Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > The Lounge
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2006, 08:31 PM   #1811 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Rabid Sea Turtles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: In the sea...
Posts: 252
Default

So by ended he meant, didn't end?
There is no inbetween, either it ended or it didn't.

I understand that the Civil War was a great help in having slavery legally abolished, but war has never put a definite end on anything.
Rabid Sea Turtles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 08:33 PM   #1812 (permalink)
isfckingdead
 
sleepy jack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 18,969
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabid Sea Turtles
So by ended he meant, didn't end?
There is no inbetween, either it ended or it didn't.
Did you ever consider, it ending didn't have to be a international thing? It could refer to a specific area where a war was fought over a said thing?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by METALLICA89 View Post
Ive seen you on muiltipul forums saying Metallica and slayer are the worst **** you kid go suck your **** while you listen to your ****ing emo **** I bet you do listen to emo music
sleepy jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 08:37 PM   #1813 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
under's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,056
Default

I hated this because I literally lost part of my family because of it.
under is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 08:38 PM   #1814 (permalink)
My home? Discabled,
 
Barnard17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Bristol, UK
Posts: 203
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by riseagainstrocks
I don't care what Howard Zim says. He's a liar and a communist.
It's so good to see people throwing off the shackles of McArthyism.

Quote:
Originally Posted by riseagainstrocks
and Neo Nazism popular in America? What are you going on about?
I mean that the movement of Neo Nazism in America is large and growing. I brought it up because tDoC said that the Nazi Party in Germany is popular. Not popular in the same way that the Democrat or Republican party is popular, obviously they remain a small minority with support of only a snip of the population, but they're still able to muster large rallies.
__________________


Vita brevis,
Occasio praeceps
Barnard17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 09:18 PM   #1815 (permalink)
Muck Fusic
 
IamAlejo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 1,575
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabid Sea Turtles
What war ended slavery?
The Emancipation Proclamtion took care of that, and it wasn't fully abolished for many years later.
The Emancipation Proclamation only freed slaves in Confederate territories, and if it weren't for the war Abraham Lincoln would have had no power to give that proclamation. Therefore, you are wrong. Without the war slavery wouldn't have ended in the US.


And to the others, I'm sorry I wasn't as specific and gave specific events for which I meant. I figured you all could figure it out on your own instead of picking on my how general I was. Gave you a little too much credit I guess.
__________________
a man, a plan, a canal, panama
IamAlejo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 09:20 PM   #1816 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Rabid Sea Turtles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: In the sea...
Posts: 252
Default

It being illegal, doesn't mean it has ended.
I guess heroin and crack cocaine usage has ended as well.
Rabid Sea Turtles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 09:24 PM   #1817 (permalink)
;)
 
cardboard adolescent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: CA
Posts: 3,502
Default

This is the most pointless argument. The point was, if it wasn't for wars, the world would probably be a much worse place (because Nazi Germany would probably be in control). So instead of arguing semantics, examine the actual argument that has been presented.
cardboard adolescent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 09:25 PM   #1818 (permalink)
Muck Fusic
 
IamAlejo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 1,575
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabid Sea Turtles
It being illegal, doesn't mean it has ended.
I guess heroin and crack cocaine usage has ended as well.
Haha, so you are taking my point and trying to push your extreme denial of the fact with some horrible justification? Nice.

Well how about we just say it's not "socially acceptable".
__________________
a man, a plan, a canal, panama
IamAlejo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 09:26 PM   #1819 (permalink)
Muck Fusic
 
IamAlejo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 1,575
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fal
I mean that the movement of Neo Nazism in America is large and growing. I brought it up because tDoC said that the Nazi Party in Germany is popular. Not popular in the same way that the Democrat or Republican party is popular, obviously they remain a small minority with support of only a snip of the population, but they're still able to muster large rallies.
The KKK can still as well and most of the time it's to show why they are the laughing stock that they are today.
__________________
a man, a plan, a canal, panama
IamAlejo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 10:21 PM   #1820 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
riseagainstrocks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: DC
Posts: 3,319
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fal
It's so good to see people throwing off the shackles of McArthyism.



I mean that the movement of Neo Nazism in America is large and growing. I brought it up because tDoC said that the Nazi Party in Germany is popular. Not popular in the same way that the Democrat or Republican party is popular, obviously they remain a small minority with support of only a snip of the population, but they're still able to muster large rallies.

I don't know about him being a commie (that part was a joke). But he is a liar.

and in that case, yeah. It's sad as hell.
__________________
One note timeless, came out of nowhere...
riseagainstrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.