Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > The Lounge
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2006, 06:08 PM   #2541 (permalink)
isfckingdead
 
sleepy jack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 18,969
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raine View Post
there are so many things to be said about Bush.
He said on national television that the only reason he won the re election was because of his Christian values.


PS: what's your sig mean? i have an idea but. . . I'm not sure.
I don't think theres anything wrong with that, the majority of christian values are good.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by METALLICA89 View Post
Ive seen you on muiltipul forums saying Metallica and slayer are the worst **** you kid go suck your **** while you listen to your ****ing emo **** I bet you do listen to emo music
sleepy jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 06:09 PM   #2542 (permalink)
Full-Time Hellion
 
Raine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: PA
Posts: 1,531
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
I don't think theres anything wrong with that, the majority of christian values are good.
it depends on the branch of christainity and the value.
__________________
A pair of powerful spectacles has sometimes sufficed to cure a person in love.

~ Friedrich Nietzsche
Raine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 06:30 PM   #2543 (permalink)
ashes against the grain
 
tdoc210's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: new hampsha
Posts: 2,617
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raine View Post
there are so many things to be said about Bush.
He said on national television that the only reason he won the re election was because of his Christian values.


PS: what's your sig mean? i have an idea but. . . I'm not sure.
My sig means that whatever you get involve din, its just a taste, so you better drink deep, because you could be left out to dry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
I don't think theres anything wrong with that, the majority of christian values are good.
yesi agree mainly with peace and equality ( well the original teachings of christ)
but my main problem with any organized religion, is the distortion, and the radicals. That just ruins the message
__________________
We went back there and they had come and hacked off every inoculated arm. There they were in a pile. A pile of little arms. And I remember... I... I... I cried. I wept like some grandmother. I wanted to tear my teeth out. I didn't know what I wanted to do. And I want to remember it. I never want to forget it. I never want to forget. And then I realized... like I was shot... like I was shot with a diamond... a diamond bullet right through my forehead. And I thought: My God... the genius of that.
tdoc210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 06:40 PM   #2544 (permalink)
Full-Time Hellion
 
Raine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: PA
Posts: 1,531
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamagarmr View Post
My sig means that whatever you get involve din, its just a taste, so you better drink deep, because you could be left out to dry



yesi agree mainly with peace and equality ( well the original teachings of christ)
but my main problem with any organized religion, is the distortion, and the radicals. That just ruins the message
*whips out bible*

there isn't much equality between the sexes being preached about in the first book of corinthians chapter 11 verse 7-11.

And maybe I'm reading too much into it but it would seem as though that whoeevr wrote this particular book was narrow minded and perhaps did a little too much traveling.

Just thought I'd say that.
__________________
A pair of powerful spectacles has sometimes sufficed to cure a person in love.

~ Friedrich Nietzsche
Raine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 06:47 PM   #2545 (permalink)
isfckingdead
 
sleepy jack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 18,969
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raine View Post
*whips out bible*

there isn't much equality between the sexes being preached about in the first book of corinthians chapter 11 verse 7-11.

And maybe I'm reading too much into it but it would seem as though that whoeevr wrote this particular book was narrow minded and perhaps did a little too much traveling.

Just thought I'd say that.
Lets read on though shall we?

"In the Lord, however, woman is not independent of man, nor is man independent of woman. For as woman came from man, so also man is born of woman. But everything comes from God."

Yeah thats the definition of sexism right there.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by METALLICA89 View Post
Ive seen you on muiltipul forums saying Metallica and slayer are the worst **** you kid go suck your **** while you listen to your ****ing emo **** I bet you do listen to emo music
sleepy jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 06:49 PM   #2546 (permalink)
The Sexual Intellectual
 
Urban Hat€monger ?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Somewhere cooler than you
Posts: 18,447
Default

I hate it when people take the bible at face value & start throwing verses at you.

It`s a book of ideals & parables , not a f*cking rulebook.
__________________



Urb's RYM Stuff

Most people sell their soul to the devil, but the devil sells his soul to Nick Cave.
Urban Hat€monger ? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 06:50 PM   #2547 (permalink)
Full-Time Hellion
 
Raine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: PA
Posts: 1,531
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
Lets read on though shall we?

"In the Lord, however, woman is not independent of man, nor is man independent of woman. For as woman came from man, so also man is born of woman. But everything comes from God."

Yeah thats the definition of sexism right there.
"For a man indeed ought not to cover his head, forasmuch as he is the image and glory of God: but the woman is the glory of the man."
__________________
A pair of powerful spectacles has sometimes sufficed to cure a person in love.

~ Friedrich Nietzsche
Raine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 06:51 PM   #2548 (permalink)
ashes against the grain
 
tdoc210's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: new hampsha
Posts: 2,617
Default

yeah. i dont follow the bible at all, just thought jesus msut be pretty chill if he actually was all aboutt peace
but i dont beleive in god no. well not in that sense at least
__________________
We went back there and they had come and hacked off every inoculated arm. There they were in a pile. A pile of little arms. And I remember... I... I... I cried. I wept like some grandmother. I wanted to tear my teeth out. I didn't know what I wanted to do. And I want to remember it. I never want to forget it. I never want to forget. And then I realized... like I was shot... like I was shot with a diamond... a diamond bullet right through my forehead. And I thought: My God... the genius of that.
tdoc210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 06:51 PM   #2549 (permalink)
we became a carcass!
 
bruise_violet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Yorkshire
Posts: 383
Default

30 years after the Equal Pay Act (gender and race should not influence pay) women STILL only get 82p where men get £1, for exactly the same job.

I've just burnt my bra.
__________________

in love with the stumps,

in love with the bleeding!

in love with the pain that you now feel...



bruise_violet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 06:53 PM   #2550 (permalink)
Full-Time Hellion
 
Raine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: PA
Posts: 1,531
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruise_violet View Post
30 years after the Equal Pay Act (gender and race should not influence pay) women STILL only get 82p where men get £1, for exactly the same job.

I've just burnt my bra.
welcome to my side
__________________
A pair of powerful spectacles has sometimes sufficed to cure a person in love.

~ Friedrich Nietzsche
Raine is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.