333 (Post 762547)
Have you explored the rest of their discography?

Edit: I can't really think of anything that similar. The vocals are pretty distinct, and I think that alone makes the sound not so generic.

Yeah, that's the problem. I love their discography, but I'm looking for something conceptually similar to CtS, plus I really love the vocals on the album.

333 11-04-2009 08:30 AM

Ah, I see. You're seeking concept albums as well. When you say conceptually similar, do you mean Greek Mythology? Hinds and Sanders are amazing vocalists and I've not found anything as unique as them.

SATCHMO 11-04-2009 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 333 (Post 762553)
Ah, I see. You're seeking concept albums as well. When you say conceptually similar, do you mean Greek Mythology? Hinds and Sanders are amazing vocalists and I've not found anything as unique as them.

An album with a very cohesive sound. Not simply a collection of songs.

333 11-04-2009 08:54 AM

We shall hunt for it together!

You listen to Between the Buried and Me any?

SATCHMO 11-04-2009 08:59 AM

No, but I will. as an aside something about mastodon's vocals reminds me a bit of Alice in Chains Dirt era. Do you get that?

333 11-04-2009 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SATCHMO (Post 762578)
No, but I will. as an aside something about mastodon's vocals reminds me a bit of Alice in Chains Dirt era. Do you get that?

Yes, I was actually going to mention AiC, but figured it'd be irrelevant because none of their newer stuff is similar. At least I don't think so. If you get into Between the Buried and Me, start out with Alaska. I'm biased, so talked to other BTBAM listeners, too, but I'm not too fond of anything before that. Antonio is pretty knowledgeable on them. They are way heavier in the vocals than Mastodon, but there are also distinct similarities. The reason I say start with Alaska because I want you to experience the transition to Colors and to their latest The Great Misdirect. I've not fully listen to the new album, but have already decided that it's in the shadows of Colors. If you need links, I'll be on later to up some stuff for you. Hope I helped!

SATCHMO 11-04-2009 09:10 AM

Hmmm....High on Fire!!!!


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:18 PM.


© 2003-2022 Advameg, Inc.