Music Banter

Music Banter (https://www.musicbanter.com/)
-   Current Events, Philosophy, & Religion (https://www.musicbanter.com/current-events-philosophy-religion/)
-   -   What Did President Trump Do Now? (https://www.musicbanter.com/current-events-philosophy-religion/87986-what-did-president-trump-do-now.html)

Janszoon 01-29-2017 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Qwertyy (Post 1800849)
they're pants*

They're literally pants.

DwnWthVwls 01-29-2017 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Janszoon (Post 1800855)
They're literally pants.

Your literally pants.

elphenor 01-29-2017 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DwnWthVwls (Post 1800854)
Nationalism is fine in moderation. People using nationalism to justify racism, bigotry, jingoism, (insert many other isms), etc is a scourge.

It's all bad

people are people

To stop caring about fellow human beings because they're on the other side of an imaginary line and still consider yourself a good person requires some elite self-delusion

Ol’ Qwerty Bastard 01-29-2017 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Janszoon (Post 1800855)
They're literally pants.

they're literally crap pants there.

elphenor 01-29-2017 01:45 PM

I believe in virtually open borders (with background checks ofc) because it is what is morally right

Raust 01-29-2017 01:54 PM

There's people who are shocked. CNN, FOX, MSNBC, New York Times predicted Clinton all to win and a lot of people stayed at home on 8th confident that there would be a Madame President in the morning.

Also doesn't help that people believed that the next Hitler was put into office by all the insane journalism throughout this election cycle.

There was literal people taking dumps in the pants at JFK airport you guys. Pretty funny.

elphenor 01-29-2017 01:57 PM

That "insane" journalism amounted to broadcasting all the insane things Trump says
People are angry because the candidate they picked by popular vote lost to a buffoon in which they have nothing in common with policy wise

Exo 01-29-2017 01:59 PM

People also being secretive and ashamed of voting from Trump as skewed the election predictions. A lot of people just didn't come out and say they were voting for either candidate due to the label that would have most likely been plastered on them. This election was a unique monster. People were being defined and in some cases assaulted and attacked for who they supported. I'm not surprised they kept that sh*t secret. It's hard to predict an election when a good portion of voters were keeping their mouths shut.

DwnWthVwls 01-29-2017 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elphenor (Post 1800857)
It's all bad

people are people

To stop caring about fellow human beings because they're on the other side of an imaginary line and still consider yourself a good person requires some elite self-delusion

That's a nice strawman, but I'll ignore that and ask a follow up.. Do you think preserving culture is a bad thing? I do not want to live in global melting pot. I want to be able to travel to different parts of the world and experience different cultures and have my thoughts challenged. The good parts of nationalism preserve culture and create a good form of segregation which prevents homogenization. I'm not promoting intolerance here or lack of empathy for anyone outside your own culture.

Quote:

Originally Posted by elphenor (Post 1800859)
I believe in virtually open borders (with background checks ofc) because it is what is morally right

Sacrificing function for morality is more immoral than closing or limiting immigration, especially if one of your criteria for determining morality is to limit suffering.

elphenor 01-29-2017 02:02 PM

Immigration saves an astronomically larger number of lives than is lost to the relatively rare terrorist attacks from immigrants

This is assuming that these people wouldn't kill in their own countries anyway

Yes I'm for a global melting pot I don't believe the melting pot here in the US for example sacrifices cultures, our country remains multicultural with incredible diversity


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:04 AM.


© 2003-2021 Advameg, Inc.