Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > Introductions
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2010, 01:59 AM   #12641 (permalink)
Ana
Groupie
 
Ana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Croatia
Posts: 24
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NumberNineDream View Post
And never really understood posting a pic of one's self, the same day that person joins. I wouldn't think anyone would care about some anonymous person's picture, even if they're the most beautiful creature on the planet. So that's another reason.
Absurd, I say (or repeat).
Well, some of us think it is polite to post a pic on the first day, so the people know better to whom they talk to. Personally, I would like that everybody post their pics. And I don't mean some posing idiotic thing, just the pics of themselves, what they do...how does their life look.
I am just sorry that a huge amount of people live through their ego, and because of that, they defend themselves on many different ways.

Ana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 02:07 AM   #12642 (permalink)
Atchin' Akai
 
right-track's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Unamerica
Posts: 8,696
Default

I've seen your pics, but still need a better idea of what you do and how your life looks.
Please post more so I can know better with who it is I talk to...that kinda thing.
right-track is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 03:05 AM   #12643 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
boo boo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Where the buffalo roam.
Posts: 12,137
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucifer_sam View Post
See, you're a girl, and therefore you have a jaded perspective of relative female attractiveness levels. What's attractive to you might not be the same for most guys (and vice-versa, I'm sure).

If men here are forthcoming about how they feel about women here, it's out of genuine attraction for them and not some dour attempt to ingratiate themselves into another notch on the bed post.
Exactly, on the internet people are more prone to be assh*les because they can get away with anything they say and there's no serious consequences, unless you take it too far and convince a emo kid to kill himself or something.

So what's the benefit of lying to a girl and telling her she's beautiful if you really think she's ugly? Except maybe boost her self esteem but lying to someone and convincing them they are more attractive than they really are is about the worst possible thing a person can do, that kind of careless behavior is what eventually leads to fat chicks in tank tops and low-rise jeans.

Though I'm not saying the alternative is telling them what you really feel, that's also bad.

I think most guys here follow the same method as I, if I don't think a girl is attractive, I keep that sh*t to myself and don't say anything.

My honesty has gotten me in a lot of trouble here already.

Last edited by boo boo; 03-29-2010 at 03:16 AM.
boo boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 06:53 AM   #12644 (permalink)
Groupie
 
Mandelorean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: TEXAS/OHIO
Posts: 35
Default

[QUOTE=AwwSugar;842744]What kiiind.



Maybelline great lash mascara!! The pink tube with the green lid
Mandelorean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 11:26 AM   #12645 (permalink)
"Hermione-Lite"
 
Arya Stark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: New York.
Posts: 3,024
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandelorean View Post
Maybelline great lash mascara!! The pink tube with the green lid
Aww my mommy uses that.
Maybe I'll buy it next time I go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash_override View Post
Kayleigh is really pretty. But I'm not familiar with the other member you mentioned. So I can't really comment. I assume you were talking about Savannah and Vanilla when you say "all over some girls", correct me if I'm wrong?
I'm not talking about anyone specifically, this wasn't an attack on any girls here, I'm generally talking about any girl that people give too much attention to.
Girls who starve for attention and then actually get it.
That bothers me.
But it's obviously my opinion, and I can't argue something like this. [= You guys can like who you like. I was just replying to Freebase.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucifer_sam View Post
See, you're a girl, and therefore you have a jaded perspective of relative female attractiveness levels. What's attractive to you might not be the same for most guys (and vice-versa, I'm sure).

If men here are forthcoming about how they feel about women here, it's out of genuine attraction for them and not some dour attempt to ingratiate themselves into another notch on the bed post.
I'm also homosexual.
What turns you on, prolly turns me on, too.
I know what you mean, but I'm commenting on the fact that Freebase thinks most girls don't comment because of whatever reason he gave.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sansa Stark View Post
I'm down with Jesus, in that case.


MB Journal.
Azucar y Especia. My blog.

Last edited by Arya Stark; 03-29-2010 at 11:34 AM.
Arya Stark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 11:28 AM   #12646 (permalink)
Nae wains, Great Danes.
 
FETCHER.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Where how means why.
Posts: 3,412
Default

My mum used to use that, so did my sister and most of my friends

I've never once tried it though
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by butthead aka 216 View Post
i havent i refuse to in fact. it triggers my ptsd from yrs ago when i thought my ex's anal beads were those edible candy necklaces
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Rez View Post
Keep it in your pants scottie.
FETCHER. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 11:58 AM   #12647 (permalink)
Partying on the inside
 
Freebase Dali's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 5,329
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AwwSugar View Post
I think it's annoying when all of the guys on here are all over some girl.
I wish more people were like that with Kayleigh, she's ****ing gorgeous.
Or Dayna, cause she is too.
Lateralus is one of the few girls on here who deserve all of the compliments she gets on her looks.
Kaleigh's been here a while and has gotten plenty comments from guys and girls alike. Kate too.
But why does it annoy you when a new girl posts a pic for the first time and the guys comment on it? We do the same for any other girl we happen to think is attractive. You probably just see less of it with longer-standing members because we've gotten it out of our system by now.

And why don't you think a new girl would deserve good comments on her picture? Does one have to be an established member in order for others to think that person looks good? It seems to me that you just have a problem with people liking someone you don't. And that's exactly what I'm talking about, as I see it all the time with a large percentage of women.
Freebase Dali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 12:17 PM   #12648 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: The Eyrie, Vale of Arryn, Westeros
Posts: 2,999
Default

I find no point in posting pictures too much rly,unless I have something to show off/something amusing. Most of you know what I look like
Sansa Stark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 12:25 PM   #12649 (permalink)
"Hermione-Lite"
 
Arya Stark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: New York.
Posts: 3,024
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebase Dali View Post
Kaleigh's been here a while and has gotten plenty comments from guys and girls alike. Kate too.
But why does it annoy you when a new girl posts a pic for the first time and the guys comment on it? We do the same for any other girl we happen to think is attractive. You probably just see less of it with longer-standing members because we've gotten it out of our system by now.

And why don't you think a new girl would deserve good comments on her picture? Does one have to be an established member in order for others to think that person looks good? It seems to me that you just have a problem with people liking someone you don't. And that's exactly what I'm talking about, as I see it all the time with a large percentage of women.
I think you're reading into what I said too much.
Either that or I didn't explain it correctly.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sansa Stark View Post
I'm down with Jesus, in that case.


MB Journal.
Azucar y Especia. My blog.
Arya Stark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 02:17 PM   #12650 (permalink)
Blue Bleezin' Blind Drunk
 
NumberNineDream's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: The land of the largest wine glass (aka Lebanon)
Posts: 2,183
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ana View Post
Well, some of us think it is polite to post a pic on the first day, so the people know better to whom they talk to. Personally, I would like that everybody post their pics. And I don't mean some posing idiotic thing, just the pics of themselves, what they do...how does their life look.
I am just sorry that a huge amount of people live through their ego, and because of that, they defend themselves on many different ways.

Well I didn't mean it in some offensive way... It's just that if we don't know the person much, it will be difficult for us to remember his looks and match them to the nickname.
I maybe talking about myself only, I just need to remember the person himself, before putting a face.

I guess if everyone puts their pix from the first day, it will be a less ambiguous world to live in... and here goes the mystery of the many bandteacher1s to come.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paloma View Post
I find no point in posting pictures too much rly,unless I have something to show off/something amusing. Most of you know what I look like
As you are also a person that posted her pix too early... I remember replying to them, 'cause dem tAtts wEre xxFAkExx!
__________________
Do cats eat bats? Do cats eat bats?Do cats eat bats? Do cats eat bats? Do cats eat bats? Do cats eat bats? Do cats eat bats?Do cats eat bats? Do cats eat bats?Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats?Do bats eat cats?Do bats eat cats?Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats?Do bats eat cats?Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats?

NumberNineDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.