Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > The Lounge > Current Events, Philosophy, & Religion
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2019, 08:35 PM   #18291 (permalink)
Mord
 
Zhanteimi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Tokyo
Posts: 4,855
Default

Neither did she.
__________________
Zhanteimi

LetsTalkMusic
Zhanteimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 08:45 PM   #18292 (permalink)
one-balled nipple jockey
 
OccultHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Dirty Souf Biatch
Posts: 22,033
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dharma & Greg View Post
Hell yes but come on Occult Hawk is a moron we all know this.
That rear still sore, Bacon Butt?
__________________

2016 2017 2018 2019 2020

Member of the Year & Journal of the Year Champion

Behold the Writing of THE LEGEND:

https://www.musicbanter.com/members-...p-lighter.html

OccultHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 08:47 PM   #18293 (permalink)
one-balled nipple jockey
 
OccultHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Dirty Souf Biatch
Posts: 22,033
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhanteimi View Post
Neither did she.
__________________

2016 2017 2018 2019 2020

Member of the Year & Journal of the Year Champion

Behold the Writing of THE LEGEND:

https://www.musicbanter.com/members-...p-lighter.html

OccultHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 08:56 PM   #18294 (permalink)
Willowy Elven Boy
 
elphenor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Joe Meek's Ghost
Posts: 14,219
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anteater View Post
When somewhere in the ballpark of 90% of these scholars place her somewhere between 6 and 10 when she consummated the marriage, I don't think you have much wiggle room.
where are you getting 90% ?

the age range among scholars is actually 6-19

additional questions come in because Aisha was engaged to someone else prior, how old would she have been then?

accounts of her do not paint a picture of an enslaved child but of an assertive charismatic woman who led troops into battle, was 2nd in command behind Mo, and went on to become a very well respected scholar

most of what Westerners think they know about Aisha dates back to the crusades when Christians painted Mo as deviant as opposed to the celibate Jesus
__________________
Just another marketing ploy

Quote:
Are beehives and ant colonies unnatural? Cause they cooperate on a level we could hardly dream of.
elphenor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 09:04 PM   #18295 (permalink)
Willowy Elven Boy
 
elphenor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Joe Meek's Ghost
Posts: 14,219
Default

the age 6 of marriage and then consummation at 9 actually doesn't come from historians it comes from a type of math done with a translation that may or may not be right

similar to the claim that The Bible says the Earth is (less than) 6000 years old
__________________
Just another marketing ploy

Quote:
Are beehives and ant colonies unnatural? Cause they cooperate on a level we could hardly dream of.
elphenor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 09:08 PM   #18296 (permalink)
Cuter Than Post Malone.
 
Lucem Ferre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 4,930
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dharma & Greg View Post
How do I argue with someone being emotional and reactionary? Prejudice isn't a logical position. The logical arguments have been put to him many times in the past and he's brushed them off seemingly without a second thought.
Kind of like what's happening with Catholics. You assume no Catholic questions their pope because it'd be considered blasphemous yet you think it's wrong to assume every Muslim is a women hating, homophobic bigot despite the fact that it's literally part of their doctrine. It's a complete and total double standard. So either you guys are being just as emotional and reactionary as OH or OH isn't being emotional and reactionary at all. In my opinion, it's the former. For the same reason DWV stated. It's okay to hate Catholics because they aren't considered an oppressed minority, though I'd say having your leaders trick and deceive you into getting into your child's booty is kind of oppressive in a way.
__________________
Quote:
Lucem, you're right, it's silly to talk about what I would or wouldn't do IRL. Glad you brought it up. Maybe you should write an instrumental about it. I recommend a piano paired with a clarinet. With ambient sounds of you hanging from your shower curtain you ****ing failure.

Art Is Dead. Buy My ****.
Lucem Ferre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 04:44 AM   #18297 (permalink)
one-balled nipple jockey
 
OccultHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Dirty Souf Biatch
Posts: 22,033
Default

Ex-FBI official: 'Crime may have been committed' by Trump (from @AP) https://apnews.com/5c271f23ec374033b0a1c9f9c3646137

I’ve only been saying this for three years. If Mueller wasn’t a coward Trump would be in prison.
__________________

2016 2017 2018 2019 2020

Member of the Year & Journal of the Year Champion

Behold the Writing of THE LEGEND:

https://www.musicbanter.com/members-...p-lighter.html

OccultHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 05:52 AM   #18298 (permalink)
Zum Henker Defätist!!
 
The Batlord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 46,089
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucem Ferre View Post
Kind of like what's happening with Catholics. You assume no Catholic questions their pope because it'd be considered blasphemous yet you think it's wrong to assume every Muslim is a women hating, homophobic bigot despite the fact that it's literally part of their doctrine. It's a complete and total double standard. So either you guys are being just as emotional and reactionary as OH or OH isn't being emotional and reactionary at all. In my opinion, it's the former. For the same reason DWV stated. It's okay to hate Catholics because they aren't considered an oppressed minority, though I'd say having your leaders trick and deceive you into getting into your child's booty is kind of oppressive in a way.
Sigh. I see you missed where I explained to DWV that I was pointing out the power of the Pope because he is the central authority of the religion and could do much more about pedophile priests than he currently is and since Catholics stay Catholics anyway they are tacitly supporting his inaction. I wasn't saying that all Catholics are drones. Trying reading.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.R.R. Tolkien
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 05:56 AM   #18299 (permalink)
Mord
 
Zhanteimi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Tokyo
Posts: 4,855
Default

I hope I'm not a drone.
__________________
Zhanteimi

LetsTalkMusic
Zhanteimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 08:26 AM   #18300 (permalink)
Ask me how!
 
Oriphiel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: The States
Posts: 5,292
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dharma & Greg View Post
Trying reading.
__________________
----------------------
|---Mic's Albums---|
----------------------
-----------------------------
|---Deafbox Industries---|
-----------------------------
Oriphiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2022 Advameg, Inc.