Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The Music Forums > Rock & Metal
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2013, 11:54 PM   #51 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Norg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,707
Default

One of my fav NU metal songs


Senser - Age of Panic - YouTube
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 11:56 PM   #52 (permalink)
Mate, Spawn & Die
 
Janszoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Posts: 24,108
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euronomus View Post
Almost all Nu Metal has a heavy industrial influence...
No, it really doesn't. I don't hear any Einstürzende Neubauten or Throbbing Gristle in Korn or Limp Bizkit at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euronomus View Post
...but they have a lot of hip hop and grunge influences too and I don't hear too much of that in Manson's music. Manson has a lot more in common with KMFDM, Skinny Puppy, or Ministry than with Limp Bizkit, P.O.D. or Papa Roach. Manson is definitely industrial, you could argue about the metal I suppose but I wouldn't.
KMFDM, Skinny Puppy and Ministry aren't really industrial though so the fact that they influenced Marilyn Manson definitely doesn't make Marilyn Manson industrial.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by P A N View Post
i'm not gonna spend my life on music banter trying to convince people the earth is flat.
A Night in the Life of the Invisible Man

Time & Place

25 Albums You Should Hear Before the Moon Crashes into the Earth and We All Die


last.fm
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 12:00 AM   #53 (permalink)
Dibs on the killing sound
 
Euronomus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Spider Scull Island
Posts: 366
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
No, it really doesn't. I don't hear any Einstürzende Neubauten or Throbbing Gristle in Korn or Limp Bizkit at all.


KMFDM, Skinny Puppy and Ministry aren't really industrial though so the fact that they influenced Marilyn Manson definitely doesn't make Marilyn Manson industrial.
excuse me, Industrial rock/metal.
__________________
Euronomus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 02:01 PM   #54 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 123
Default

I don't know and honestly I don't care, if somebody doesn't like it its fine with me.

But what I don't understand is how can somebody who listens to a bunch of long haired dudes just mindlessly bashing the guitar and growling dare to act condescending towards Nu Metal.

Norg that Senser vocalist's rapping voice/flow strongly resembles Eazy E :P
MyName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 02:03 PM   #55 (permalink)
Mate, Spawn & Die
 
Janszoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Posts: 24,108
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyName View Post
But what I don't understand is how can somebody who listens to a bunch of long haired dudes just mindlessly bashing the guitar and growling dare to act condescending towards Nu Metal.
What if they have short hair?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by P A N View Post
i'm not gonna spend my life on music banter trying to convince people the earth is flat.
A Night in the Life of the Invisible Man

Time & Place

25 Albums You Should Hear Before the Moon Crashes into the Earth and We All Die


last.fm
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 03:57 PM   #56 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 123
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
What if they have short hair?
Hehe don't get me wrong I'm not bothered by long hair, its just that most people that play the kind of music I described are either long haired(in most cases) or bald. They all try to copy each other to stay tr00 or whatever and they usually all end up looking/sounding too similar to each other.
MyName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 04:40 PM   #57 (permalink)
Mate, Spawn & Die
 
Janszoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Posts: 24,108
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyName View Post
Hehe don't get me wrong I'm not bothered by long hair, its just that most people that play the kind of music I described are either long haired(in most cases) or bald. They all try to copy each other to stay tr00 or whatever and they usually all end up looking/sounding too similar to each other.
The crappy ones do try to copy other bands and end up sounding unoriginal, sure. But that's true of any genre.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by P A N View Post
i'm not gonna spend my life on music banter trying to convince people the earth is flat.
A Night in the Life of the Invisible Man

Time & Place

25 Albums You Should Hear Before the Moon Crashes into the Earth and We All Die


last.fm
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 09:46 PM   #58 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Israel
Posts: 180
Default

Guys, did you know that guitar solos are a rare occurrence in Nu metal?
Whiskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 09:49 PM   #59 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 223
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey View Post
Guys, did you know that guitar solos are a rare occurrence in Nu metal?
I think that someone did indeed say something along those lines. PowerPusher/MyName doesn't care; it ain't brutal if it's got guitar solos, because guitar solos = bleep! They just ain't br00tal enough, right?
Musicfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 09:58 PM   #60 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Israel
Posts: 180
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicfanatic View Post
I think that someone did indeed say something along those lines. PowerPusher/MyName doesn't care; it ain't brutal if it's got guitar solos, because guitar solos = bleep! They just ain't br00tal enough, right?
Well I like guitar solos so the fact that Nu metal often lacks it means I dont listen to Nu metal much. I think its because Nu metal has strong grunge influences in it and grunge also doesnt have guitar solos often.
Whiskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2020 Advameg, Inc.