Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > Sport & Recreation
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-17-2016, 06:43 AM   #21 (permalink)
Acattin Sane
 
Fluff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: The Black Country
Posts: 8,383
Default

Matildas lose 7-0 to Newcastle Jets under-15s side in Rio Olympics warm-up | Daily Mail Online

Thrashed by a team full of children.
__________________
Fluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 07:29 AM   #22 (permalink)
OQB
 
Ol’ Qwerty Bastard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Frownland
Posts: 8,754
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post
That might be the current case but we both don't know how well an all female team would do against an all male team.

Besides that point to your other post.
US women's team is ranked number 1 in the world while Canada is at 5 and you think Canada's women can do better than their men's team but the US women cant? GTFO
Yes because the Canadian men don't even qualify lol. The US men are more than capable players.I don't really know where else to go with this arguement, there's a reason why sports are seperate. I watch a fair bit of women's football (soccer) and I would hate to see the players either not have a job or just be forced to sit on the bench for a living.
__________________
Music Blog / RYM / Last.fm / Qwertyy's Journal of Music Reviews and Other Assorted Ramblings

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
I'm not even mad. Seriously I'm not. You're a good dude, and I think and hope you'll become something good
Ol’ Qwerty Bastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 07:39 AM   #23 (permalink)
Fck Ths Thngs
 
DwnWthVwls's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: NJ
Posts: 5,542
Default

I like Jansz's point. What sport's would this work in?

I think anything non-contact is perfectly reasonable, but when you get into football/rugby or MMA territory, eh? I mean honestly, if a woman is talented enough to make it onto a pro-male team I think she should have the option, but how realistic is it?

I'd also be interested to see the statistics on the male/female ratios in sports and leagues that do not have restrictions. I know in eSports, female competitors are practically non-existent or form all female teams. Sexism? Perhaps. I'm not fully convinced though.
__________________
I don't got a god complex, you got a simple god...

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
I'd vote for Trump
DwnWthVwls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 07:43 AM   #24 (permalink)
satan in the fire
 
Goofle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Miami is the place
Posts: 11,426
Default

The Men's US Soccer team would beat the Women's team by about 30-0 DJ.

I don't follow Golf enough to know the comparative handicaps for men and women, but it's fair to assume the Men generally hit the ball a lot further, which is a major advantage. As for tennis, I'd guess that pretty much every male pro in the top 200-300 would beat Serena Williams.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
[youtube]NUmCWGPgU7g[/url]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
[youtube]=LtYg1xz1A00[/youbube]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindfulness View Post
2. What was the strangest/best/worst party you ever went to?
Prolly a party I had with some people I know
Goofle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 08:30 AM   #25 (permalink)
OQB
 
Ol’ Qwerty Bastard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Frownland
Posts: 8,754
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man like Monkey View Post
Monkey with the facts.
__________________
Music Blog / RYM / Last.fm / Qwertyy's Journal of Music Reviews and Other Assorted Ramblings

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
I'm not even mad. Seriously I'm not. You're a good dude, and I think and hope you'll become something good
Ol’ Qwerty Bastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 08:31 AM   #26 (permalink)
OQB
 
Ol’ Qwerty Bastard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Frownland
Posts: 8,754
Default

Omg this reminds me of yesterday in Plug where I had to argue with DJ, Bat, and Ki all at the same time because they were trying to tell me eSports should be an olympic sport.
__________________
Music Blog / RYM / Last.fm / Qwertyy's Journal of Music Reviews and Other Assorted Ramblings

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
I'm not even mad. Seriously I'm not. You're a good dude, and I think and hope you'll become something good
Ol’ Qwerty Bastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 08:35 AM   #27 (permalink)
A.B.N.
 
djchameleon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: NY baby
Posts: 11,155
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man like Monkey View Post
Deej they have had success in women's competitions. If you want to make a point about success you need to have the women's team play in the same competition.

Also don't move the goalposts. I don't care about wages and that's not your argument.
Also as I mentioned before, maybe you didn't read my post but you and I both don't know what would be the outcome of all female vs all male match because it hasn't been done yet. The only female vs male match that I can think of off the top of my head was that battle of the sexes tennis match that happened in the 70s? I think

I didn't bring up wages to move goal posts. I was just letting you know what I know about the sport. It wasn't me moving goal posts or using it to create a new argument.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwertyy View Post
Yes because the Canadian men don't even qualify lol. The US men are more than capable players.I don't really know where else to go with this arguement, there's a reason why sports are seperate. I watch a fair bit of women's football (soccer) and I would hate to see the players either not have a job or just be forced to sit on the bench for a living.
I am challenging that so called reason why sports are separate. Why do they need to be seperate in this day and age. They used to be seperate between the races. Black people have taken over basketball and football for the most part and their size advantages of being physical weren't an issue enough to keep the races seperate so why should that argument work for women?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwnWthVwls View Post
I like Jansz's point. What sport's would this work in?

I think anything non-contact is perfectly reasonable, but when you get into football/rugby or MMA territory, eh? I mean honestly, if a woman is talented enough to make it onto a pro-male team I think she should have the option, but how realistic is it?

I'd also be interested to see the statistics on the male/female ratios in sports and leagues that do not have restrictions. I know in eSports, female competitors are practically non-existent or form all female teams. Sexism? Perhaps. I'm not fully convinced though.
Why aren't you convinced that it is sexism? Also the only reason why it isn't realistic is because of people's attitude towards seeing men compete with women. It might not be inherently sexism but there is definitely some outdated cave man thinking at play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofle View Post
The Men's US Soccer team would beat the Women's team by about 30-0 DJ.

I don't follow Golf enough to know the comparative handicaps for men and women, but it's fair to assume the Men generally hit the ball a lot further, which is a major advantage. As for tennis, I'd guess that pretty much every male pro in the top 200-300 would beat Serena Williams.
No ****ing way with your Serena claim. The entirety of your post is BS.
__________________
Fame, fortune, power, titties. People say these are the most crucial things in life, but you can have a pocket full o' gold and it doesn't mean sh*t if you don't have someone to share that gold with. Seems simple. Yet it's an important lesson to learn. Even lone wolves run in packs sometimes.


Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
IMO I don't know jack-**** though so don't listen to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The problem is that most police officers in America are psychopaths.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You're a terrible dictionary.
djchameleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 08:36 AM   #28 (permalink)
A.B.N.
 
djchameleon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: NY baby
Posts: 11,155
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwertyy View Post
Omg this reminds me of yesterday in Plug where I had to argue with DJ, Bat, and Ki all at the same time because they were trying to tell me eSports should be an olympic sport.
I told you I was going to create a thread that was similar to that debate in plug didn't I?

Also Goofle should open back up that thread for us to continue the debate.
__________________
Fame, fortune, power, titties. People say these are the most crucial things in life, but you can have a pocket full o' gold and it doesn't mean sh*t if you don't have someone to share that gold with. Seems simple. Yet it's an important lesson to learn. Even lone wolves run in packs sometimes.


Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
IMO I don't know jack-**** though so don't listen to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The problem is that most police officers in America are psychopaths.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You're a terrible dictionary.
djchameleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 08:44 AM   #29 (permalink)
Former Vulpix
 
Ninetales's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: livin wild
Posts: 2,127
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
I wonder which sport it would matter least in. Golf? Tennis? Baseball?
I don't know about golf/baseball, but I don't think tennis would work. Even Serena wouldn't be anywhere near competitive in mens tourneys (it was a while ago, but she got beaten pretty badly by ~200 rank mens).

And I know for hockey, the womens' Olympic team played all around Canada against local AAA clubs, and did alright - winning record if memory serves me. So that's not bad but that's the best of the best women in the world against non professional teenagers. There has been a woman that made it to the NHL so there's that
Ninetales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 08:49 AM   #30 (permalink)
satan in the fire
 
Goofle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Miami is the place
Posts: 11,426
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post

No ****ing way with your Serena claim. The entirety of your post is BS.
I'm assuming she would have to play the full five sets? Also what else was wrong with my post? 30-0 may be over the top, but it would be an absolute annihilation.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
[youtube]NUmCWGPgU7g[/url]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
[youtube]=LtYg1xz1A00[/youbube]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindfulness View Post
2. What was the strangest/best/worst party you ever went to?
Prolly a party I had with some people I know
Goofle is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.