Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Artists Corner > Talk Instruments
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2009, 06:46 PM   #1 (permalink)
Groupie
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 8
Question I feel dumb but i need help

okay so i have a mic. and i have no flipping clue what type of amp to hook it up to...
annber_taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 06:57 PM   #2 (permalink)
Mate, Spawn & Die
 
Janszoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Posts: 24,038
Default

Normally you'd want to run a mic into a PA head and then out to a pair of PA-type speakers.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by P A N View Post
i'm not gonna spend my life on music banter trying to convince people the earth is flat.
A Night in the Life of the Invisible Man

Time & Place

25 Albums You Should Hear Before the Moon Crashes into the Earth and We All Die


last.fm
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 06:58 PM   #3 (permalink)
Groupie
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 8
Default

okay what do you think that would cost?
annber_taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 07:09 PM   #4 (permalink)
Mate, Spawn & Die
 
Janszoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Posts: 24,038
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by annber_taylor View Post
okay what do you think that would cost?
It's hard to say. If you buy stuff used and don't care much about quality as long as it works you can probably put something together for under $200 American (not sure what country you're in). If you want new, real high quality stuff the sky's the limit as far as price goes. You can easily spend thousands.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by P A N View Post
i'm not gonna spend my life on music banter trying to convince people the earth is flat.
A Night in the Life of the Invisible Man

Time & Place

25 Albums You Should Hear Before the Moon Crashes into the Earth and We All Die


last.fm
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 07:11 PM   #5 (permalink)
Groupie
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 8
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
It's hard to say. If you buy stuff used and don't care much about quality as long as it works you can probably put something together for under $200 American (not sure what country you're in). If you want new, real high quality stuff the sky's the limit as far as price goes. You can easily spend thousands.
(in us) GD!!! talk about costing out the flippin butt!
annber_taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 07:15 PM   #6 (permalink)
Al Dente
 
SATCHMO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Texas
Posts: 4,689
Default

What are your purposes exactly?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord
And if you're getting bored then feel free to go give Eddie Vedder a handjob.
SATCHMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 07:16 PM   #7 (permalink)
Mate, Spawn & Die
 
Janszoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Posts: 24,038
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by annber_taylor View Post
(in us) GD!!! talk about costing out the flippin butt!
The best thing to do if you want to get stuff cheap is keep an eye on places like craigslist and be patient. You never know when you're going to stumble across someone who's moving or something and willing to sell gear really cheap just to get rid of it quicker.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by P A N View Post
i'm not gonna spend my life on music banter trying to convince people the earth is flat.
A Night in the Life of the Invisible Man

Time & Place

25 Albums You Should Hear Before the Moon Crashes into the Earth and We All Die


last.fm
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 07:16 PM   #8 (permalink)
Groupie
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 8
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SATCHMO View Post
What are your purposes exactly?
practice but i want it to sound good and not be you know blah
annber_taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 07:19 PM   #9 (permalink)
Groupie
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 8
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
The best thing to do if you want to get stuff cheap is keep an eye on places like craigslist and be patient. You never know when you're going to stumble across someone who's moving or something and willing to sell gear really cheap just to get rid of it quicker.
i'ld be lucky in this town but i'll keep an eye out...
(i live in Heck city full of red necks)
annber_taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 07:20 PM   #10 (permalink)
Mate, Spawn & Die
 
Janszoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Posts: 24,038
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by annber_taylor View Post
i'ld be lucky in this town but i'll keep an eye out...
(i live in Heck city full of red necks)
Even rednecks have to sell their speakers sometimes.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by P A N View Post
i'm not gonna spend my life on music banter trying to convince people the earth is flat.
A Night in the Life of the Invisible Man

Time & Place

25 Albums You Should Hear Before the Moon Crashes into the Earth and We All Die


last.fm
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.