Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The Music Forums > Rock & Metal
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2013, 05:26 AM   #61 (permalink)
I'm back, baby!
 
Trollheart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: In your face
Posts: 22,025
Default

Not that I care about this thread, but could a mod please tell me why my post was deleted? I wrote a considered reply in response to the accusation of being called "semi-rude" and I saw nothing wrong with it, yet it's not here? What gives?

Anyone?

Edit: I think I see. All insult posts removed, and since mine referred to one of them that was removed too? I'm ok if that's the case.
Otherwise please let me know the reason.
__________________
Trollheart: Signature-free since April 2018

Last edited by Trollheart; 08-02-2013 at 05:33 AM.
Trollheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 06:14 AM   #62 (permalink)
MB quadrant's JM Vincent
 
duga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 3,721
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
Not that I care about this thread, but could a mod please tell me why my post was deleted? I wrote a considered reply in response to the accusation of being called "semi-rude" and I saw nothing wrong with it, yet it's not here? What gives?

Anyone?

Edit: I think I see. All insult posts removed, and since mine referred to one of them that was removed too? I'm ok if that's the case.
Otherwise please let me know the reason.
Yes, this was the reason.

And to...Mirosurabu... When you are presented with a well thought out argument and respond with insults, why would I bother explaining myself to you? The members of this forum know me and my experience and know that I probably know more about the subject than you so I don't really care to enlighten you. I just wanted you to know you are wrong.

But music is subjective, there's no arguing that.
__________________
Confusion will be my epitaph...
duga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 08:55 AM   #63 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Paedantic Basterd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: BC
Posts: 5,128
Default

I thought I had a pretty well-reasoned defense of his points, but nah. Nobody wants to talk about that, and neither do I. It's easier to prey on easy targets and move on.
__________________
Paedantic Basterd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 11:28 AM   #64 (permalink)
No Ice In My Bourbon
 
SoundgardenRocks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: USA, USA, USA!
Posts: 1,443
Default

Another great MB thread!
SoundgardenRocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 11:56 AM   #65 (permalink)
MB quadrant's JM Vincent
 
duga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 3,721
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedestrian View Post
I thought I had a pretty well-reasoned defense of his points, but nah. Nobody wants to talk about that, and neither do I. It's easier to prey on easy targets and move on.
And it's pretty easy to get on a high horse defending ass holes that don't deserve proper responses. Maybe you didn't catch his insults before they were deleted, but I'm responding to some blatantly wrong statements that he made as well as the general way he is responding to people, especially when THEY make well-reasoned arguments that he disagrees with.

Sorry your response seemed to be missed, but there's no need to get passive aggressive about it. It happens to a lot of people.
__________________
Confusion will be my epitaph...
duga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 05:19 PM   #66 (permalink)
Groupie
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Serbia
Posts: 27
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by duga View Post
And to...Mirosurabu... When you are presented with a well thought out argument and respond with insults, why would I bother explaining myself to you? The members of this forum know me and my experience and know that I probably know more about the subject than you so I don't really care to enlighten you. I just wanted you to know you are wrong.
Dude, you're a dumbass of the first rank. Seriously! And what's more hilarious is that you're actually responsible for moderating this forum lol! You have presented zero arguments for your case, you've been rude from your very first post on this topic and you've even failed to realize why I lashed out at people (hint: because they were very rude.) It is precisely because I have manners that I lash out at people! Though I understand this is strange thing to understand for the Internet forumoids but it's true.

I mean, take this gunnels moran for example:

Quote:
I love how the post begins by claiming that everything is subjective, but goes on to describe personal taste in one the most objective ways I've ever seen. Describing "scientific facts" as "scientific illusions" was pretty great too. Man, I should not find pseudo-intellectual trolling this funny.
And nobody finds anything wrong with a reply like this lol. F-cktards.
mirosurabu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 05:37 PM   #67 (permalink)
Melancholia Eternally
 
Mojo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: England
Posts: 4,922
Default

I've seen you insult more often than you have been insulted. You are inviting hostility.
__________________

Last.FM | Blank Slate | Echoes and Dust
Mojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 05:37 PM   #68 (permalink)
MB quadrant's JM Vincent
 
duga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 3,721
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirosurabu View Post
Dude, you're a dumbass of the first rank. Seriously! And what's more hilarious is that you're actually responsible for moderating this forum lol! You have presented zero arguments for your case, you've been rude from your very first post on this topic and you've even failed to realize why I lashed out at people (hint: because they were very rude.) It is precisely because I have manners that I lash out at people! Though I understand this is strange thing to understand for the Internet forumoids but it's true.

I mean, take this gunnels moran for example:



And nobody finds anything wrong with a reply like this lol. F-cktards.
And you've been rude from your first posts since even joining this forum. Spouting names of philosophers you've heard of counts as evidence of arguments on your part? Please.

You are an A+ debater. Truly.
__________________
Confusion will be my epitaph...
duga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 05:44 PM   #69 (permalink)
Groupie
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Serbia
Posts: 27
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by duga View Post
And it's pretty easy to get on a high horse defending ass holes that don't deserve proper responses. Maybe you didn't catch his insults before they were deleted, but I'm responding to some blatantly wrong statements that he made as well as the general way he is responding to people, especially when THEY make well-reasoned arguments that he disagrees with.

Sorry your response seemed to be missed, but there's no need to get passive aggressive about it. It happens to a lot of people.
And now, you're not only insulting me but also people who have done nothing but contributed to the topic. But that's what happens when you let a lifeless imbecile moderate a forum.
mirosurabu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 05:45 PM   #70 (permalink)
I'm back, baby!
 
Trollheart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: In your face
Posts: 22,025
Default

You're rude because you have manners? Is this a joke? Please explain because I am just lost on that one...

Why don't you try debating instead of lashing out at people? Really, you're just making enemies here and I doubt anyone has sympathy for you. You're not making it easy.
__________________
Trollheart: Signature-free since April 2018
Trollheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



© 2003-2020 Advameg, Inc.