Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > The Lounge > Current Events, Philosophy, & Religion
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2016, 05:18 PM   #261 (permalink)
kibbeh
 
pansy gayboy 69's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: nowhere
Posts: 649
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mordwyr View Post
Ok, fine. Sharia then.
but even then.... why are you saying law in arabic? are you not speaking english? you still haven't specified what law you are talking about. in arabic we say al sharia al islamiya. islamic law. what you call sharia law we call islamic law. because sharia law is law law. no such thing as law law. capish?
pansy gayboy 69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 05:19 PM   #262 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Tokyo
Posts: 4,598
Default

Islamic law, where the Qur'an replaces the law of the land (like the sharia courts in Britain).
Zhanteimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 05:19 PM   #263 (permalink)
kibbeh
 
pansy gayboy 69's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: nowhere
Posts: 649
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mordwyr View Post
I'm not afraid of it. I live in a country that will never have it. You, however, don't.
well at least you're not one of those people who thinks muslims are trying to take over your country and islamisize it up
pansy gayboy 69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 05:20 PM   #264 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Tokyo
Posts: 4,598
Default

True. Because the Japanese won't let you.
Zhanteimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 05:21 PM   #265 (permalink)
kibbeh
 
pansy gayboy 69's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: nowhere
Posts: 649
Default

i remember showing this video to my parents a while ago, we were laughing so much at how paranoid this guy sounds

pansy gayboy 69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 05:27 PM   #266 (permalink)
The Grammer King
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Atop of the Throne
Posts: 29,732
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mordwyr View Post
I'm not afraid of it. I live in a country that will never have it. You, however, don't.
Lmao you're the funniest member here bro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mordwyr View Post
I just answered it by using your own word. Something enforced upon you isn't democratic. Something not voted for.
So...every law that exists and has existed is undemocratic.

With it being enforced (oh no!) on Muslims only, that means that the people who live by its standards are those who already know what they're in for.

So let me know when you find a good answer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mordwyr View Post
Islamic law, where the Qur'an replaces the law of the land (like the sharia courts in Britain).
Tsk tsk and you call yourself educated?
Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 07:28 PM   #267 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
William_the_Bloody's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Sunnydale Cemetary
Posts: 2,093
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnight rain View Post
This post needs re-posting, nice level-headed perspective.
Thanks you might not like my next analysis though, I was pro EU because it makes the most economic sense in the long run, and I admit I was actually floored that Brexit won, but it has now confirmed something I have felt for a long time....

Politics is not longer about left versus right, it's about nationalism versus multi nationalism, and the UK has just delivered the first counter blow.

Up until Jeremy Corbyn was elected head of the labour party, you pretty much had similar policies between Labour and the Conservatives on free trade, immigration & the EU, and then along comes Boris Johnson and Nigel Farage, and boom! the UK's out.

Cameron is the first casualty of this counter movement, and while before I thought that the likely hood of a Trump Presidency would be slim, it is possible Hillary could be the second.
William_the_Bloody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 08:30 PM   #268 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
DeadChannel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,258
Default

Quote:
Politics is not longer about left versus right, it's about nationalism versus multi nationalism, and the UK has just delivered the first counter blow.
Eh... I don't know about that. Trump has focused on it because, face it, yelling about immigration and terrorism and such-like is exciting and news worthy, but that doesn't mean that it even comes close to encapsulating all of the policies that it takes to build an administration.

Nationaism vs. Anti-Nationalism doesn't account for universal healthcare or gay marriage. It doesn't handle police brutality or taxation. Nor does it encapsulate gun control or free speech.

Now, left vs right can't conceptualize these thing all that well either on its own -- I doubt anything could --, but that doesn't mean it's not a useful paradime. Plus, it mostly seems like the people who argue against it do so because the comparaison isn't particularly flattering of their position.

Disclaimer: By left vs. right, I don't mean American two party politics, which is bad and should feel bad.
__________________
Subscribe to my short film channel or I'll come to your house and **** in places that will leave you confused for the rest of your life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Butlord View Post
You don't like girl pop or grindcore?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
I like how I can masturbate in my room without my roommate noticing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pet_Sounds View Post
He probably thinks you're working on the new album.
DeadChannel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 08:51 PM   #269 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
William_the_Bloody's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Sunnydale Cemetary
Posts: 2,093
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadChannel View Post
Eh... I don't know about that. Trump has focused on it because, face it, yelling about immigration and terrorism and such-like is exciting and news worthy, but that doesn't mean that it even comes close to encapsulating all of the policies that it takes to build an administration.

Nationaism vs. Anti-Nationalism doesn't account for universal healthcare or gay marriage. It doesn't handle police brutality or taxation. Nor does it encapsulate gun control or free speech.

Now, left vs right can't conceptualize these thing all that well either on its own -- I doubt anything could --, but that doesn't mean it's not a useful paradime. Plus, it mostly seems like the people who argue against it do so because the comparaison isn't particularly flattering of their position.

Disclaimer: By left vs. right, I don't mean American two party politics, which is bad and should feel bad.
I disagree Trump is popular because he's playing the nationalist card, if he came in with the same policies as Jeb Bush and Rubio I doubt he would be hear today.

The UK referendum and populist parties growing throughout Europe and North America are a backlash against immigration, free trade, foreign intervention in the Middle East and elsewhere. Issues that populists like Boris, Farage, Trump, Wilders, Le Pen, and other nationalist leaders all champion.

Nationalism transcends left right issues because both the left and the right can be nationalist or multi nationalist (Sanders vs Clinton) (Trump vs Bush)
(Boris vs Cameron) and one could argue (Corbyn vs Blair)

Nationalists have a tendency to shift left on economic issues, note that Trump has said he won't touch medicaid or social security, something the Koch brothers would like to privatize, who are definitely multi nationalist.

On social issues I take your point, but gay marriage and gun control is superficial to the average american when they've lost their $24 dollar an hour job at the plant, and find themselves working for $12 dollars at the Home Depot.

This is the defining issue of our time. The UK didn't separate because they didn't like it's policies on health care and gay marriage, they separated over the issues of self government, immigration and free trade.
William_the_Bloody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 08:57 PM   #270 (permalink)
Oracle
 
RoxyRollah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Closer then you think.....
Posts: 4,004
Default

I love you^
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuitarBizarre View Post
Roxy is unable to perpetrate violence. It always somehow turns into BDSM between two consenting adults.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland
I just want to say your tits are lovely.
Quote:
Originally Posted by grindy View Post
Roxy is the William S. Burroughs of our time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neapolitan View Post
I like Roxy, she's awesome and her taste in music far exceeds yours. Roxy is in the Major League bro, and you're like a sad clown in a two bit rodeo.
RoxyRollah is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.