Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The Music Forums > Punk > Hardcore & Emo
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2006, 01:33 AM   #191 (permalink)
Don
Account Disabled
 
Don's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 647
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by boo boo
Hey professior, can you tell us about the original movement, when and where it began, about the first emo bands and about their influences?

And can you do it without using Wikipedia?
rofl. I've NEVER used wikipedia as any reference in my entire life. I've already discussed the most important aspects, if you want more, I sure ain't your babysitter.
Don is offline  
Old 03-11-2006, 01:52 AM   #192 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
boo boo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Where the buffalo roam.
Posts: 12,137
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don
rofl. I've NEVER used wikipedia as any reference in my entire life. I've already discussed the most important aspects, if you want more, I sure ain't your babysitter.
Oh wait, you're the emo expert but you can't even give us a little history lession?

If you really want us to believe you know so much, you better start proving it.

C'mon, you're pathetic...At least try, just for sh*ts and giggles.
boo boo is offline  
Old 03-11-2006, 03:38 AM   #193 (permalink)
Don
Account Disabled
 
Don's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 647
Default

It's not that I can't, I just can't be bothered. I think someone gave a link regarding the history anyway.

Better start proving it? Well I've done my best to educate the uneducated but I guess I've failed my struggling students.
Don is offline  
Old 03-11-2006, 08:17 AM   #194 (permalink)
"Knowledge is annoying"
 
Electric Ocean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Wales, UK
Posts: 230
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don
It's not that I can't, I just can't be bothered. I think someone gave a link regarding the history anyway.

Better start proving it? Well I've done my best to educate the uneducated but I guess I've failed my struggling students.
Well just face the fact that this forum is for discussion of underground, hardcore-related emo only, because the people who post here the majority of the time want it to be and if you don't like that just stop posting, we don't want to be "educated". At the end of the day if we didn't want the current wave of "emo" to be discussed we could just rename the forum "hardcore" as the current bands discussed here are hardcore but the mainstrem ones are not.
Electric Ocean is offline  
Old 03-11-2006, 08:12 PM   #195 (permalink)
Don
Account Disabled
 
Don's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 647
Default

Yeah, I initially posted this in the rock/metal forum because there was a huge argument regarding whether C&C are emo or not, then it just went from there and it got moved into this forum.
Don is offline  
Old 03-12-2006, 02:26 PM   #196 (permalink)
isfckingdead
 
sleepy jack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 18,969
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don
Notice how your links are just random people's opinions, I've already pointed this out before too.
Yeah, I love how you judge the articles/sites on the people instead of the actual information in them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don
But you see, I don't need to, I already explained that most of the tracks have traces of emo is them, but since you don't believe in my (the) definition of emo, then there's no point is there?
So basically, you don't have to prove your opinions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don
Ermmm, no I didn't, I mentioned the three most important artists in defining emo.
According to your definition, their were many many many people/bands that played this "emo" music before they did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don
Because we're talking about emo.
Because they're totally different things.

Quote:
Because you don't know what one side of emo is. If you just understood that, you'd finally realise you're wrong.
Sorry, but I fail to see how I am wrong here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don
Yep, I'd consider Anberlin to be part emo, and you need your ears checked if you think they sound like Simple Plan.
Oh wow, have you heard both of them? Other then the different vocals they're the same genre.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don
There are no Simple Plan songs that are emo.
Contradiction much?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don
Now you're nitpicking on my wording. I should have said they were the first band to play emo music, happy? Barry Manilow? That better be a joke. You really don't understand my concept of emo.
Your concept of emo is pathetic, loose and as I said is just plain to messed up and complicated it followes no guidelines whatsoever its basically whatever don decides is emo.


Ugh i'm done with this thread, theirs no point your arguement blows. Anberlin is emo, but simple plan isn't? Its stupid and confusing and it seems like whatever you want to be emo is emo. Im too tired to bother trying to argue with you, you're like a brickwall on this, and are being close-minded about anything thats not don's opinion.

*leaves thread*
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by METALLICA89 View Post
Ive seen you on muiltipul forums saying Metallica and slayer are the worst **** you kid go suck your **** while you listen to your ****ing emo **** I bet you do listen to emo music
sleepy jack is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.