Music Banter

Music Banter (https://www.musicbanter.com/)
-   Current Events, Philosophy, & Religion (https://www.musicbanter.com/current-events-philosophy-religion/)
-   -   What Did President Trump Do Now? (https://www.musicbanter.com/current-events-philosophy-religion/87986-what-did-president-trump-do-now.html)

Ol’ Qwerty Bastard 12-11-2016 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elphenor (Post 1781787)
This is your problem, your anecdotal evidence is subject to confirmation bias

Start using basic scientific method

The problem of poverty is not explained away by "people are lazy"

dude you really need to stop putting words in my mouth. I directly said IN MY EXPERIENCE, I never said it was a general rule. I know there's more to poverty to laziness, but that doesn't mean there isn't lazy people that are poor for that very reason.

DwnWthVwls 12-11-2016 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elphenor (Post 1781787)
This is your problem, your anecdotal evidence is subject to confirmation bias

Start using basic scientific method

The problem of poverty is not explained away by "people are lazy"

You're right, it's explained by people making bad decisions(most of the time). My problem isn't with the system, it's how they determine and monitor eligibility.

The Batlord 12-11-2016 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Qwertyy (Post 1781793)
dude you really need to stop putting words in my mouth. I directly said IN MY EXPERIENCE, I never said it was a general rule. I know there's more to poverty to laziness, but that doesn't mean there isn't lazy people that are poor for that very reason.

Granted, this is also my own experience, but po' people ain't lazy. They do dumb ****, rationalize why there's no point in trying to better themselves, and spend much of their money on weed and ****, but they work their asses off way more than Republicans would have you believe. So many of my coworkers have two jobs and fight for hours, and yet they don't put the same effort into trying to pick up a trade or take community classes, largely because the system has convinced them that this is simply their lot in life. It's not laziness, just acceptance.

elphenor 12-11-2016 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DwnWthVwls (Post 1781796)
You're right, it's explained by people making bad decisions(most of the time). My problem isn't with the system, it's how they determine and monitor eligibility.

without proper education how can you expect people to make the right decisions people are a product of their environment

The US has a pretty rigid class system despite the popular narrative

DwnWthVwls 12-11-2016 11:44 AM

What exactly is a proper education to you? You don't need to graduate high school to know how to have safe sex or use that $20 for food instead of drugs.

elphenor 12-11-2016 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Qwertyy (Post 1781793)
dude you really need to stop putting words in my mouth. I directly said IN MY EXPERIENCE, I never said it was a general rule. I know there's more to poverty to laziness, but that doesn't mean there isn't lazy people that are poor for that very reason.

yes I understand what you said and I'm telling you not to make assumptions based on your personal experience

That is for your own good really

elphenor 12-11-2016 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DwnWthVwls (Post 1781805)
What exactly is a proper education to you? You don't need to graduate high school to know how to have safe sex or use that $20 for food instead of drugs.

you do need parents that are not drug addicts themselves

DwnWthVwls 12-11-2016 11:48 AM

Are you trying to argue that everyone on welfare has drug addict parents?

elphenor 12-11-2016 11:50 AM

I'm arguing there are lots of things outside of ones own control

"good decisions" are not made in a vacuum

Ol’ Qwerty Bastard 12-11-2016 11:54 AM

I think the system should be there to benefit single parents and that's about it.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:07 AM.


© 2003-2022 Advameg, Inc.