Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The Music Forums > General Music
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2009, 07:40 PM   #121 (permalink)
Let it drip
 
Sneer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 5,421
Default

I tried a binaural beat on the recommendation of a friend with all the lights out and headphones on. I found it to be a very disconcerting experience. I became very anxious and afraid of my surroundings, so stopped it midway through.
Sneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 09:17 PM   #122 (permalink)
أمهاتك[وهور]Aura Euphoria
 
Thrice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Florida/Buffalo/CT
Posts: 2,076
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebase Dali View Post
Hey that's all that matters right?
I just wonder how you'd react to real drugs though... Hehe. You should bomb 2 X pills along side a geltab and call me in the morning.

I guarantee you it will work for you.
and then ill finish this forty cuz lifes boring...and im pillmatic.
__________________


Lew Harrison, who looked like an anarchist with his red eyes and fierce black beard, had been writing furiously in one corner of the room. "That's goodóhappiness by the kilowatt," he said. "Buy your happiness the way you buy light."
Thrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 09:31 PM   #123 (permalink)
.
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 4,507
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu View Post
I tried a binaural beat on the recommendation of a friend with all the lights out and headphones on. I found it to be a very disconcerting experience. I became very anxious and afraid of my surroundings, so stopped it midway through.
You inspired me to try a little experiment.

According to Freebase the only reason I got "high" off the Pot dose is because I "wanted" to get high.

So I put two random doses (I renamed all of the dose files on my computer to the same thing) on a disc and hit random. I didn't look at what track was playing and listened to the whole dose.

I felt a heaviness in my jaw, tingly feeling in my forehead and nose area and drifted between chill out happiness and total zoning out nothingness.

Turns out the dose was heroin - consistent with the description and yet I went into not knowing what it was supposed to be.

Also you said the doses were just one consistent binaural beat with white (or pink) noise added? I don't know what you were listening to but the beats change up every four minutes or so.. the beating you hear at the end is different from what you started with. This is because they are occuring at different frequences as they attempt to train your brain to follow suit.

I think I can say I've been trained effectivly at this. Results are now as quick as the real thing.

And that's another thing.... I've said it before and I'll say it again........

even if it's not exactly like the real drug (even if it's completely different) that doens't take away from the fact that it feels fantastic. If your smart enough to know how to get them for free (and most kids are) and they work on you than why shouldn't you be getting high off this stuff? It's harmless, legal, non-addictive (as if pot is addictive anyway.... talking more about heroin and the likes) and fun.

I'm just telling all of you because the majority of people in this thread seem to have a stick up their ass about it. And it doesn't help that you essentially have to "practice" at it but trust me this aint no placebo. Now if you'll excuse me I have to go listen to an Atomic Bomb blowing up in my ears.

Last edited by someonecompletelyrandom; 11-25-2009 at 09:40 PM.
someonecompletelyrandom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 11:12 PM   #124 (permalink)
Partying on the inside
 
Freebase Dali's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 5,329
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conan View Post
You inspired me to try a little experiment.

According to Freebase the only reason I got "high" off the Pot dose is because I "wanted" to get high.

So I put two random doses (I renamed all of the dose files on my computer to the same thing) on a disc and hit random. I didn't look at what track was playing and listened to the whole dose.

I felt a heaviness in my jaw, tingly feeling in my forehead and nose area and drifted between chill out happiness and total zoning out nothingness.

Turns out the dose was heroin - consistent with the description and yet I went into not knowing what it was supposed to be.
Jesus Christ...
How much do you honestly think that proves?

I don't mean that as a challenge, but more of an actual question.
I'd really like to hear you explain it.


Edit:
By the way, I get heaviness in my jaw and drift between chill happiness to total nothingness every time I lay down to go to sleep.
And I'm usually totally straight.
Wanna explain that one? Or am I being beamed with audio drugs from a secret government experiment or something?

Last edited by Freebase Dali; 11-25-2009 at 11:38 PM.
Freebase Dali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 12:08 AM   #125 (permalink)
we are stardust
 
Astronomer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Australia
Posts: 2,863
Default

I just tried the pot one and it didn't do **** for me. I don't know if the one I downloaded was legit but it just felt like the same kind of noise as heard when having an MRI scan or something. Of course when you lie down and close your eyes and relax your body you are going to experience a heavy jaw, or a relaxed sense, or spacing out more so than if you were sitting at your computer.

I personally think it'd have a placebo effect, the mind is a very powerful thing, and thinking about certain feelings/sensations can certainly trigger them.

And probably the people who are attracted to these I-Doses are people who haven't actually tried the real drug or had access to it (which is why they are seeking out i-doses) and so don't really know what to compare it to anyway.
__________________
Astronomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 11:25 AM   #126 (permalink)
.
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 4,507
Default

I can only repeat myself 400 times... like most people I've used pot. I will also repeat this for the 400th time... you have to PRACTICE!

And Freebase, it was a direct response to what you posted. I said what I think it proves to me in the post. And please don't be a smart ass. Yes you feel something when you sleep... like most human beings I regularly sleep too. I wouldn't have said anything if I felt nothing - this was something out of the ordinary.

Last edited by someonecompletelyrandom; 12-15-2009 at 03:13 PM.
someonecompletelyrandom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 12:59 PM   #127 (permalink)
Partying on the inside
 
Freebase Dali's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 5,329
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conan View Post
I can only repeat myself 400 times... like most people I've used pot. I will also repeat this for the 400th time... you have to F-CKING PRACTICE!

And Jesus Christ Freebase, it was a direct response to what you posted. I said what I think it proves to me in the post. And for f-cks sake don't try to be a smart ass. Yes you feel something when you sleep... like most human beings I regularly sleep too. I wouldn't have said anything if I felt nothing - this was something out of the ordinary.
Of course it's out of the ordinary. Didn't we already establish that Binaural Beats can do that?
But honestly, since you say you've smoked pot, you can't tell me that I-Doser is comparable at all, unless your experiences with pot were very um... Nutmeg.

Anyway, I get what you're saying.
I guess I just have too much experience with real drugs to hear people describe their I-Doser highs and take it seriously when they compare the effects.
__________________
Freebase Dali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 05:09 PM   #128 (permalink)
.
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 4,507
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebase Dali View Post
Of course it's out of the ordinary. Didn't we already establish that Binaural Beats can do that?
But honestly, since you say you've smoked pot, you can't tell me that I-Doser is comparable at all, unless your experiences with pot were very um... Nutmeg.

Anyway, I get what you're saying.
I guess I just have too much experience with real drugs to hear people describe their I-Doser highs and take it seriously when they compare the effects.


I don't want to argue or anything... I'm just saying I-doser was just as powerful but in a different way. And the reason I brought up the fact that it was heroin that I used in the random one is because I've never used that dose before... so i got a completly different effect than the mj dose and there was no pre-existing knowledge of what it was supposed to do so atleast to me that rules out placebo.

And even if it is placebo than damn I love placebo.

Last edited by someonecompletelyrandom; 12-18-2009 at 01:05 PM.
someonecompletelyrandom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 05:24 PM   #129 (permalink)
Juicious Maximus III
 
tore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Scabb Island
Posts: 5,935
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conan View Post
you have to F-CKING PRACTICE!
Aside from everything else, that itself is a pretty strong indication that it is merely placebo. If the sounds really cause a biochemical response, you wouldn't need practice. It would work like a drug. The fact you have to practice strongly indicates the effect is psychological.

Also practicing is important in placebos. For example drugs have stronger effects when people have had positive experiences with them before. The reason is they get an added placebo effect from expecting results based on previous experiences.

Maybe it's fine if you wanna get high on bogus - but personally, I don't like kidding myself. I think it's immoral for companies to make money on placebos as well.
__________________
In the age of information, ignorance is a choice.
tore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 06:10 PM   #130 (permalink)
.
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 4,507
Default

You have to "practice" so your brain will become more used to the way this thing works. It's call and response, ie the frequences played in the beat attempt to get your brain to follow suit and operate on those frequencies.

After so many sessions your brain will reconize the attempt better and you'll get a better response.

Or atleast that's what a professor at my (community) college said. He seems to think they are plausable but says enough tests haven't been done.

"Practice" is basically my word for gradual brain entrainment. It's really not that far fetched... it's just exagerrated to death by the company who, of course, wants to make money.

They are fun simulations of the real thing. I think you guys may need to read up on what a placebo really is.
someonecompletelyrandom is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



© 2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.