Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The Music Forums > Jazz & Blues
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2012, 10:18 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Jimmy Rustler
 
Dr_Rez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 5,190
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloozcrooz View Post
So what if they were? I would like them that much more just because.
What if Hendrix was a racist. A really bad racist that participated in baddd baddd things. It was all just covered up. He was involved in trying to create a white genocide.
__________________
*Best chance of losing virginity is in prison crew*
*Always Checks Credentials Crew*
*nba > nfl crew*
*Shave one of my legs to pretend its a girl in my bed crew*
*Flakes on Dates to go Hoop crew*

Power: Yamaha Rx-v363
Speakers:2 Boston Acoustics A100's, 2 Pioneer HPM-60's
Headphones: Audio Technica M50, Sony MDR-XB500
Dr_Rez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 10:36 PM   #22 (permalink)
Justifiable Idiocracy
 
Bloozcrooz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,227
Default

Honestly I wouldn't care if he was considered the scum of the earth, I would still dig his music. Doesn't mean I would agree with whatever he was a part of or necessarily believed in, but I would still like his music. Wouldn't you?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skaligojurah View Post
Fuck you, bloozin! Your stupid thread too!
<DoctorSoft>: You know life is good when you take Viagra to jack off lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Il Duce View Post
- Hendrix didn't even play the blues that well -

Amongst Mb's Most
Hated
(Smiley Face)
Bloozcrooz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 01:14 AM   #23 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
blastingas10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 2,108
Default

Here's my stance: I don't like him, He's kind of douchey. But I don't know him as a person so I guess i say that because I don't like him. His vocals are pretty lame and douchey. I can see how someone would call him a penis, there's just something lame about him. That being said, the guy can play guitar pretty damn good; and I can respect that. I also like how he exposes people to the blues, whether they know it or not. But at the end of the day, it's the song, the total outcome of the music that really matters and I'm just not feeling it.
blastingas10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 06:13 AM   #24 (permalink)
Justifiable Idiocracy
 
Bloozcrooz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,227
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blastingas10 View Post
Here's my stance: I don't like him, He's kind of douchey. But I don't know him as a person so I guess i say that because I don't like him. His vocals are pretty lame and douchey. I can see how someone would call him a penis, there's just something lame about him. That being said, the guy can play guitar pretty damn good; and I can respect that. I also like how he exposes people to the blues, whether they know it or not. But at the end of the day, it's the song, the total outcome of the music that really matters and I'm just not feeling it.

1. Can out jam any of us on guitar. 2. Has probaly pissed off more money than most of us have ever had or ever will have 3. Is banging a different hottie like every other month. Who knows how many hot groupies inbetween the hot celebs he's shaggin. Whats not to like? If you disregaurd his love songs he has some really good music out there. Not to mention his childhood idol was SRV. Surley being a musician yourself you can appreciate some of his music. Heres a list of some of the hot dirt legs he's had the pleasure of fornicating with
  1. Jennifer Love Hewitt
  2. Jessica Simpson (when she was hot)
  3. Minka Kelly
  4. Jennifer Aniston
  5. Taylor Swift (wtf? at least he told her publicly that her song writing sucked)
  6. Katy Perry
Seems like maybe you may hate him simply cause you cant be him.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skaligojurah View Post
Fuck you, bloozin! Your stupid thread too!
<DoctorSoft>: You know life is good when you take Viagra to jack off lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Il Duce View Post
- Hendrix didn't even play the blues that well -

Amongst Mb's Most
Hated
(Smiley Face)
Bloozcrooz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 10:03 AM   #25 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
blastingas10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 2,108
Default

That's all good, I give him props for sure. Am I a little jealous? Definitely. There are plenty of people who can out wail us on guitar, so it's gonna take a little more than that for me to like him.

To be fair, he's good at what he does. Hes a really good guitarist. I just don't really like his music.
blastingas10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 04:23 PM   #26 (permalink)
ComputerHabenHerzschmerz
 
Neapolitan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Les Barricades Mystérieuses
Posts: 6,539
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Rez View Post
What if Hendrix was a complete turd, and SRV was the biggest cvnt in history!?
But they weren't. Jimi send his father a post card no matter where he went. And Stevie cared about the Blues artist he idolized. They were good people.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhanteimi View Post
Actually, I like you a lot, Nea. That's why I treat you like ****. It's the MB way.

"it counts in our hearts" - ʕººʔ
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” ― Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” – Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." - John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." — Keith Richards ☮ 💖 ♫ ∞ ἰχθύς
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 07:04 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Jimmy Rustler
 
Dr_Rez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 5,190
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neapolitan View Post
But they weren't. Jimi send his father a post card no matter where he went. And Stevie cared about the Blues artist he idolized. They were good people.
What if those postcards actually said Fvck you dad!
__________________
*Best chance of losing virginity is in prison crew*
*Always Checks Credentials Crew*
*nba > nfl crew*
*Shave one of my legs to pretend its a girl in my bed crew*
*Flakes on Dates to go Hoop crew*

Power: Yamaha Rx-v363
Speakers:2 Boston Acoustics A100's, 2 Pioneer HPM-60's
Headphones: Audio Technica M50, Sony MDR-XB500
Dr_Rez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 08:45 PM   #28 (permalink)
ComputerHabenHerzschmerz
 
Neapolitan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Les Barricades Mystérieuses
Posts: 6,539
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Rez View Post
What if those postcards actually said Fvck you dad!
But they didn't. Constructing a hypothetical evil Jimi or Stevie doesn't make John Mayer any better as a guitar player or a person.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhanteimi View Post
Actually, I like you a lot, Nea. That's why I treat you like ****. It's the MB way.

"it counts in our hearts" - ʕººʔ
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” ― Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” – Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." - John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." — Keith Richards ☮ 💖 ♫ ∞ ἰχθύς
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 09:03 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Jimmy Rustler
 
Dr_Rez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 5,190
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neapolitan View Post
But they didn't. Constructing a hypothetical evil Jimi or Stevie doesn't make John Mayer any better as a guitar player or a person.
My god man lighten up, just fvcking around is all.
__________________
*Best chance of losing virginity is in prison crew*
*Always Checks Credentials Crew*
*nba > nfl crew*
*Shave one of my legs to pretend its a girl in my bed crew*
*Flakes on Dates to go Hoop crew*

Power: Yamaha Rx-v363
Speakers:2 Boston Acoustics A100's, 2 Pioneer HPM-60's
Headphones: Audio Technica M50, Sony MDR-XB500
Dr_Rez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 10:58 PM   #30 (permalink)
DO LIKE YOU.
 
P A N's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 623
Default

i just think he's a f*cking psycho. read this sh*t
(Cele|bitchy » Blog Archive » John Mayer’s Playboy interview: love & “hood passes” (update: apology))
and then try to tell me you think this guy is even remotely cool. in the context of hendrix, mayer realistically probably thinks he's not only better but way cooler than hendrix. dude's a dink. i don't care about your chops or your tone. if you're this totally lame, i'm going to bash you every chance i get.
P A N is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.