Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > The Lounge
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2006, 10:37 PM   #1441 (permalink)
Whitewater!
 
Merkaba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 2,885
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeppelinAir
how did the first being come to be, he had to be created, evolution doesnt say were it came from.
95% of evolution is about how we came to be.
__________________
She thinks I'm a reclusive genius, she's going to be very disappointed when she finds out i'm a reclusive wanker
Merkaba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 10:37 PM   #1442 (permalink)
butt say x
 
mosesandtherubberducky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: so i read the question as "Where YOU live" which was kinda funny instead of "Where you live"
Posts: 1,649
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggalo4life88
Stupid if you ask me. Christianity is all that's true........END OF STORY!

*shadowsurfer moment* Prove it
__________________
Can I have a youtube video for a sig? There's a thing that says "Wrap [YOUTUBE] tags around selected text"
mosesandtherubberducky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 10:38 PM   #1443 (permalink)
My home? Discabled,
 
Barnard17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Bristol, UK
Posts: 203
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeppelinAir
we are not the same person, and evolution just doesnt make sence to me, too many missing pieces, creation tells you exactly how things were made
This is, perhaps, the most moronic reasoning I've ever heard. Evolution has missing pieces because it works on evidence, it searches for evidence to fill the holes or, in cases where evidence is conflicting, it adapts it's theory to be more truthful. Creation tells you how things were made because, based purely on a book, it can wholly ignore evidence and just about everything else and give you a pre-scripted and factually baseless account.

Who would you rather do brain surgery? Somebody who has researched the human brain by dissecting it but admits they have much to learn, or someone who hasn't seen the insides of a head and just sat down and written a book about it but claims to know everything?
__________________


Vita brevis,
Occasio praeceps
Barnard17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 10:38 PM   #1444 (permalink)
Long time no see
 
ZeppelinAir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: somewhere in Michigan
Posts: 512
Default

95% were is the other 5%, the thing we all evolved from were did that come from.
__________________
not that old signature
ZeppelinAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 10:40 PM   #1445 (permalink)
ashes against the grain
 
tdoc210's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: new hampsha
Posts: 2,617
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeppelinAir
how did the first being come to be, he had to be created, evolution doesnt say were it came from.
maybe.. let me think....


heat, pressure..they msot likely formed arounf under sea volcanoes..its quite complex..you miniscule brain could not handle it
__________________
We went back there and they had come and hacked off every inoculated arm. There they were in a pile. A pile of little arms. And I remember... I... I... I cried. I wept like some grandmother. I wanted to tear my teeth out. I didn't know what I wanted to do. And I want to remember it. I never want to forget it. I never want to forget. And then I realized... like I was shot... like I was shot with a diamond... a diamond bullet right through my forehead. And I thought: My God... the genius of that.
tdoc210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 10:40 PM   #1446 (permalink)
My home? Discabled,
 
Barnard17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Bristol, UK
Posts: 203
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeppelinAir
how did the first being come to be, he had to be created, evolution doesnt say were it came from.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fal
Scientists have pretty strong evidence to suggest that, during the formation of the Earth, conditions were ideal to form simple proteins, and for these proteins to bind to form DNA and single cell organisms (as far as I know, they're been able to replicate the creation of proteins out of thin air). Single cell organisms, like amoeba, can live in the most extreme conditions and you'll commonly find them living near underwater volcanoes. Naturally, cells experience random mutations as genetic strains are corrupted or form differently. Sometimes this leads to a stronger life form, which survives. Speed this up a few million years and we're crawling out the water on our bellies. Speed it up a few more million and we're monkeys building huts.
Shit.


Not to mention that, asking an evolutionary scientist to explain the random formation of proteins and life is similar to asking a gynecologist to perform open heart surgery. They don't study similar areas, they don't try to and they don't claim to.
__________________


Vita brevis,
Occasio praeceps
Barnard17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 10:43 PM   #1447 (permalink)
butt say x
 
mosesandtherubberducky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: so i read the question as "Where YOU live" which was kinda funny instead of "Where you live"
Posts: 1,649
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fal
Shit.


Not to mention that, asking an evolutionary scientist to explain the random formation of proteins and life is similar to asking a gynecologist to perform open heart surgery. They don't study similar areas, they don't try to and they don't claim to.

Although the odds for the molecules to line up to form the proteins to make an ameba are so great it is considered impossible.
__________________
Can I have a youtube video for a sig? There's a thing that says "Wrap [YOUTUBE] tags around selected text"
mosesandtherubberducky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 10:43 PM   #1448 (permalink)
Whitewater!
 
Merkaba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 2,885
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeppelinAir
95% were is the other 5%, the thing we all evolved from were did that come from.
The truth in it's entirety doesn't magically fall out of thin air. This is what science is for, slowly discovering new evidence. Like a Jigsaw Puzzle, we're almost there.

How far away is religion from proving the entire truth?
__________________
She thinks I'm a reclusive genius, she's going to be very disappointed when she finds out i'm a reclusive wanker
Merkaba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 10:45 PM   #1449 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
bungalow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Hot-lanta
Posts: 3,140
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mosesandtherubberducky
Although the odds for the molecules to line up to form the proteins to make an ameba are so great it is considered impossible.
By who?
That is actually the commonly accepted scientific explanation for the first organism. The only person who would call it impossible is a Christian Zealot.
bungalow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 10:46 PM   #1450 (permalink)
My home? Discabled,
 
Barnard17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Bristol, UK
Posts: 203
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mosesandtherubberducky
Although the odds for the molecules to line up to form the proteins to make an ameba are so great it is considered impossible.
It still has an odds though. It'll take a lot of tries but they had millions of years floating about within which to do it, it's only inevitable that it happens at some point. Unless you mean for the purposes of the scientists reproducing an amoeba?
__________________


Vita brevis,
Occasio praeceps
Barnard17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.