Music Banter

Music Banter (https://www.musicbanter.com/)
-   Current Events, Philosophy, & Religion (https://www.musicbanter.com/current-events-philosophy-religion/)
-   -   What Did President Trump Do Now? (https://www.musicbanter.com/current-events-philosophy-religion/87986-what-did-president-trump-do-now.html)

OccultHawk 02-24-2017 09:05 PM

Quote:

My handgun is in a small safe next to my bed. I can have it out and chambered in about 3 seconds. (yes, I DO NOT keep a round in the chamber - stupidest thing a person could ever do). Plus the sound of chambering a round is a deterrant in and of itself.
I keep my revolver loaded. Safety off. Obviously, a revolver isn't going to make that sound but if you want the chambering sound to serve as a deterrent you shouldn't be drawing your weapon. I hope I never have to hold my revolver in self defense but if I do the only deterrent in my mind is a corpse. Whoever is breaking into your house is armed. Why would you give them a warning?

Chula Vista 02-24-2017 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OccultHawk (Post 1808852)
Whoever is breaking into your house is armed. Why would you give them a warning?

My bedroom is on the second floor. My 2 dogs would be deterent #1. Me yelling out that I have a gun and then confirming it with the sound of chambering a round is deterent #2.

TBH, I'm not worried about a break in. I'm just prepared for the event of a massive earthquake that shuts down SoCal for a period of time where society might break down a bit. I have supplies and would defend them in that scenario.

The Batlord 02-24-2017 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chula Vista (Post 1808856)
My bedroom is on the second floor. My 2 dogs would be deterent #1. Me yelling out that I have a gun and then confirming it with the sound of chambering a round is deterent #2.

TBH, I'm not worried about a break in. I'm just prepared for the event of a massive earthquake that shuts down SoCal for a period of time where society might break down a bit. I have supplies and would defend them in that scenario.

Apparently the breakdown of society is more feasible than getting robbed in Southern California.

Chula Vista 02-24-2017 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Batlord (Post 1808860)
Apparently the breakdown of society is more feasible than getting robbed in Southern California.

Mojo = 85 pounds. Cali = 65 pounds.

Come on and give it a try.

The Batlord 02-24-2017 09:27 PM

I think the greater threat is your dogs getting into the Chef Boyardee.

Chula Vista 02-24-2017 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the batlord (Post 1808864)
i think the greater threat is your dogs getting into the chef boyardee.

yesistrue!

elphenor 02-24-2017 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Batlord (Post 1808844)
Yes, but that's none of your ****ing business, cause it's not your gun, any more than where I keep my TV is your business. If I want to be dumb and get shot by my own gun then that's not your concern.

The argument was about whether or not a gun makes you safer

A: probably not

The question as to whether you should be able to own one anyway is different and I'm inclined to agree with you to a point

The Batlord 02-24-2017 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elphenor (Post 1808874)
The argument was about whether or not a gun makes you safer

A: probably not

The question as to whether you should be able to own one anyway is different and I'm inclined to agree with you to a point

And my original argument was that rights shouldn't be granted or restricted based solely on statistics. I'm not a Libertarian, but I do believe in self-governing, and not letting the government stick its nose in the private affairs of its citizens unless necessary is preferable.

Lucem Ferre 02-24-2017 10:24 PM

If you're a responsible gun owner then it can make you safer.

If not, it can make you less safer. It's a case by case scenario, no real easy answer.

Chula Vista 02-24-2017 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucem Ferre (Post 1808891)
If you're a responsible gun owner then it can make you safer.

If not, it can make you less safer. It's a case by case scenario.

This is the correct answer.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:23 PM.


© 2003-2022 Advameg, Inc.