Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The MB Reader > Album Reviews
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2007, 08:16 PM   #11 (permalink)
dontcareaboutyou
 
swim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 5,188
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by boo boo View Post
1. He's still wrong.
2. His post was pseudo music critic BS.
He was just posting an opinion. There's no need for a hissy fit when people don't think what you do.


I've honestly never listened to this album I'm going to listen to it night. I like weird things like Ex Models so maybe I'll like this.
__________________
http://nakednaps.bandcamp.com/
swim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 08:36 PM   #12 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
boo boo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Where the buffalo roam.
Posts: 12,137
Default

I don't think you will.

But heres hoping you prove me wrong.
boo boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 02:21 AM   #13 (permalink)
In a very sad sad zoo
 
Moon Pix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: "Out on tour with Smashing Pumpkins, nature kids, they don't have no function"
Posts: 363
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Hatemonger View Post
The thing with pushing boundaries like they were at the time is that every so often you push too far & just end up with a heap of noise.
I saw this interview a while ago with Roger Waters where he said that it actually took a lot of persuading on the bands part to get "Interstellar Overdrive" and "Pow R. Toc H" on the final album because the producer wasnt interested in them, he was more interested in Barrett's pop songs.
__________________
There’s a dream that I see, I pray it can be
Look 'cross the land, shake this land - "Maybe Not", C. Marshall
Moon Pix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 02:30 AM   #14 (permalink)
In a very sad sad zoo
 
Moon Pix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: "Out on tour with Smashing Pumpkins, nature kids, they don't have no function"
Posts: 363
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by boo boo View Post
Their goal at the time was not at all to be accessible.
I don't know about that. Barrett once complained that because of the venues that they played the band were basically thought of as a dance band and not a band to actively listen to. The fact that people were dancing about to Pink Floyd instead of scratching their chin to my mind suggests that they were indeed accessible and that they werent trying to be so arty as to alienate people.
__________________
There’s a dream that I see, I pray it can be
Look 'cross the land, shake this land - "Maybe Not", C. Marshall
Moon Pix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 02:30 AM   #15 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
boo boo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Where the buffalo roam.
Posts: 12,137
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moon Pix View Post
I saw this interview a while ago with Roger Waters where he said that it actually took a lot of persuading on the bands part to get "Interstellar Overdrive" and "Pow R. Toc H" on the final album because the producer wasnt interested in them, he was more interested in Barrett's pop songs.
Producers are usually wrong. They are more concerned with making the album accessible to consumers than fulfilling the artistic aspirations of the musician. Which I think is what a producers job should be.

But sometimes producers have the right idea. Nevermind is one of my favorite albums, and I love Butch Vigs production even though I know that Cobain hated it and wanted to produce a lo-fi, muddy sounding record like all the Indie stuff around that time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moon Pix View Post
I don't know about that. Barrett once complained that because of the venues that they played the band were basically thought of as a dance band and not a band to actively listen to. The fact that people were dancing about to Pink Floyd instead of scratching their chin to my mind suggests that they were indeed accessible and that they werent trying to be so arty as to alienate people.
It was the 60s, the summer of love, everyone was high. They would dance to virtually everything.
boo boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 03:04 AM   #16 (permalink)
In a very sad sad zoo
 
Moon Pix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: "Out on tour with Smashing Pumpkins, nature kids, they don't have no function"
Posts: 363
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by boo boo View Post
It was the 60s, the summer of love, everyone was high. They would dance to virtually everything.
I guess so. Have you ever heard the story about the show they played at the Filmore where Barrett detuned his guitar untill it sounded absolutely awful and just played that. Barret's horrible noise was their show. Wright didnt know what to make of it but he said the audience loved it.

I suppose thats what pot can do to your brain.
__________________
There’s a dream that I see, I pray it can be
Look 'cross the land, shake this land - "Maybe Not", C. Marshall
Moon Pix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 03:28 AM   #17 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
boo boo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Where the buffalo roam.
Posts: 12,137
Default

C'mon. Downtuning is awesome.
boo boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 01:41 PM   #18 (permalink)
Ba and Be.
 
jackhammer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: This Is England
Posts: 17,300
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by boo boo View Post
If you even bothered to read my brief little post. You should know that be the way I phrased it, I only said what wasn't their goal, not what was, nor did I imply that they even had a goal at all.

Christ you are retarded. I don't think you even truly understand what you said, you just copied it from Rob Shefield or somebody because it looks nice on paper.

That being said, no one starts a band without having some kind of motivation.
I.m not going to get into a flaming war, but i am not retarded. You don't know who the **** I am. I disagreed with your post. If you have read some of my previous posts, you will know that my favourite band is Pink Floyd. If someone disagrees with your opinion, you dont call them retarded, because perversely; that's what your retort is and no, I don't understand what I said. English is a completely foreign tongue to me. you have an extremely short fuse and it is'nt the first time you have disagreed with me so vehemently.

We can exchange opinions but calling people retarded is out of order.
__________________

“A cynic by experience, a romantic by inclination and now a hero by necessity.”

Last edited by jackhammer; 06-20-2007 at 01:48 PM.
jackhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 07:52 PM   #19 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
boo boo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Where the buffalo roam.
Posts: 12,137
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackhammer View Post
I.m not going to get into a flaming war, but i am not retarded. You don't know who the **** I am. I disagreed with your post. If you have read some of my previous posts, you will know that my favourite band is Pink Floyd. If someone disagrees with your opinion, you dont call them retarded, because perversely; that's what your retort is and no, I don't understand what I said. English is a completely foreign tongue to me. you have an extremely short fuse and it is'nt the first time you have disagreed with me so vehemently.

We can exchange opinions but calling people retarded is out of order.
Its not that simple. When you call somebodies post "F*cking bullsh*t" unprovoked and make the kind of generalisation about the band that you did like its pure fact. You can't expect that person not to get a little irritated by your attitude.

You response was not nice at all and was uncalled for, and now you're talking down to me a like you're a damn mod?
boo boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 09:16 PM   #20 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: VAN
Posts: 2,530
Default

What the **** is your deal boo boo?
CAPTAIN CAVEMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.