Music Banter

Music Banter (https://www.musicbanter.com/)
-   Hardcore & Emo (https://www.musicbanter.com/hardcore-emo/)
-   -   At The Drive-In (https://www.musicbanter.com/hardcore-emo/962-drive.html)

Thrice 04-18-2004 10:40 AM

At The Drive-In
 
Anyone heard of this band?

I used to listen to them a few years ago, and just recently started to get back into them. They are pretty old school, but i feel they are one of the pioneers of the sounds of today. :afro:

gregb 04-18-2004 10:44 AM

amazing band, they broke up 2 years ago and the lead singer and guitar player helped form a new band called sparta which rocks too

Thrice 04-18-2004 10:45 AM

Yeah...didnt they form the Mars Volta? I love Sparta Too!!

gregb 04-18-2004 10:48 AM

yeha they are very busy, sparta is a bit more pop and mars is alot more progressive

Beor Uaine 04-26-2004 12:04 AM

I thought At The Drive-In were Screamo or Emo.

Thrice 04-26-2004 02:30 PM

Not really, have you heard them?

Beor Uaine 04-30-2004 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thrice
Not really, have you heard them?


Yeah, I heard one song from them. They didn't sound punk to me.
I believe the song was "One Armed Scissor" or something like that.
I thought they were okay.

Eltiraaz 05-07-2004 09:50 PM

They were a pretty good band.. but I definatley like The Mars Volta better than Sparta.

Both are good though, I just love prog.

Bloodflowerbill 05-08-2004 08:31 PM

relationship of command was an amazing album.....

Thrice 05-10-2004 09:54 PM

Fo' Sho'

Caring_Is_Creepy 12-01-2005 02:43 PM

At The Drive-in
 

Does anyone know the meaning of the At The Drive-in song 'One Armed Scissor'? Is it about cutting?

Imonlydancing 12-01-2005 02:44 PM

I'm not sure.
but it is a fxcking good song.

(Caring Is Creepy...Is that The Shins?)

Caring_Is_Creepy 12-01-2005 02:45 PM

Tis that. You like them much?

Caring_Is_Creepy 12-01-2005 02:46 PM

and yes it is the shins. Do you liek them also
?

Caring_Is_Creepy 12-01-2005 02:46 PM

like*

Imonlydancing 12-01-2005 02:47 PM

(Btw. You can press edit instead of posting 3 times)
Yes I like ATD and The Shins.

Caring_Is_Creepy 12-01-2005 02:50 PM

Thank you. Ehh.. what else you like? You like the mars volta? I've only started liking them. Do you like Broken Social Scene?

Imonlydancing 12-01-2005 02:54 PM

Yes.
I like the Mars Volta.
Haven't heard of Broken Social Scene.

This isn't really the place for generall chit chat...i mean. Off the subject...

franscar 12-01-2005 03:30 PM

Apparently 'One Armed Scissor' is a love song. So said one of the 'fro wearers on the telly once. Dunno if he was just being obstinate though.

Thrice 12-01-2005 04:27 PM

Great song, i love that patern against user and heliotrope.

Zezima 12-01-2005 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thrice
Great song, i love that patern against user and heliotrope.

Agreed, great stuff

EDGE 12-01-2005 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caring_Is_Creepy
Thank you. Ehh.. what else you like? You like the mars volta? I've only started liking them. Do you like Broken Social Scene?


i like you.

Caring_Is_Creepy 12-03-2005 08:18 AM

Flooshgy
 
I loves me some at the drive-in! The mars volta are growing on me horribly though

Caring_Is_Creepy 12-03-2005 08:19 AM

You like me eh? Why is that?

Imonlydancing 12-03-2005 08:32 AM

^ I'm guessing cos of the bands you like.

EDGE 12-03-2005 11:52 AM

yeah, duh :)

Caring_Is_Creepy 12-04-2005 05:34 AM

I'm guessing you're an ass who butts in all the time

EDGE 12-04-2005 10:56 AM

what!? who!? not me, right!!?!??!?@sdfsrf

Expletive Deleted 12-04-2005 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Imonlydancing
Haven't heard of Broken Social Scene.

WHAT. THE. ****.

Holy ****. Go listen to them RIGHT ****ING NOW! Get their latest self-titled or You Forgot It In People, you will NOT be disappointed.

adidasss 12-04-2005 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Expletive Deleted
WHAT. THE. ****.

Holy ****. Go listen to them RIGHT ****ING NOW! Get their latest self-titled or You Forgot It In People, you will NOT be disappointed.

OH SHIT!! IS IT AS GOOD AS THE LATEST BELLE AND SEBASTIAN?!?!?!??! *scurries off to download it*

Expletive Deleted 12-04-2005 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adidasss
OH SHIT!! IS IT AS GOOD AS THE LATEST BELLE AND SEBASTIAN?!?!?!??! *scurries off to download it*

I'm pretty sure the NME have written about BSS a few times, shouldn't you be off riding their ****s by now?

adidasss 12-04-2005 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Expletive Deleted
I'm pretty sure the NME have written about BSS a few times, shouldn't you be off riding their ****s by now?

say what now ,mr. elitist indie poseur? i can't read the insult, do learn how to avoid censorship ey?

Expletive Deleted 12-04-2005 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adidasss
say what now ,mr. elitist indie poseur? i can't read the insult, do learn how to avoid censorship ey?

I said, "I'm pretty sure the NME have written about BSS a few times, shouldn't you be off riding their COCKS by now?"

And you called me a poseur.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

adidasss 12-04-2005 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Expletive Deleted
I said, "I'm pretty sure the NME have written about BSS a few times, shouldn't you be off riding their COCKS by now?"

you kiss your mamma with that mouth?

Expletive Deleted 12-04-2005 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adidasss
you kiss your mamma with that mouth?

Is that it?

adidasss 12-04-2005 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Expletive Deleted
Is that it?

is what it?

Expletive Deleted 12-04-2005 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adidasss
is what it?

Your comeback. That was all you could come up with?

franscar 12-04-2005 01:22 PM

Wait a second, is this actually an argument about the NME? Or are you just ripping chunks out of one another out of an in-built immaturity?

adidasss 12-04-2005 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Expletive Deleted
Your comeback. That was all you could come up with?

em.......uh........YOU SUCK! ( better?)

Expletive Deleted 12-04-2005 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by franscar
Wait a second, is this actually an argument about the NME? Or are you just ripping chunks out of one another out of an in-built immaturity?

Its a discussion about adidasss' horrible taste in music.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:16 PM.


© 2003-2021 Advameg, Inc.