Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > The Lounge > Current Events, Philosophy, & Religion
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2013, 01:26 PM   #121 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
hip hop bunny hop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,367
Default

Soldier, your slander aside, I've already discussed, in this very thread, how Arabs are White, so...

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Wilkes Booth View Post
That's not the point. He's accusing people who call those laws backward or misogynist of racism. If they were laws in a western country, people would have no qualms about saying that about them. But because they're part of another culture suddenly it's not misogynist to charge women for their own rape, and to say that it is would be a suggestion of racial superiority? That's the same kind of hypersensitivity he was accusing western liberals of.
Misogyny is not an absolute; it's a byproduct of a particular cultures view of the different sexes. Hence whether or not it's appropriate to call something misogynistic is dependent upon the cultural context.

The behavior being exhibited here is racist. Why is it racist? Because it's ethnocentric.
__________________
Have mercy on the poor.
hip hop bunny hop is offline  
Old 08-01-2013, 02:40 PM   #122 (permalink)
Horribly Creative
 
Unknown Soldier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: London, The Big Smoke
Posts: 8,220
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hip hop bunny hop View Post
Soldier, your slander aside, I've already discussed, in this very thread, how Arabs are White, so...
How can it be slander, when you've constantly implied before that individual races shouldn't mix and the superiority of your race and culture over others?

I've not seen where you've discussed this about Arabs and sure a percentage of Arabs are white, but the majority are certainly not.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by eraser.time206 View Post
If you can't deal with the fact that there are 6+ billion people in the world and none of them think exactly the same that's not my problem. Just deal with it yourself or make actual conversation. This isn't a court and I'm not some poet or prophet that needs everything I say to be analytically critiqued.
Metal Wars

Power Metal

Pounding Decibels- A Hard and Heavy History

Last edited by Unknown Soldier; 08-01-2013 at 03:22 PM.
Unknown Soldier is offline  
Old 08-01-2013, 02:47 PM   #123 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: The Eyrie, Vale of Arryn, Westeros
Posts: 2,999
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hip hop bunny hop View Post
Soldier, your slander aside, I've already discussed, in this very thread, how Arabs are White, so...



Misogyny is not an absolute; it's a byproduct of a particular cultures view of the different sexes. Hence whether or not it's appropriate to call something misogynistic is dependent upon the cultural context.

The behavior being exhibited here is racist. Why is it racist? Because it's ethnocentric.
I disagree that it can't be called misogynistic, however clearly if you're calling attention to misogyny in cultures unlike your own and not even caring about the misogyny in your own culture you're yeah....probably a racist. I say that it can still be called misogynistic because misogynistic behaviour is still misogynistic behaviour (this part isn't to you hhbh) and painting a whole culture with the misogyny brush....you guessed it....makes you a fucking racist.

If I were to say "all Christians are homophobic, racist, sexist pigs" then everyone would be all "omgggg not all of us hate u gays/womenetc"

I mean especially to treat Muslims as if they're all backwards witless cretins is so laughably ignorant of history that it makes me want to punch myself in the face w/ secondhand embarrassment.
Lets remember Christian nations are actually the least civilised in a lot of ways.
Sansa Stark is offline  
Old 08-01-2013, 02:52 PM   #124 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: The Eyrie, Vale of Arryn, Westeros
Posts: 2,999
Default

For example, how come there was no thread about what happened in Steubenville?
Sansa Stark is offline  
Old 08-01-2013, 03:04 PM   #125 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 2,016
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hip hop bunny hop View Post
Soldier, your slander aside, I've already discussed, in this very thread, how Arabs are White, so...



Misogyny is not an absolute; it's a byproduct of a particular cultures view of the different sexes. Hence whether or not it's appropriate to call something misogynistic is dependent upon the cultural context.

The behavior being exhibited here is racist. Why is it racist? Because it's ethnocentric.
Then misogyny must be defined as hatred/discrimination towards western women by western men. In that case, it's not so much 'wrong' as it is a matter of poor manners based on a particular cultural context.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sansa Stark View Post
I disagree that it can't be called misogynistic, however clearly if you're calling attention to misogyny in cultures unlike your own and not even caring about the misogyny in your own culture you're yeah....probably a racist. I say that it can still be called misogynistic because misogynistic behaviour is still misogynistic behaviour (this part isn't to you hhbh) and painting a whole culture with the misogyny brush....you guessed it....makes you a fucking racist.

If I were to say "all Christians are homophobic, racist, sexist pigs" then everyone would be all "omgggg not all of us hate u gays/womenetc"

I mean especially to treat Muslims as if they're all backwards witless cretins is so laughably ignorant of history that it makes me want to punch myself in the face w/ secondhand embarrassment.
Lets remember Christian nations are actually the least civilised in a lot of ways.
But nobody is saying that all Muslims are misogynists. If you were to say Christianity has problem with homophobia I wouldn't disagree with you. It's no different to point out that Muslim countries tend to have sexist laws.
John Wilkes Booth is offline  
Old 08-01-2013, 03:08 PM   #126 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: The Eyrie, Vale of Arryn, Westeros
Posts: 2,999
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Wilkes Booth View Post
Then misogyny must be defined as hatred/discrimination towards western women by western men. In that case, it's not so much 'wrong' as it is a matter of poor manners based on a particular cultural context.

But nobody is saying that all Muslims are misogynists. If you were to say Christianity has problem with homophobia I wouldn't disagree with you. It's no different to point out the Muslim countries tend to have sexist laws.
Except Muslims tend to be not white, so if you're not equally as concerned about the misogyny in your own country then

....

wait for it...

Sansa Stark is offline  
Old 08-01-2013, 03:09 PM   #127 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 2,016
Default

So what?
John Wilkes Booth is offline  
Old 08-01-2013, 03:09 PM   #128 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: The Eyrie, Vale of Arryn, Westeros
Posts: 2,999
Default

Sansa Stark is offline  
Old 08-01-2013, 03:13 PM   #129 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: freely swimmin thru the waters of glory much like a majestic bald eagle soars thru the skies
Posts: 1,385
Default

i dont really think anything going on here is racist lol

like i think we can have opinions on different countries or cultures and its not necessarily racist
butthead aka 216 is offline  
Old 08-01-2013, 03:13 PM   #130 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 2,016
Default

My response was to "Muslims tend not to be white," before you edited in the rest.

I'm concerned with sexism in my own country, but the scale of how sexist it is factors in too. If this sort of thing happened in America then I would be more concerned about that than I am about this.
John Wilkes Booth is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.