Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The Music Forums > General Music
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

View Poll Results: Does John Peel deserve to make the Hall of Fame?
Yes 11 91.67%
No 1 8.33%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2010, 04:32 PM   #2691 (permalink)
eat the masters
 
debaserr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 5,277
Default

too lazy
debaserr is offline  
Old 06-02-2010, 06:03 PM   #2692 (permalink)
air quote
 
Engine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: pollen & mold
Posts: 3,057
Default

There's no way that I can vote NO for them because they were the best hair metal band in all the world for a couple of years. Slash's guitar abilities and the interest in punk rock that he shared with other (original) band members made Appetite for Destruction a classic album. Two decades later I can still listen to it and love it.

On the other hand there's no way that I can vote YES for them because all other music they made is borderline horrible so I'll abstain from this one.
__________________
Like an arrow,
I was only passing through.
Engine is offline  
Old 06-02-2010, 06:06 PM   #2693 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Insane Guest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: CA
Posts: 1,320
Default

The poll was closed anyway.
Insane Guest is offline  
Old 06-02-2010, 06:08 PM   #2694 (permalink)
air quote
 
Engine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: pollen & mold
Posts: 3,057
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xEMGx View Post
The poll was closed anyway.
Oops
__________________
Like an arrow,
I was only passing through.
Engine is offline  
Old 06-02-2010, 07:43 PM   #2695 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Insane Guest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: CA
Posts: 1,320
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engine View Post
Oops
You made a pretty good argument though.
Insane Guest is offline  
Old 06-02-2010, 08:23 PM   #2696 (permalink)
Untalented Drummer
 
scottsy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Sussex, Wisconsin
Posts: 2,900
Default

Poll closed, I missed it.... but I'd have voted no... they just don't do anything for me, sure they had attitude to spare, some great riffs, but unfortunately mostly vacant and pretty terrible lyrics, and by the end of the second Use Your Own Illusion album, it felt like they'd run dry on material completely.

There were much better bands emerging at the height of their popularity anyways. They were a short lived and quickly superceded sensation...
__________________
"If you're like me, then it's possible you're a clone generated from my stolen DNA. I suggest you turn yourself in for destruction immediately" - Shaun Micallef.
scottsy is offline  
Old 06-02-2010, 08:40 PM   #2697 (permalink)
Mate, Spawn & Die
 
Janszoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Posts: 24,045
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottsy View Post
Poll closed, I missed it.... but I'd have voted no... they just don't do anything for me, sure they had attitude to spare, some great riffs, but unfortunately mostly vacant and pretty terrible lyrics, and by the end of the second Use Your Own Illusion album, it felt like they'd run dry on material completely.
I actually think they're a bit underrated in the lyric department to be honest.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by P A N View Post
i'm not gonna spend my life on music banter trying to convince people the earth is flat.
A Night in the Life of the Invisible Man

Time & Place

25 Albums You Should Hear Before the Moon Crashes into the Earth and We All Die


last.fm
Janszoon is offline  
Old 06-02-2010, 09:18 PM   #2698 (permalink)
love will tear you apart
 
TheCunningStunt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Manchester, UK.
Posts: 5,100
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engine View Post
There's no way that I can vote NO for them because they were the best hair metal band in all the world for a couple of years. Slash's guitar abilities and the interest in punk rock that he shared with other (original) band members made Appetite for Destruction a classic album. Two decades later I can still listen to it and love it.

On the other hand there's no way that I can vote YES for them because all other music they made is borderline horrible so I'll abstain from this one.
That wasn't exactly hard to do though was it?
TheCunningStunt is offline  
Old 06-02-2010, 10:49 PM   #2699 (permalink)
eat the masters
 
debaserr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 5,277
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xEMGx View Post
You made a pretty good argument though.
don't you usually engage in argumental combat to prove a point? he/she made an argument for abstention?
debaserr is offline  
Old 06-02-2010, 10:51 PM   #2700 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Insane Guest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: CA
Posts: 1,320
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trace87 View Post
don't you usually engage in argumental combat to prove a point? he/she made an argument for abstention?
Well he argued with himself.
Insane Guest is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2020 Advameg, Inc.