Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Artists Corner > Song Writing, Lyrics and Poetry
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2015, 02:40 PM   #1 (permalink)
 
Plainview's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 721
Default Upcoming Album, looking for opinions and feedback.



Alright guys and gals? I've got an album that is in its final stages, and I have a roughly produced version. I'm basically looking for someone who would be willing to give it a listen and give me some feedback on the overall sound and concept as well as for the individual tracks. I didn't want to share the rough version with everyone so if anyone is interested then please drop me a PM. I'd really appreciate it!

The album is loosely based around a concept of death and rebirth, and is primarily an experimental electronic album, but their are elements of jazz, Hip-Hop, Psychedelia and plenty of other stuff in the mix. I suppose I'd compare it to Flying Lotus, sound-wise, with some Wonky elements, but I don't want to draw too many parallels as I'd like to think it stands up on its own.

As I said, if anyone would be willing to give me some thoughts on it, please let me know. Cheers people.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadChannel
The overuse of babe/baby, the lack of any sort of discernible originality, the melodrama and the general sense of an especially heinous sort of hardcore vapid stupidity all make me want to jab my eyes out with a drill-press and then hang myself from the CN Tower with an electrified rope that sends shocks in excess of 10,000 volts through my body as I slowly die. While listening to Dream Theater.
Plainview is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 02:43 PM   #2 (permalink)
the only one you need!
 
BloodFoxTK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Scotland, UK.
Posts: 143
Default

roughly what genre would you say the album is?
BloodFoxTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 02:45 PM   #3 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
DeadChannel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,258
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodFoxTK View Post
roughly what genre would you say the album is?
Read the post.
DeadChannel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 07:38 PM   #4 (permalink)
Nobody likes my music
 
Trollheart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: In Cognito
Posts: 21,739
Default

I'll give it a listen if you want and give you some honest feedback, though I can't speak to production or even musical technicality as I don't really play. But I'll give you my thoughts if you want them.
__________________
Trollheart: Signature-free since April 2018
Trollheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 06:50 AM   #5 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Australia
Posts: 94
Default

i havn't heard it but te deaf aids is a terrible name
thesienna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 01:37 PM   #6 (permalink)
 
Plainview's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 721
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
I'll give it a listen if you want and give you some honest feedback, though I can't speak to production or even musical technicality as I don't really play. But I'll give you my thoughts if you want them.
Great, just any impressions you have are appreciated. I'll PM you, cheers!
Quote:
Originally Posted by thesienna View Post
i havn't heard it but te deaf aids is a terrible name
Well I got it from something John Lennon says on Let It Be so I don't give a **** what you think! I mean that in the most amiable way possible.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadChannel
The overuse of babe/baby, the lack of any sort of discernible originality, the melodrama and the general sense of an especially heinous sort of hardcore vapid stupidity all make me want to jab my eyes out with a drill-press and then hang myself from the CN Tower with an electrified rope that sends shocks in excess of 10,000 volts through my body as I slowly die. While listening to Dream Theater.
Plainview is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 06:36 AM   #7 (permalink)
Groupie
 
Steyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 12
Default

I wouldn't mind having a listen and giving you some feedback as well. And as far as Deaf Aids being a terrible name.... Would Metallica really be such an awesome name if Metallica wasn't as famous? Is Thin Lizzy not a terrible name? The Police? It's not the name that makes the band.
Steyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 08:04 AM   #8 (permalink)
 
Plainview's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 721
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steyn View Post
I wouldn't mind having a listen and giving you some feedback as well. And as far as Deaf Aids being a terrible name.... Would Metallica really be such an awesome name if Metallica wasn't as famous? Is Thin Lizzy not a terrible name? The Police? It's not the name that makes the band.
I have actually now released it on Soundcloud, please give it a spin! And yeah, I have a personal connection to the name and I think that's all that counts.
Cheers!

https://soundcloud.com/the-deaf-aids...ns-will-return
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadChannel
The overuse of babe/baby, the lack of any sort of discernible originality, the melodrama and the general sense of an especially heinous sort of hardcore vapid stupidity all make me want to jab my eyes out with a drill-press and then hang myself from the CN Tower with an electrified rope that sends shocks in excess of 10,000 volts through my body as I slowly die. While listening to Dream Theater.
Plainview is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.