Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The Music Forums > General Music
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2006, 09:39 PM   #361 (permalink)
Dancing Machine
 
Expletive Deleted's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 1,108
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by boo boo
If you think there is no right or wrong answer, then why did you even bother to convince people that the US are better?
How is it that you're on a board dedicated to discussing music and you act like you've never had a debate before?
Expletive Deleted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 09:40 PM   #362 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
boo boo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Where the buffalo roam.
Posts: 12,137
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expletive Deleted
How is it that you're on a board dedicated to discussing music and you act like you've never had a debate before?
That post made no sense whatsoever.
boo boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 09:42 PM   #363 (permalink)
killedmyraindog
 
TheBig3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Posts: 9,252
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by boo boo
Im ignoring you simply because you are just trying to start another personal flame war with me, and it isnt worth it, id rather not speak to you then say the wrong thing and piss you off.

I already explained my reasons regarding influence, its not JUST influence, its also consistancy and quantity, and impact.
I mentioned all the bands that we had that were better in several diffrent arguments. Quit lying Boo boo, you've lost. You can't refute, i've stayed on topic. Why don't you go listen to some more scale runs (<~~~Thats an attempt to start a flame war)
TheBig3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 09:45 PM   #364 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
boo boo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Where the buffalo roam.
Posts: 12,137
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBig3KilledMyRainDog
I mentioned all the bands that we had that were better in several diffrent arguments. Quit lying Boo boo, you've lost. You can't refute, i've stayed on topic. Why don't you go listen to some more scale runs (<~~~Thats an attempt to start a flame war)
So, what bands are better than who is factual now and not just your opinion?

A little hypocritcal methinks.

I personaly dont think any of those bands are really better than The Beatles, but you dont see me trying to convice you that you are wrong by going on in excruciating detail about everything that makes a band better, because thats pretty f*cking pointless.

Almost like what this arguement has been reduced to because you keep responding to my statements like i just killed your dog or something.

And most of the music i listen to isnt what you would call "technical" music, so i dont even know what kind of person you think i am.
boo boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 09:47 PM   #365 (permalink)
Dancing Machine
 
Expletive Deleted's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 1,108
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by boo boo
That post made no sense whatsoever.
Trying to persuade someone to your point of view and trying to force it upon them as fact are two different things. You can have a debate without deciding which view is "right" and which view is "wrong." In fact, when talking about something as subjective as music, most arguments don't have a clear winner.
Expletive Deleted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 09:49 PM   #366 (permalink)
Dancing Machine
 
Expletive Deleted's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 1,108
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by boo boo
I personaly dont think any of those bands are really better than The Beatles, but you dont see me trying to convice you that you are wrong by going on in excruciating detail about everything that makes a band better, because thats pretty f*cking pointless.
Sure, because you spent the whole time insulting our intelligence for disagreeing with you, and immediately shooting down anything anyone said using flawed logic.
Expletive Deleted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 09:49 PM   #367 (permalink)
isfckingdead
 
sleepy jack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 18,969
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by boo boo
I personaly dont think any of those bands are really better than The Beatles
I really don't see how britian wins on that one band alone, because it has seemed to be the only one you continually mention over and over and if it was America Vs. The Beatles, then i'm sure you'd be singing a different tune.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by METALLICA89 View Post
Ive seen you on muiltipul forums saying Metallica and slayer are the worst **** you kid go suck your **** while you listen to your ****ing emo **** I bet you do listen to emo music
sleepy jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 09:52 PM   #368 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
boo boo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Where the buffalo roam.
Posts: 12,137
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expletive Deleted
Trying to persuade someone to your point of view and trying to force it upon them as fact are two different things. You can have a debate without deciding which view is "right" and which view is "wrong." In fact, when talking about something as subjective as music, most arguments don't have a clear winner.
Nah, the purpose of forums is mostly trying to convince other people they are wrong and getting into arguements, almost everybody embodys that attitude weither they know it or not, i only post on these forums due to having way too much free time on my hands.
boo boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 09:54 PM   #369 (permalink)
Dancing Machine
 
Expletive Deleted's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 1,108
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by boo boo
Nah, the purpose of forums is mostly trying to convince other people they are wrong and getting into arguements, almost everybody embodys that attitude weither they know it or not, i only post on these forums due to having way too much free time on my hands.
Well I guess some people are better at not being assholes about it.
Expletive Deleted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 10:08 PM   #370 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
boo boo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Where the buffalo roam.
Posts: 12,137
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill
I really don't see how britian wins on that one band alone, because it has seemed to be the only one you continually mention over and over and if it was America Vs. The Beatles, then i'm sure you'd be singing a different tune.
I could compare many different bands, The Beach Boys vs The Stones, Velvet Underground vs The Who, The Grateful Dead vs Led Zeppelin, The Doors vs Pink Floyd, CCR vs Black Sabbath, Frank Zappa vs David Bowie, Nirvana vs The Clash, Jefferson Airplane vs The Kinks, Santana vs Cream, Talking Heads vs The Sex Pistols, REM vs The Smiths, Lynyrd Skynyrd vs The Police, Pearl Jam vs The Cure, Alice Cooper vs Elton John, Guns N Roses vs Radiohead and Aerosmith vs Queen and it would all still end with the UK winning.

Im not saying this proves anything, but it isnt any less valid than what any of you have been saying, such as some good metal bands make the USA better than a country that has spawned what is argubly the most important band of the 20th century.
boo boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.