Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > The Lounge > Current Events, Philosophy, & Religion
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

View Poll Results: Yay or Nay?
Yes. 2 12.50%
No. 14 87.50%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2014, 10:04 PM   #21 (permalink)
GuD
Dude... What?
 
GuD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 1,217
Default

I was just about to make that very point. Dammit.
__________________
I spit bullets in my feet
Every time I speak
So I write instead
And still people want me dead
~msc
GuD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 10:08 PM   #22 (permalink)
Fck Ths Thngs
 
DwnWthVwls's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: NJ
Posts: 5,258
Default

I win.
__________________
I don't got a god complex, you got a simple god...
DwnWthVwls is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 10:18 PM   #23 (permalink)
subscribe to pewdiepie
 
Dharma & Greg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 36,758
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhateverDude View Post
Yep.

I don't place a lot of value on greatness. But that's just me. There are a lot of "great" things in the world that I could very easily do without. Frankly I'd probably be happier as a hunter gatherer. Doesn't that sound awesome? Just living in nature. Sleeping in tents. Playing in drum circles. Sounds a lot better than having to fake a personality just to get ahead in life and have a decent job.
And what if we're not just talking about some vague idea of greatness? What if, unfortunate necessity of unfairness to "inferior" races aside, we might also be talking about a superior civilization in general. An eventual end to war that might be impossible with more unevolved, immoral, violent races having influence on society. Less crime. Moral and cultural evolution that would far outpace our own. Etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwnWthVwls View Post
Just wondering.. If everyone was a perfect human being who would do the jobs currently held by the idiots?

I think there is enough evidence in nature to claim that variety is essential to function.
Stratified society with the untermensch at the bottom. Of course, in this scenario it would probably be necessary to remove them from the general population, seeing as how interbreeding would be inevitable if they were to remain. But even within the "superior" races you'd still have less capable individuals, even if the general level of competence would be higher, so you could still have burger flippers. They would just be perhaps overqualified burger flippers.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvin & Hobbes
To evaluate my character my immediate pleasure is being pitted against my future greed!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The Batlord is amazing man. He loves some fine woman and he gets horny easily. What is better than that.
Dharma & Greg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 10:24 PM   #24 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 2,016
Default

i say if they were really all that superior they'd make robots to do the **** jobs... freeing up more ubermensch for more creative nazi activities
John Wilkes Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 10:28 PM   #25 (permalink)
GuD
Dude... What?
 
GuD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 1,217
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
And what if we're not just talking about some vague idea of greatness? What if, unfortunate necessity of unfairness to "inferior" races aside, we might also be talking about a superior civilization in general. An eventual end to war that might be impossible with more unevolved, immoral, violent races having influence on society. Less crime. Moral and cultural evolution that would far outpace our own. Etc.
That's an extreme difference. I mean, if an entire group of people are genetically predisposed towards violence to the point of being the motivation behind war then... idk. Is that really even possible? The motivation for war is usually more about struggles for power than it is violence. As far as races immorality goes, that's a really broad and subjective thing to tackle. I mean what are we talking here, how far are we going? That a race of people are literally predisposed to steal? Be murderers? Sexual offenders? It's all really strange to consider because as far as we know, none of those things are genetically related. In fact, we're pretty certain they're not.



Quote:
Stratified society with the untermensch at the bottom. Of course, in this scenario it would probably be necessary to remove them from the general population, seeing as how interbreeding would be inevitable if they were to remain. But even within the "superior" races you'd still have less capable individuals, even if the general level of competence would be higher, so you could still have burger flippers. They would just be perhaps overqualified burger flippers.
At some point I'm sure that would all become moot and someone would have just invented machines that could do a lot of those things. I mean, with burger flipping and the like it's kind of surprising fast food chains haven't done so already. It's totally possible with today's technology.
__________________
I spit bullets in my feet
Every time I speak
So I write instead
And still people want me dead
~msc
GuD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 10:29 PM   #26 (permalink)
not really
 
Sparky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 5,218
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwnWthVwls View Post
]

I think there is enough evidence in nature to claim that variety is essential to function.
yeah

this thread pertains to the eugenics movement. Nothing to be gained from limiting the gene pool
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 10:34 PM   #27 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 2,016
Default

yes the hypothetical science in the thread is fake. that's part of the premise...
John Wilkes Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 10:51 PM   #28 (permalink)
subscribe to pewdiepie
 
Dharma & Greg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 36,758
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhateverDude View Post
That's an extreme difference. I mean, if an entire group of people are genetically predisposed towards violence to the point of being the motivation behind war then... idk. Is that really even possible? The motivation for war is usually more about struggles for power than it is violence. As far as races immorality goes, that's a really broad and subjective thing to tackle. I mean what are we talking here, how far are we going? That a race of people are literally predisposed to steal? Be murderers? Sexual offenders? It's all really strange to consider because as far as we know, none of those things are genetically related. In fact, we're pretty certain they're not.
Like I said, I'm not totally up on Nazi propaganda, but I think they did go that far in describing "lesser" races. How exactly this was supposed to manifest I'm not sure. My impressions were that they considered blacks to just be inferior in a monkey kind of way, along with being predisposed towards being criminals, whereas Jews were perhaps not mentally inferior as just morally corrupt and manipulative.

Another thing that's occurred to me is that while it sounds logical that forced sterilization or segregation would be more humane than genocide, if all of the problem races were to be eliminated then it would be over and done with and the rest of humanity wouldn't have to deal with it anymore. Whereas if they were kept oppressed it would be a continual injustice that would last in perpetuity, being a moral blight on the entire human race that would likely have a negative impact on our culture. Or one generation could take the hit and do "what needed to be done", and then their children and grand children would have the luxury of condemning them for their fanatic cruelty while living in a world free of this choice.

It would also limit the cruelty done to the victim races, seeing as the generations that would have been kept oppressed wouldn't have even been born to be oppressed. Again, Devil's Advocate. Don't throw things at me.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvin & Hobbes
To evaluate my character my immediate pleasure is being pitted against my future greed!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The Batlord is amazing man. He loves some fine woman and he gets horny easily. What is better than that.
Dharma & Greg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 11:02 PM   #29 (permalink)
GuD
Dude... What?
 
GuD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 1,217
Default

I get you, I know you're not genuinely advocating anything. I can't say I've read Mein Kampf or that I am familiar with the roots of Nazi's bigotry either. But if what you're describing was believed to be genetic then it's just silly to really consider because that's literally impossible. This all reminds me of a really great documentary I should post about in the media forums - Guns, Germs, and Steel. It's some pretty dense stuff. Basically it goes in depth into how white people managed to become more powerful than everyone else. Really a fascinating documentary that I should watch again when I'm actually sober. The jist is that people who migrated from Africa to parts of the world where they'd eventually become white faced different challenges and had to adapt differently than those who stayed or move elsewhere. Those differences in lifestyle basically ended up contributing to the conveniences we have today- such as more advanced shelter. You didn't really need brick houses and such in most of Africa but parts of Europe it was completely necessary to survival. And so their lifestyles changed- they became more sedentary and developed agriculture and stuff. I'm really paraphrasing here and probably got a lot wrong but that's the jist and I have no idea why I'm continuing to go on about this.

Edit: right, so, tying it into the discussion. It wasn't genetics that lead white people to have what Nazis believed to be superior lifestyles, it was environment. Their ancestors had completely different lives than people of more thoroughly African descent and that's what made the difference in cultures, not genetics..
__________________
I spit bullets in my feet
Every time I speak
So I write instead
And still people want me dead
~msc

Last edited by GuD; 07-18-2014 at 11:20 PM.
GuD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 11:04 PM   #30 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 2,016
Default

forced sterilization wouldn't have that perpetual problem. it would just mean a delay of say 60 years or so before you're finally rid of das juden
John Wilkes Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.