Music Banter

Music Banter (https://www.musicbanter.com/)
-   Current Events, Philosophy, & Religion (https://www.musicbanter.com/current-events-philosophy-religion/)
-   -   What Did President Trump Do Now? (https://www.musicbanter.com/current-events-philosophy-religion/87986-what-did-president-trump-do-now.html)

Lucem Ferre 02-12-2017 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elphenor (Post 1805138)
There are actually interesting conversations to have about globalization but the way you use the word reminds me of some Alex Jones New World Order garbage

You ever hear the Alex Jones conspiracy? About him being Bill Hicks? It's hilarious. There's multiple versions. One of them goes that Alex Jones is a character Bill Hicks created for a comedy routine and it ended up becoming his identity.

Anteater 02-12-2017 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elphenor (Post 1805138)
There are actually interesting conversations to have about globalization but the way you use the word reminds me of some Alex Jones New World Order garbage

I explained my use of the word "globalist" earlier as it related to Soros.

You cited a poll that came out several years ago. Cultural differences or no cultural differences, America must not be that "great" a threat to world peace if those people professing fear would rather live here than anywhere else on the planet according to the results. Why didn't Russia or Iran or Iraq or Saudi Arabia top the list on the 2nd question otherwise?

Chula Vista 02-12-2017 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anteater (Post 1805142)
Too difficult?

Your feet are so set in concrete, what's the point? Live by the sword, die by the sword.

Anteater 02-12-2017 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chula Vista (Post 1805143)
Your feet are so set in concrete, what's the point? Live by the sword, die by the sword.

But the "pen", so to speak, is mightier than the sword. I will continue to demonstrate this point no matter how annoyed some of you become. :)

Alas, you guys seem to have issues with big picture discussions when it relates to people outside of the Donald Trump box. I'll be sure to keep that in mind.

Chula Vista 02-12-2017 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anteater (Post 1805146)
Alas, you guys seem to have issues with big picture discussions when it relates to people outside of the Donald Trump box.

Dude. Are you seriously saying you don't eat, sleep, and **** inside of Trump's box?

That would be what is funny.

Anteater 02-12-2017 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chula Vista (Post 1805150)
Dude. Are you seriously saying you don't eat, sleep, and **** inside of Trump's box?

That would be what is funny.

I don't at all. I didn't vote for him either. But every time I present ANY argument that isn't Chicken Little "the sky is falling" you guys go apeshit or dismiss it out of hand because it doesn't align with Karl Marx's manifesto (elphenor) or your average "think piece" from Mother Jones (you). I'm sorry if that hurts a few feelings around here, but I'm not the only one who has observed it.

I should be able to post in this thread and joke about guys like George Soros without people attacking my "credibility". If you can't do that, then I don't know why you claim to be liberal when I'm seeing intolerence to anything that isn't Trump = Hitler memelulz.

At the end of the day, to me Trump is just an experiment (of sorts) and a test for democracy in the U.S. That's not a bad thing nor a good thing overall, but it was an inevitability. I also find it rather amusing that Obama singlehandedly drove Trump to run in the first place after what happened at the 2011 White House Correspondents' Association dinner. If that one event had gone just a little differently, this thread would not exist.

DwnWthVwls 02-13-2017 12:10 AM

Meme them back.

Lucem Ferre 02-13-2017 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anteater (Post 1805142)
I explained my use of the word "globalist" earlier as it related to Soros.

You cited a poll that came out several years ago. Cultural differences or no cultural differences, America must not be that "great" a threat to world peace if those people professing fear would rather live here than anywhere else on the planet according to the results. Why didn't Russia or Iran or Iraq or Saudi Arabia top the list on the 2nd question otherwise?

Because we don't cause conflict in our own country.

grindy 02-13-2017 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elphenor (Post 1805103)
It'd look right wing to me but see how it doesn't because I understand how to critically think

The only way this could have been funnier is if Chula wrote it.

DwnWthVwls 02-13-2017 12:21 AM

Being a condescending know it all isn't critically thinking?


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:35 PM.


© 2003-2021 Advameg, Inc.