Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > The Lounge > Current Events, Philosophy, & Religion
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

View Poll Results: Yay or Nay?
Yes. 2 12.50%
No. 14 87.50%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2014, 11:09 PM   #31 (permalink)
GuD
Dude... What?
 
GuD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 1,217
Default

Completely unrelated-

this is why you don't smoke weed and drink alcohol every day in high school if you wanna be able to make sense in an intelligent conversation.
__________________
I spit bullets in my feet
Every time I speak
So I write instead
And still people want me dead
~msc
GuD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 11:53 PM   #32 (permalink)
WWWP f*cks dogs
 
Doug McClasky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 38,520
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhateverDude View Post
I get you, I know you're not genuinely advocating anything. I can't say I've read Mein Kampf or that I am familiar with the roots of Nazi's bigotry either. But if what you're describing was believed to be genetic then it's just silly to really consider because that's literally impossible.
From what I've been able to gather it's a collective subconscious thing that's tied to blood. Nazis actually believed in Odin. Not necessarily as an actual god, or at least I don't think so, but more as a kind of spirit of the German people, who was the distillation of all the desirable traits of the Aryan race. Whether this was a magical, metaphysical spirit or a metaphorical one I'm not entirely sure though. Supposedly, at certain times, the spirit of the gods could actually possess the German people, to sort of elevate them to their full potential, which is how they saw the Third Reich, a time when Odin was possessing Germany to raise it to the place that was its birthright. So I guess a combination of genetics and mysticism.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Wilkes Booth View Post
forced sterilization wouldn't have that perpetual problem. it would just mean a delay of say 60 years or so before you're finally rid of das juden
Fair point. I have to wonder why the Nazis didn't just go with that. Were they worried that they wouldn't have time to do it before they lost the war, and they just wanted to kill as many of the untermensch as possible or something?
__________________
BRING ME THE HORIZON >>>> CHARLES MINGUS
i
Doug McClasky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 12:00 AM   #33 (permalink)
Music Guru
 
John Wilkes Booth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 2,016
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
Fair point. I have to wonder why the Nazis didn't just go with that. Were they worried that they wouldn't have time to do it before they lost the war, and they just wanted to kill as many of the untermensch as possible or something?
they might have ultimately taken this route if they won the war... who knows. initially there were all sorts of plans to force the jews to emigrate to madagascar or eastern europe and to condemn them to a sort of state slavery. later in the war when the soviets began to drive them back and it became apparent they were going to lose they started killing off as many as they could as quickly as they could.

ultimately had they won their empire there would have been quite a few other groups that would have to go as well - poles, ukranians, belarussians, slavs, etc.
__________________
Sic semper tyrannis
John Wilkes Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 02:51 AM   #34 (permalink)
Still sends his reguards.
 
bob.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Trying to get out of the cat town....
Posts: 5,002
Default

i'm sorry but this is just not true

the extermination camps first started in 1939....the eastern front did not start till 1941

this obviously does not include the mass shootings and the vans they used to kill children and women with
bob. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 08:15 AM   #35 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Neff Anselmo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 51
Default

No. Of course not. I disagree with all that "Supreme Race" crap. It's stupid.
Neff Anselmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 01:21 PM   #36 (permalink)
WWWP f*cks dogs
 
Doug McClasky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 38,520
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neff Anselmo View Post
No. Of course not. I disagree with all that "Supreme Race" crap. It's stupid.
Well the entire point of this thread is to assume that it isn't stupid just for the sake of argument.
__________________
BRING ME THE HORIZON >>>> CHARLES MINGUS
i
Doug McClasky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 02:03 PM   #37 (permalink)
David Hasselhoff
 
Paul Smeenus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Back in Portland, OR
Posts: 3,162
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
Well the entire point of this thread is to assume that it isn't stupid just for the sake of argument.

OK, for the sake of an argument let's assume I'm sexy...
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by grindy View Post
Basically you're David Hasselhoff.
Gentle Giant Catalog Review

The entire Ditty Bops catalog reviewed
Paul Smeenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 02:14 PM   #38 (permalink)
WWWP f*cks dogs
 
Doug McClasky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 38,520
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Smeenus View Post
OK, for the sake of an argument let's assume I'm sexy...
That wouldn't really call any of your moral beliefs into question now would it? Mine perhaps, but not yours. The whole point of this thread is basically another way of putting the old moral question, if you're trying to feed your starving family is it okay to steal? Is it justified to perform immoral actions for a greater good? It's actually a more interesting question to me, since there's a romantic, Robin Hood quality to stealing for the benefit of others that kind of gets in the way of the actual moral question, whereas there's not really much romanticism with genocide or forced sterilization.
__________________
BRING ME THE HORIZON >>>> CHARLES MINGUS
i
Doug McClasky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 02:24 PM   #39 (permalink)
David Hasselhoff
 
Paul Smeenus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Back in Portland, OR
Posts: 3,162
Default

It wasn't so much about morality as plausibility
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by grindy View Post
Basically you're David Hasselhoff.
Gentle Giant Catalog Review

The entire Ditty Bops catalog reviewed
Paul Smeenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 02:29 PM   #40 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
skyline's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 67
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Smeenus View Post
It wasn't so much about morality as plausibility
But it is plausible, I mean it did happen. people did actually belive this stuff and some still do.
skyline is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.