Music Banter

Music Banter (https://www.musicbanter.com/)
-   Current Events, Philosophy, & Religion (https://www.musicbanter.com/current-events-philosophy-religion/)
-   -   What Did President Trump Do Now? (https://www.musicbanter.com/current-events-philosophy-religion/87986-what-did-president-trump-do-now.html)

Mindfulness 05-09-2017 06:26 AM

obama was a real president.
orange man is a tv show president.

Frownland 05-09-2017 06:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elphenor (Post 1833471)
I don't think non-partisan naturally translates to "smart"

There's lots of positions where, in fact, you're pretty stupid to take the middle ground

I don't think non-partisan naturally translates to taking the middle ground, even though that's a common place for that road to lead. For the situations you're referencing, it's likely that you can reach the same conclusions as one partisan lens or another by looking at it from an objective perspective.

The true sign of intelligence is being aware of it and letting other people know, obvs.

Anteater 05-09-2017 07:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chula Vista (Post 1833468)
You keep trying to come across as superior. Like somehow you are intelligently the better man. That your posts, opinions, words are more important just because they are coming from you.

You are not trolling me. You are insulting me with comments like "child" because I don't see through the same rose colored glasses that you like to wear.

It's now been almost 20 posts since you've blamed Obama for something to deflect from the disaster that is Trump. Step up Ant.

In regards to my opinion on Trump: you have such a short memory. Might want to go see your doctor to have that checked out, because I'm a little worried about you.

You know, bringing up the previous administration in regards to Trump is important since he's building on their worst tendencies (Wall-Street collusion, questionable foreign policy) and dismantling things he didn't like about it (the ACA, budgetary provisions for certain entities, etc.). On the other hand, you give Obama all this credit for the stimulus package that "saved" the economy even though it was the Bush administration's doing. Double standard much buddy boy?

You have an inferiority complex and don't like being told you aren't seeing the big picture. If you don't want me to talk to you like a child and troll you, then try debating like a grown up.

elphenor 05-09-2017 11:27 AM

I'm not Obama's biggest fan

But give me 10 Obama's in a row before you give me a Trump

You're complaining that he didn't jail bankers, while the sitting president has them reveal his tax plan

Frownland 05-09-2017 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elphenor (Post 1833529)
I'm not Obama's biggest fan

But give me 10 Obama's in a row before you give me a Trump

You're complaining that he didn't jail bankers, while the sitting president has them reveal his tax plan

You don't understand dude. The most important element of a presidency--and the thing that it should unequivocally be judged by--is how hypocritical that president is based off of their campaign promises. Things like real-world actions, effects on the economy, and decisions made on a case-by-case basis don't mean **** once we consider the hypocrisy. If a president ran a campaign on starting WWIII and tanking the economy then actualized that once they were in office, well that would simply make them the greatest president in American history.

Chula Vista 05-09-2017 11:56 AM

For the umpteenth time - this is not a debate class for me. I've already lived through Obama's 8 years and witnessed first hand how his presidency affected me, and those I care about in a positive manner. He also gained back a lot of positive ground with our allies after the "you're either with us, or against us" rhetoric of GWB and Cheney.

I've also witnessed very closely all that is Donald Trump, his family, his cronies, and his smoke show up to this point. I have a very clear opinion of both men.

What's to debate?

And you reffering to me as a child is you simply being a dickweed. It's a simple as that. Your condescension is almost reaching Frowny levels.

Almost.

Chula Vista 05-09-2017 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frownland (Post 1833532)
You don't understand dude. The most important element of a presidency--and the thing that it should unequivocally be judged by--is how hypocritical that president is based off of their campaign promises. Things like real-world actions, effects on the economy, and decisions made on a case-by-case basis don't mean **** once we consider the hypocrisy. If a president ran a campaign on starting WWIII and tanking the economy then actualized that once they were in office, well that would simply make them the greatest president in American history.

Dude....... :rofl:

Frownland 05-09-2017 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chula Vista (Post 1833536)
For the umpteenth time - this is not a debate class for me.

Quit trying to belittle having constructive dialogues by making it seem like a practice reserved for high school students.

Quote:

I've already lived through Obama's 8 years and witnessed first hand how his presidency affected me, and those I care about in a positive manner. He also gained back a lot of positive ground with our allies after the "you're either with us, or against us" rhetoric of GWB and Cheney.

I've also witnessed very closely all that is Donald Trump, his family, his cronies, and his smoke show up to this point. I have a very clear opinion of both men.
There's always more to learn, wouldn't you agree? Your experiences are such an infinitesimally tiny cross-section of the big picture and other people's experiences can help you understand your own opinions better. You may not change your mind on anything (that's typically a slow and long-term process that most people are not conscious of), but you will gain perspective and understand why people who think differently than you think that way instead of blowing a gasket asking yourself "why are these people so stupid?!"

If you can't see the value in that and how it would improve this garbage thread or at least clear up a couple of the ****storms in the forecast, then I don't know what to say.

Quote:

And you reffering to me as a child is you simply being a dickweed. It's a simple as that. Your condescension is almost reaching Frowny levels.

Almost.
Calling people dickweeds is pretty douchey, Chula. Those in glass houses and all that.

elphenor 05-09-2017 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anteater (Post 1833489)
On the other hand, you give Obama all this credit for the stimulus package that "saved" the economy even though it was the Bush administration's doing.

You claim to be non-partisan but then you make statements like this and I'm just wondering which right wing source did you pull it from

Bush did pass a bipartisan stimulus package in 08 but it was weaksauce and conservative, which is funny considering the massive check he cut Wall Street and The Banks which did nothing for us

Obama passes a stimulus package in 09 that's double the size and that finally starts to clot the bleeding

duga 05-09-2017 12:14 PM

Here's something I've been curious about...

Since Trump has no filter, loves to insult people, and has generally taken a giant dump on the generally accepted political etiquette, has this changed politics in the US for good? Is it now open season to straight up insult and demean your opponent? Will our future presidents be expected to personally tweet? Or do you think things will go back to "normal" once Trump is out?


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:06 PM.


© 2003-2021 Advameg, Inc.