Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > The Lounge > Current Events, Philosophy, & Religion
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2013, 10:12 AM   #131 (permalink)
Mate, Spawn & Die
 
Janszoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Posts: 24,026
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Hat€monger ? View Post
Will someone explain to me what the hell native Americans have got to do with the London tube system.
Thanks.
The better question is: what it HHBH doing posting in a thread with the word "racist" in the title?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by P A N View Post
i'm not gonna spend my life on music banter trying to convince people the earth is flat.
A Night in the Life of the Invisible Man

Time & Place

25 Albums You Should Hear Before the Moon Crashes into the Earth and We All Die


last.fm
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 10:16 AM   #132 (permalink)
The Sexual Intellectual
 
Urban Hat€monger ?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Somewhere cooler than you
Posts: 18,449
Default

At least he's not posting in the sex thread boring us about what an awesome fuck he is every other 5 minutes.
__________________



Urb's RYM Stuff

Most people sell their soul to the devil, but the devil sells his soul to Nick Cave.
Urban Hat€monger ? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 10:21 AM   #133 (permalink)
Who wants this dick?
 
Dharma & Greg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 36,599
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Hat€monger ? View Post
Will someone explain to me what the hell native Americans have got to do with the London tube system.
Thanks.
It's just how the conversation has developed. It's not like some chick getting punched in the subway is that interesting anyway, so why not just let the discussion ride out?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvin & Hobbes
To evaluate my character my immediate pleasure is being pitted against my future greed!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The Batlord is amazing man. He loves some fine woman and he gets horny easily. What is better than that.
Dharma & Greg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 10:42 AM   #134 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
hip hop bunny hop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,367
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
So because of that, the Native Americans haven't been pushed off their land and put on reservations? They haven't had the vast majority of their populations decimated? The US didn't engage in a policy of Manifest Destiny which left the Native Americans in a butt fucked situation?
Again, there was no "Native American" land. Let us use the Black Hills as an example; the Sioux wrested the control of the Black Hills from the Crow in the 18th century. A century later, the U.S. Government wrested control from the Sioux. I've yet to hear a compelling explanation as to why the U.S. Government taking conquering Tribe X's land is different from Tribe X taking Tribe Y's land.

Secondly, the majority of tribal deaths which occurred as a result of the spread of infectious disease. I'm confused as to how or why this should be viewed as culpability on the part of the U.S. Government or the European diaspora in North America.

Now, regarding the notion Indians were "put on reservations", could you please expand on this? It seems you're implying that reservations acted like a medieval ghetto, but I'd rather not guess.

In regards to your last sentence, although Manifest Destiny was never Government policy, you seem to be implying that had the United States government not expanded Westward, the current situation the tribes find themselves in would be dramatically different.



The above is a map of North America and it's relevant relationships to European powers in the eighteenth century. Had the U.S. not expanded Westward, is it reasonable to presume these European powers would've treated the tribes markedly different? Is that a reasonable assumption to make? What historical experience with European colonialism elsewhere in the world leads you to believe that?
__________________
Have mercy on the poor.
hip hop bunny hop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 11:09 AM   #135 (permalink)
Mate, Spawn & Die
 
Janszoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Posts: 24,026
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hip hop bunny hop View Post
Again, there was no "Native American" land. Let us use the Black Hills as an example; the Sioux wrested the control of the Black Hills from the Crow in the 18th century. A century later, the U.S. Government wrested control from the Sioux. I've yet to hear a compelling explanation as to why the U.S. Government taking conquering Tribe X's land is different from Tribe X taking Tribe Y's land.

Secondly, the majority of tribal deaths which occurred as a result of the spread of infectious disease. I'm confused as to how or why this should be viewed as culpability on the part of the U.S. Government or the European diaspora in North America.

Now, regarding the notion Indians were "put on reservations", could you please expand on this? It seems you're implying that reservations acted like a medieval ghetto, but I'd rather not guess.

In regards to your last sentence, although Manifest Destiny was never Government policy, you seem to be implying that had the United States government not expanded Westward, the current situation the tribes find themselves in would be dramatically different.



The above is a map of North America and it's relevant relationships to European powers in the eighteenth century. Had the U.S. not expanded Westward, is it reasonable to presume these European powers would've treated the tribes markedly different? Is that a reasonable assumption to make? What historical experience with European colonialism elsewhere in the world leads you to believe that?
Wow, that's a whole lot of missing the point right there.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by P A N View Post
i'm not gonna spend my life on music banter trying to convince people the earth is flat.
A Night in the Life of the Invisible Man

Time & Place

25 Albums You Should Hear Before the Moon Crashes into the Earth and We All Die


last.fm
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 10:27 PM   #136 (permalink)
Registered Jimmy Rustler
 
Dr_Rez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 5,187
Default

__________________
*Best chance of losing virginity is in prison crew*
*Always Checks Credentials Crew*
*nba > nfl crew*
*Shave one of my legs to pretend its a girl in my bed crew*
*Flakes on Dates to go Hoop crew*

Power: Yamaha Rx-v363
Speakers:2 Boston Acoustics A100's, 2 Pioneer HPM-60's
Headphones: Audio Technica M50, Sony MDR-XB500
Dr_Rez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 01:56 PM   #137 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 109
Default

Manchester, England. This should never have come to pass in England. All of these scummy moslams should be ethnically cleansed out of England as soon as possible.

__________________
Richard: Mitch Ryder & the Detroit Wheels?

Barry: NO!! ....the Righteous Brothers.

Richard: Well, never mind.

Barry: No, not never mind. You tell me right now. What's wrong with the Righteous Brothers?

Richard: Nothing, I just prefer the other....

Barry: BULLCRAP!!!

Rob: How can it be "bullcrap" to state a preference????
Ilistentomusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 02:27 PM   #138 (permalink)
Fck Ths Thngs
 
DwnWthVwls's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: NJ
Posts: 5,185
Default

I don't see them doing anything wrong. Maybe you need to be cleansed.
__________________
I don't got a god complex, you got a simple god...
DwnWthVwls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 02:29 PM   #139 (permalink)
Who wants this dick?
 
Dharma & Greg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 36,599
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilistentomusic View Post
Manchester, England. This should never have come to pass in England. All of these scummy moslams should be ethnically cleansed out of England as soon as possible.

I just looked at this guy's post count, naturally assuming him to be some n00b who was about to be run out of MB just as soon as he got here, but imagine my surprise to find that he has over a hundred posts under his belt and has been a member since 2010. How has he made it past the douchebag filter so long?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvin & Hobbes
To evaluate my character my immediate pleasure is being pitted against my future greed!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The Batlord is amazing man. He loves some fine woman and he gets horny easily. What is better than that.
Dharma & Greg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 05:24 PM   #140 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
William_the_Bloody's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Sunnydale Cemetary
Posts: 2,093
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilistentomusic View Post
Manchester, England. This should never have come to pass in England. All of these scummy moslams should be ethnically cleansed out of England as soon as possible.

Shop at Fascists R US much? No one wants to hear your intolerant bigotry hear, save it for your next EDL rally.
William_the_Bloody is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.