Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > The Lounge > Current Events, Philosophy, & Religion
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2017, 10:29 PM   #6841 (permalink)
one-balled nipple jockey
 
OccultHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Dirty Souf Biatch
Posts: 11,523
Default

What this phenomenon needs is a catchy name and it just so happens I thought of one:



Acid Slaps
__________________
2017 & 2018 Member of the Year Back2Back

experimental music on Spotify worth checking out

FREAK FIGHTER JOURNAL (Awarded 2018 Journal of the Year)

free jazz 2018 thread

Drone/Ambient Releases of 2018

OccultHawk Reviews Southern States

The government that governs best is the government whose members commit suicide.
OccultHawk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 11:41 PM   #6842 (permalink)
eeXCX
 
Goofle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Miami is the place
Posts: 11,385
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwertyy View Post
until private prisons are eliminated there will always be an issue in the US
State run prisons sound like a great idea. Never been an issue.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
[youtube]NUmCWGPgU7g[/url]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
[youtube]=LtYg1xz1A00[/youbube]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindfulness View Post
2. What was the strangest/best/worst party you ever went to?
Prolly a party I had with some people I know
Goofle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 11:54 PM   #6843 (permalink)
My Sorrow is Luminous
 
elphenor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 9,088
Default

we have states where private prisons are banned

the conditions are often comparable however the issue is the profit motive being introduced leads to higher incarceration rates for longer periods indicating a pretty disgusting conflict of interest and rampant corruption
__________________
Just another marketing ploy

"That's the end of my life. The rest is posthumous."
elphenor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 12:38 AM   #6844 (permalink)
eeXCX
 
Goofle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Miami is the place
Posts: 11,385
Default

The profit motive is the best thing that has ever happened to society. Who's paying these prisons to put more people in jail may I ask?
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
[youtube]NUmCWGPgU7g[/url]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
[youtube]=LtYg1xz1A00[/youbube]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindfulness View Post
2. What was the strangest/best/worst party you ever went to?
Prolly a party I had with some people I know
Goofle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 04:02 AM   #6845 (permalink)
one-balled nipple jockey
 
OccultHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Dirty Souf Biatch
Posts: 11,523
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofle View Post
The profit motive is the best thing that has ever happened to society. Who's paying these prisons to put more people in jail may I ask?
Naturally the same as state and federally run prisons, the tax payer, so there's no advantage there. It's not free market in anyway. The prisons still have a state run monopoly. They call it a capitalist free market system to sell the idea to voters but in practice it's really the worst kind of "communism". Not the nice on paper type of communism that might get lip service from anarco-lefties, but communism as you see it: a state run system incentivized to rule the people while handing power and "profit" to a very select few. These select few present themselves as venture capitalists but in fact they function exactly like government insiders in the most horrifying communist scenarios. The prison wants to house compliant non-violent people because that's the best way to maximize profits. Guilty or not the system is arranged so if you don't plea bargain you risk adding decades to your sentence. So almost everyone pleads out. That's where the public defenders or private lawyers get their cut. They do basically nothing besides run through a formula that determines the plea. Even if the lawyer is honest there's no escaping this system. It's as routine as making Big Macs at McDonald's. More than that, it's actually against the law for them to demand fair sentencing and the defendants and the attorneys will pay if there's any attempt to buck the system. Then the judges get kick backs for streamlining the easiest to manage prisoners to certain institutions. However, once the system becomes established the kick back is called salary and the "privatized" prisons corner the market with sentencing guidelines that the judges are stuck with. You can call it capitalism. You can call it communism. You can call them jails. You can call them gulags. The charge might be a violation of parole or probation (typically driving on a suspension license or pissing dirty) with a resisting arrest tacked on for good measure. Or if it's a communist state it might be a speech violation. Either way you got disenfranchised typically non-violent people being locked away just to fill the space and to exploit slave labor while they're locked up.
__________________
2017 & 2018 Member of the Year Back2Back

experimental music on Spotify worth checking out

FREAK FIGHTER JOURNAL (Awarded 2018 Journal of the Year)

free jazz 2018 thread

Drone/Ambient Releases of 2018

OccultHawk Reviews Southern States

The government that governs best is the government whose members commit suicide.
OccultHawk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 09:06 AM   #6846 (permalink)
Nobody likes my music
 
Trollheart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: In Cognito
Posts: 21,747
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
Naturally the same as state and federally run prisons, the tax payer, so there's no advantage there. It's not free market in anyway. The prisons still have a state run monopoly. They call it a capitalist free market system to sell the idea to voters but in practice it's really the worst kind of "communism". Not the nice on paper type of communism that might get lip service from anarco-lefties, but communism as you see it: a state run system incentivized to rule the people while handing power and "profit" to a very select few. These select few present themselves as venture capitalists but in fact they function exactly like government insiders in the most horrifying communist scenarios. The prison wants to house compliant non-violent people because that's the best way to maximize profits. Guilty or not the system is arranged so if you don't plea bargain you risk adding decades to your sentence. So almost everyone pleads out. That's where the public defenders or private lawyers get their cut. They do basically nothing besides run through a formula that determines the plea. Even if the lawyer is honest there's no escaping this system. It's as routine as making Big Macs at McDonald's. More than that, it's actually against the law for them to demand fair sentencing and the defendants and the attorneys will pay if there's any attempt to buck the system. Then the judges get kick backs for streamlining the easiest to manage prisoners to certain institutions. However, once the system becomes established the kick back is called salary and the "privatized" prisons corner the market with sentencing guidelines that the judges are stuck with. You can call it capitalism. You can call it communism. You can call them jails. You can call them gulags. The charge might be a violation of parole or probation (typically driving on a suspension license or pissing dirty) with a resisting arrest tacked on for good measure. Or if it's a communist state it might be a speech violation. Either way you got disenfranchised typically non-violent people being locked away just to fill the space and to exploit slave labor while they're locked up.
Haysus Kristos! That's got to be the longest post, outside of your journal, that you've made while here! Are you drunk? High?
__________________
Trollheart: Signature-free since April 2018
Trollheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 09:36 AM   #6847 (permalink)
one-balled nipple jockey
 
OccultHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Dirty Souf Biatch
Posts: 11,523
Default

I've been high as **** for almost a week. I'm sick of it to be honest.
__________________
2017 & 2018 Member of the Year Back2Back

experimental music on Spotify worth checking out

FREAK FIGHTER JOURNAL (Awarded 2018 Journal of the Year)

free jazz 2018 thread

Drone/Ambient Releases of 2018

OccultHawk Reviews Southern States

The government that governs best is the government whose members commit suicide.
OccultHawk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 09:45 AM   #6848 (permalink)
My Sorrow is Luminous
 
elphenor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 9,088
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofle View Post
The profit motive is the best thing that has ever happened to society. Who's paying these prisons to put more people in jail may I ask?
cmon now, set your religion aside for a second, the profit motive is efficient but it's morally bankrupt and so doesn't work for all things

in the case of private prisons, prisons make money based on how many people they incarcerate this led to corruption such as the Kids for Cash scandal

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kids_for_cash_scandal

and where there's smoke there's fire, states began to ban private prisons because of this obvious conflict of interest
__________________
Just another marketing ploy

"That's the end of my life. The rest is posthumous."
elphenor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 09:51 AM   #6849 (permalink)
one-balled nipple jockey
 
OccultHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Dirty Souf Biatch
Posts: 11,523
Default

elph

I'm not even gonna lie. I was hoping you might have some props for my analysis.
__________________
2017 & 2018 Member of the Year Back2Back

experimental music on Spotify worth checking out

FREAK FIGHTER JOURNAL (Awarded 2018 Journal of the Year)

free jazz 2018 thread

Drone/Ambient Releases of 2018

OccultHawk Reviews Southern States

The government that governs best is the government whose members commit suicide.
OccultHawk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 09:52 AM   #6850 (permalink)
My Sorrow is Luminous
 
elphenor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 9,088
Default

yo you want me to read

All that ****

by Occulthawk
__________________
Just another marketing ploy

"That's the end of my life. The rest is posthumous."
elphenor is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.