Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > The Lounge
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2006, 10:28 PM   #2411 (permalink)
Full-Time Hellion
 
Raine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: PA
Posts: 1,531
Default

If you repent or confess to doing an immoral act (sin) but then commit the same act later, are you still redeemed i god's eye? (Assuming god exists)
__________________
A pair of powerful spectacles has sometimes sufficed to cure a person in love.

~ Friedrich Nietzsche
Raine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 10:36 PM   #2412 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
[MERIT]'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Missouri, USA
Posts: 4,811
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raine View Post
If you repent or confess to doing an immoral act (sin) but then commit the same act later, are you still redeemed i god's eye? (Assuming god exists)
After repenting for a sin, youre supposed to make a conscious effort to not do it again. If you try your best, avoid temptation, and still happen to do it again, then just repent and ask god for forgiveness and help. But if you just say "sorry god" and dont mean it, and go do the same thing the second you get out of church, then I'm not sure God will be so lenient.
[MERIT] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 10:40 PM   #2413 (permalink)
Full-Time Hellion
 
Raine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: PA
Posts: 1,531
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oojay View Post
After repenting for a sin, youre supposed to make a conscious effort to not do it again. If you try your best, avoid temptation, and still happen to do it again, then just repent and ask god for forgiveness and help. But if you just say "sorry god" and dont mean it, and go do the same thing the second you get out of church, then I'm not sure God will be so lenient.
what if its god's fault that you repeat the same sin over and over again
__________________
A pair of powerful spectacles has sometimes sufficed to cure a person in love.

~ Friedrich Nietzsche
Raine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 10:41 PM   #2414 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
[MERIT]'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Missouri, USA
Posts: 4,811
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raine View Post
what if its god's fault that you repeat the same sin over and over again
could you please elaborate or give an example?
[MERIT] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 10:46 PM   #2415 (permalink)
Full-Time Hellion
 
Raine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: PA
Posts: 1,531
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oojay View Post
could you please elaborate or give an example?
what if I were a kelptomaniac and so couldn't help my behavior.
__________________
A pair of powerful spectacles has sometimes sufficed to cure a person in love.

~ Friedrich Nietzsche
Raine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 10:47 PM   #2416 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
[MERIT]'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Missouri, USA
Posts: 4,811
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raine View Post
what if I were a kelptomaniac and so couldn't help my behavior.
how is you being a klepto God's fault?
[MERIT] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 10:48 PM   #2417 (permalink)
Full-Time Hellion
 
Raine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: PA
Posts: 1,531
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oojay View Post
how is you being a klepto God's fault?
let's pretend that it's a genetic disorder and I had it. And sicne god created me, it's his fault
__________________
A pair of powerful spectacles has sometimes sufficed to cure a person in love.

~ Friedrich Nietzsche
Raine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 10:48 PM   #2418 (permalink)
dontcareaboutyou
 
swim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 5,188
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oojay View Post
After repenting for a sin, youre supposed to make a conscious effort to not do it again. If you try your best, avoid temptation, and still happen to do it again, then just repent and ask god for forgiveness and help. But if you just say "sorry god" and dont mean it, and go do the same thing the second you get out of church, then I'm not sure God will be so lenient.
God will be just as lenient. He holds no grudge and is willing to give you the free slate anytime you're willing to take it. It's just untill you are truly sorry you aren't forgiven. So Raein it depends on the more than likely complex situation. But the simple way to put it is that if you're truly sorry you will be forgiven and to be truly sorry, atleast in my mind this is the way I look at it, if you change the way you think then you can be sincerely sorry. My logic behind that is say there's a poor guy who has no job and since he has no job he steals bread because he's hungry. Stealing is a sin. And he says to god I'm really sorry but I just don't have any food but the next day he steals again and he's says sorry but i just don't have any food then he can't be forgiven because hes doing the exact same thing over and over and not putting himself into a position where he can stop such as getting a job.
__________________
http://nakednaps.bandcamp.com/
swim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 10:51 PM   #2419 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
[MERIT]'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Missouri, USA
Posts: 4,811
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimintheundertow View Post
God will be just as lenient. He holds no grudge and is willing to give you the free slate anytime you're willing to take it. It's just untill you are truly sorry you aren't forgiven. So Raein it depends on the more than likely complex situation. But the simple way to put it is that if you're truly sorry you will be forgiven and to be truly sorry, atleast in my mind this is the way I look at it, if you change the way you think then you can be sincerely sorry. My logic behind that is say there's a poor guy who has no job and since he has no job he steals bread because he's hungry. Stealing is a sin. And he says to god I'm really sorry but I just don't have any food but the next day he steals again and he's says sorry but i just don't have any food then he can't be forgiven because hes doing the exact same thing over and over and not putting himself into a position where he can stop such as getting a job.
O.............M................G. where were you 2 hours ago?
[MERIT] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 10:52 PM   #2420 (permalink)
dontcareaboutyou
 
swim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 5,188
Default

Watching saw2 at my dad's friends house. Yea, I'm pretty upset I missed the religous mudslinging fest. I would've tore you a new one. I know the bible like no other nihlist, ya mofo.
__________________
http://nakednaps.bandcamp.com/
swim is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.