Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > The Lounge > Current Events, Philosophy, & Religion
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2011, 05:47 PM   #281 (permalink)
Desinigga
 
CHCl3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 216
Default

You can now see Osama's Mansion on google maps.

Osama bin Laden's Compound, Abbottābad, Pakistan - Google Maps
CHCl3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 05:57 PM   #282 (permalink)
Facilitator
 
VEGANGELICA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Where people kill 30 million pigs per year
Posts: 1,859
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBig3 View Post
Well I'm not entirely sure how either of you feel nothing? Either you aren't Americans (certainly not New Yorkers) or you weren't conscious for 9/11. ...

History blurs, but don't forget we didn't ask for this war. He invited it on us, and frankly today stands as a testament to justice. I just can't understand how anyone looks at this and goes "so what?" The guy is responsible for horrible **** for nothing close to a good reason. Its just mind-boggling.
I did feel something today: dismay.

I'm disturbed by the scenes of the bloodthirsty Americans fanatically waving their American flags as they rejoice that a human being has been KILLED.

I feel the U.S. acted unethically in killing Osama Bin Laden and this action lowered the U.S. closer to the level of the terrorists the U.S. hopes to vanquish, since it shows that the U.S., like terrorists, uses killing in a vain attempt to obtain its goals.

Also, no one in the thread has mentioned the unarmed woman, perhaps Bin Laden's wife, whom U.S. forces killed while she was being used as, or was using herself as, a human shield. The U.S. killed this woman as collateral damage.

Perhaps a life doesn't matter? Perhaps it is okay to achieve goals by killing innocent people?

That's what Osama believed, right? And apparently Obama believes this, too, for he proclaimed "justice has been done" now that the U.S. has killed "a terrorist who's responsible for the murder of thousands of innocent men, women and children." Obama To 9/11 Victims: 'Justice Has Been Done' - Osama bin Laden News Story - WCYB Tri Cities

I never think justice is done when someone is killed, no matter how heinous that person's crime, and certainly not when an unarmed woman is killed. Killing Osama Bin Laden and the unarmed, unnamed woman who was there with him is just another atrocity in a long line of atrocities. There is no reason to rejoice, I feel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedestrian View Post
All I'm saying is that I'm saving my celebration for the day the fighting actually stops.
Yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonlitSunshine View Post
[...] it is not a reason for celebration, because there is far too much still to be done, and I don't think Terrorism can ever be defeated by fighting fire with fire.

The day the Western world and the Muslim world reconcile their differences, and start moving forward to a brighter future, together, as parts of a unified whole, then I will celebrate, as that will be a victory worth shouting about.
And yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayfarer View Post
Breaking news! A well-known terrorist organization has killed a terrorist!
Thought-provoking. I agree there is not a clear line between the U.S. and terrorist organizations. One could try to argue that perhaps the U.S. kills fewer innocent people than Osama Bin Laden did...and yet, from what I've read, the U.S. has killed more. This report says "Over one million Iraqi deaths caused by U.S. Occupation":

Quote:
Over one million Iraqis have met violent deaths as a result of the 2003 invasion, according to a study conducted by the prestigious British polling group, Opinion Research Business (ORB).

Interviewers from the Lancet report of October 2006 (Censored 2006, #2) asked Iraqi respondents how their loved ones died. Of deaths for which families were certain of the perpetrator, 56 percent were attributable to US forces or their allies. Schwartz suggests that if a low pro rata share of half the unattributed deaths were caused by US forces, a total of approximately 80 percent of Iraqi deaths are directly US perpetrated. Thousands of patrols result in thousands of innocent Iraqi deaths and unconscionably brutal detentions.

Iraqis’ attempts to escape the violence have resulted in a refugee crisis of mammoth proportion. According to the United Nations Refugee Agency and the International Organization for Migration, in 2007 almost 5 million Iraqis had been displaced by violence in their country, the vast majority of which had fled since 2003.

#1. Over One Million Iraqi Deaths Caused by US Occupation | Project Censored
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neapolitan:
If a chicken was smart enough to be able to speak English and run in a geometric pattern, then I think it should be smart enough to dial 911 (999) before getting the axe, and scream to the operator, "Something must be done! Something must be done!"
VEGANGELICA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 05:57 PM   #283 (permalink)
Partying on the inside
 
Freebase Dali's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 5,162
Default

What, no street view? Pshhhhhhh...
Freebase Dali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 06:27 PM   #284 (permalink)
#based
 
EvilChuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: (Near) London, England
Posts: 439
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHCl3 View Post
You can now see Osama's Mansion on google maps.

Osama bin Laden's Compound, Abbottābad, Pakistan - Google Maps
lol at the descripton on marker b; "Newly vacated, riffraff gone. Floor needs a good cleaning. ..."
__________________
Last.FM
EvilChuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 06:51 PM   #285 (permalink)
I Am Become Death Metal
 
captaincaptain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Stankonia
Posts: 694
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VEGANGELICA View Post

Perhaps a life doesn't matter? Perhaps it is okay to achieve goals by killing innocent people?
Bin Laden and a lot of his cohorts believed the same thing.
captaincaptain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 06:59 PM   #286 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
skaltezon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: hairball cluster
Posts: 325
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VEGANGELICA
I did feel something today: dismay.

I'm disturbed by the scenes of the bloodthirsty Americans fanatically waving their American flags as they rejoice that a human being has been KILLED.

I feel the U.S. acted unethically in killing Osama Bin Laden and this action lowered the U.S. closer to the level of the terrorists the U.S. hopes to vanquish, since it shows that the U.S., like terrorists, uses killing in a vain attempt to obtain its goals.

Also, no one in the thread has mentioned the unarmed woman, perhaps Bin Laden's wife, whom U.S. forces killed while she was being used as, or was using herself as, a human shield. The U.S. killed this woman as collateral damage.

Perhaps a life doesn't matter? Perhaps it is okay to achieve goals by killing innocent people?

That's what Osama believed, right? And apparently Obama believes this, too, for he proclaimed "justice has been done" now that the U.S. has killed "a terrorist who's responsible for the murder of thousands of innocent men, women and children." Obama To 9/11 Victims: 'Justice Has Been Done' - Osama bin Laden News Story - WCYB Tri Cities

I never think justice is done when someone is killed, no matter how heinous that person's crime, and certainly not when an unarmed woman is killed. Killing Osama Bin Laden and the unarmed, unnamed woman who was there with him is just another atrocity in a long line of atrocities. There is no reason to rejoice, I feel.
I feel the same way. A bullet to the head may have been a justifiable conclusion to a gun battle, but it smells like an execution all the same. If the SEALs were able to take away Osama's dead body then it seems they might have taken him alive, which would have been preferable. It's a pity that the woman who was killed received so little notice. Rejoicing in bloodthirsty revenge is the wrong attitude here.


Last edited by skaltezon; 05-02-2011 at 07:18 PM.
skaltezon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 07:10 PM   #287 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: USA
Posts: 992
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VEGANGELICA View Post
I did feel something today: dismay.

I'm disturbed by the scenes of the bloodthirsty Americans fanatically waving their American flags as they rejoice that a human being has been KILLED.

I feel the U.S. acted unethically in killing Osama Bin Laden and this action lowered the U.S. closer to the level of the terrorists the U.S. hopes to vanquish, since it shows that the U.S., like terrorists, uses killing in a vain attempt to obtain its goals.

Also, no one in the thread has mentioned the unarmed woman, perhaps Bin Laden's wife, whom U.S. forces killed while she was being used as, or was using herself as, a human shield. The U.S. killed this woman as collateral damage.

Perhaps a life doesn't matter? Perhaps it is okay to achieve goals by killing innocent people?

That's what Osama believed, right? And apparently Obama believes this, too, for he proclaimed "justice has been done" now that the U.S. has killed "a terrorist who's responsible for the murder of thousands of innocent men, women and children." Obama To 9/11 Victims: 'Justice Has Been Done' - Osama bin Laden News Story - WCYB Tri Cities

I never think justice is done when someone is killed, no matter how heinous that person's crime, and certainly not when an unarmed woman is killed. Killing Osama Bin Laden and the unarmed, unnamed woman who was there with him is just another atrocity in a long line of atrocities. There is no reason to rejoice, I feel.
Thoughts like this just make me shake my head. American forces finally find and take down a mastermind behind the worst attack in U.S. history and you're disgusted by it. I just find that unbelievable. Justice has been served and the world is a better place without this shithead breathing.

Did you not want us to find him? He's incredibly dangerous, you can't just walk up to him like some random criminal and slap the cuffs on him and call it a day. The guy has shown time and time again his pure hatred for this country and everyone who was trying to find him was at risk to be killed or injured. Killing him was the only reasonable option. Yeah, this might have taken longer than people have hoped but I'd much rather have got him 10 years down the line than never at all.
Dirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 09:33 PM   #288 (permalink)
☮ ♥ ♫ ∞
 
Neapolitan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 2,405
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonlitSunshine View Post
The day the Western world and the Muslim world reconcile their differences, and start moving forward to a brighter future, together, as parts of a unified whole, then I will celebrate, as that will be a victory worth shouting about.
The only "unified whole" that some islamist will settle for is a worldwide caliphate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VEGANGELICA View Post
I did feel something today: dismay.

I'm disturbed by the scenes of the bloodthirsty Americans fanatically waving their American flags as they rejoice that a human being has been KILLED. I feel the U.S. acted unethically in killing Osama Bin Laden and this action lowered the U.S. closer to the level of the terrorists the U.S. hopes to vanquish, since it shows that the U.S., like terrorists, uses killing in a vain attempt to obtain its goals.
If one has to look for who really act unethical and look for who is consumed with bloodlust one has to look no further than the man himself, Osama Bin Laden. There were reasons they were looking for him and reasons they took him out - 2,977 reasons. (I can't see it as justice, because nothing can turn back the injustices that took place during 9/11.) It was Osama Bin Laden who acted unethically, he wanted to mount a major spectacular event, and wanted to strike fear in people. He planned a terrorist attack had it carried through al-Qaeda who executed his plans in the terror attacks on innocent victims of 9/11. He claimed responsibility for the attacks. His own actions put him on the Most Wanted Terrorists list. He is to blame for his own death. I see it more as something he brought on himself.
__________________

I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous. - Keith Richards
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 09:52 PM   #289 (permalink)
fingercuffs
 
wolverinewolfweiselpigeon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: North Bay
Posts: 1,705
Send a message via Skype™ to wolverinewolfweiselpigeon
Default

I heard that Osama Bin Laden's death is the cure for cancer.
__________________
Iíll hold my own death as a card in the deck
To be played when there are no other cards left


wolverinewolfweiselpigeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 09:52 PM   #290 (permalink)
pimp daddy
 
Tuna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,613
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by skaltezon View Post
I feel the same way. A bullet to the head may have been a justifiable conclusion to a gun battle, but it smells like an execution all the same. If the SEALs were able to take away Osama's dead body then it seems they might have taken him alive, which would have been preferable. It's a pity that the woman who was killed received so little notice. Rejoicing in bloodthirsty revenge is the wrong attitude here.

I hope you're not pinning that woman's death on the SEALs. Word is they used her as a shield, so I think the blood is on Al Qaeda's hands. Not to mention the fact that she was in the same building as Osama to begin with. Makes me question what kind of person she'd be.
__________________
One tequila, two tequila, three tequila, floor
Tuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2014 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.