Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The Music Forums > Rock & Metal > Rock N Roll, Classic Rock & 60s Rock
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2010, 10:39 AM   #61 (permalink)
Basscadet
 
Dayvan Cowboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Antarctica
Posts: 1,244
Default

I'm going to write a journal entry just for you, TCS

hehe...
__________________
I AM A DEAF CON OF ANGORA GOATS
Dayvan Cowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 10:41 AM   #62 (permalink)
love will tear you apart
 
TheCunningStunt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Manchester, UK.
Posts: 5,100
Default

I'm against Prog as well, Post-Rock and Prog seem to go hand in hand. Everything I've heard bores me, I think I've closed the door on finding entertaining Post-Rock because it's never happened. Maybe one day a band will jump out at me that I enjoy. Sigur Ros make me want to lose the will to live.
__________________
I don't feel and I feel great.

Last FM
TheCunningStunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 10:56 AM   #63 (permalink)
Basscadet
 
Dayvan Cowboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Antarctica
Posts: 1,244
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCunningStunt View Post
I'm against Prog as well, Post-Rock and Prog seem to go hand in hand. Everything I've heard bores me, I think I've closed the door on finding entertaining Post-Rock because it's never happened. Maybe one day a band will jump out at me that I enjoy. Sigur Ros make me want to lose the will to live.
Sigur Ros and Godspeed! aren't the only post rock bands that exist.

Here's the band I won't shut up about:


Here's an electronic/post rock band called God Is An Astronaut


And So I Watch You From Afar made one of 2009's best albums: here's my favourite song:


Math Rawk time! (Math Rock has a lot to do with Post-Rock)
__________________
I AM A DEAF CON OF ANGORA GOATS
Dayvan Cowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 11:01 AM   #64 (permalink)
one big soul
 
Alfred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Canada
Posts: 5,073
Default

At the moment I wish I was born in 1990 in Gainesville, Florida, so that I could attend The Fest since 2008.
__________________
Alfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 08:00 PM   #65 (permalink)
Groupie
 
acrylic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: somewhere over the rainbow
Posts: 7
Default

UH, YES!

In wish I could've been there in the sixties in London. That would be ****ing amazing.
acrylic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 05:33 AM   #66 (permalink)
awkward moose
 
homesick.alien's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: I ride kangaroos to school
Posts: 133
Default

I would have liked to visit the 70's more actually. Maybe late 60's-early 70's.

The thing I liked best about then was that there was no internet, so people actually went out and did stuff, creative things. Now all us teens are cooped up at home, typing away at keyboards and staring into this flat, eye-killing screen.

Back then, everyone actually got involved with the rest of the world.
__________________
..Colourless green ideas sleep furiously..

"Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names"- J.F. Kennedy
homesick.alien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 02:36 PM   #67 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
annapurna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 63
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by homesick.alien View Post
I would have liked to visit the 70's more actually. Maybe late 60's-early 70's.

The thing I liked best about then was that there was no internet, so people actually went out and did stuff, creative things. Now all us teens are cooped up at home, typing away at keyboards and staring into this flat, eye-killing screen.

Back then, everyone actually got involved with the rest of the world.
I lived through the 70s and it was awesome. I got to see Star Wars in the theater in 1977....I remember when I threw a fit because my parents wouldn't let me go and see Alien at the local drive in. lol.

My taste in music as a kid was horrible though, I loved the Partridge Family and Shaun Cassidy.
annapurna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 10:53 PM   #68 (permalink)
Still Crazy Nutso!
 
thomasracer56's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: California, USA
Posts: 147
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by homesick.alien View Post
I would have liked to visit the 70's more actually. Maybe late 60's-early 70's.

The thing I liked best about then was that there was no internet, so people actually went out and did stuff, creative things. Now all us teens are cooped up at home, typing away at keyboards and staring into this flat, eye-killing screen.

Back then, everyone actually got involved with the rest of the world.
and all because of creeper scare. a new wave came in our community with 3 events.
thomasracer56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 11:15 PM   #69 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Necromancer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 2,622
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by annapurna View Post
I lived through the 70s and it was awesome. I got to see Star Wars in the theater in 1977....I remember when I threw a fit because my parents wouldn't let me go and see Alien at the local drive in. lol.

My taste in music as a kid was horrible though, I loved the Partridge Family and Shaun Cassidy.
I liked the Partridge Family too.., The Osmonds , and that era of Micheal Jackson's career (The Jackson 5) is my personal favorite by MJ.
Necromancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 11:32 PM   #70 (permalink)
IWP
A S T H E T I C
 
IWP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 532
Default

I should've been born anywhere from 1968-1971.
__________________
*insert witty remark here*
IWP is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2020 Advameg, Inc.