Music Banter

Music Banter (https://www.musicbanter.com/)
-   The Lounge (https://www.musicbanter.com/lounge/)
-   -   Stupidity (https://www.musicbanter.com/lounge/4772-stupidity.html)

TheCunningStunt 08-05-2010 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Urban Hatemonger (Post 912795)
Sorry, I won't use it ever again.

Don't make promises you know you can't keep :nono:

Freebase Dali 08-05-2010 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hissundaygirl09. (Post 913763)
awww at least you appreciate me unlike somebody!! i needed to add some fun here :) :bowdown:

:rofl:

Dr.Seussicide 08-05-2010 09:25 PM

This is a good thread. Definitely.

hissundaygirl09. 08-05-2010 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freebase Dali (Post 913783)
:rofl:

awww yesss

hissundaygirl09. 08-05-2010 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr.Seussicide (Post 913786)
This is a good thread. Definitely.

yaa because i came along :thumb:

Dr.Seussicide 08-05-2010 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hissundaygirl09. (Post 913794)
yaa because i came along :thumb:

Of course ;)

hissundaygirl09. 08-05-2010 09:35 PM

yeahh this thread needs some fun :) ^^

Freebase Dali 08-05-2010 09:38 PM

You, my dear, are the primary provider.

hissundaygirl09. 08-05-2010 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freebase Dali (Post 913802)
You, my dear, are the primary provider.

ohh hell yess :)

bannister 08-06-2010 02:07 AM

"You know those poor people... the people on the side of the roads? The streetless people? They're so sad."

- my cousin, who is 15, male, and NOT developmentally disabled, on homeless people.

I guess that's what happens when you grow up in a gated community.

hissundaygirl09. 08-07-2010 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freebase Dali (Post 913802)
You, my dear, are the primary provider.

ohh i am the provider ;) :p:

cardboard adolescent 08-08-2010 02:32 PM

When one of my friends heard that Russia had declared war on Georgia, they wanted to call one of their friends in Atlanta and make sure they were OK.

Freebase Dali 08-08-2010 02:49 PM

I think my mom, bless her heart, is the stupidest person I know. I'm going to hell for saying that, but it's true.

Mom: *sneezing 14 times*
Me: "You should sneeze through your nose or something, maybe whatever's in there will get blown out and stop irritating it?"
Mom: "No way!"
Me: "Why not?"
Mom: "Because you can die like that!"
Me: "What?"
Mom: "The pressure can make your brains explode out your ears and you need to stop trying to get me to sneeze through my nose so I'll die."

Or...

Mom: "I don't believe in doctors. I'm not going to one. If I go they're going to make me get surgery on my back and I'm going to be in a wheel chair for the rest of my life."
Me: "Mom, it's for a prescription."
Mom: "I don't believe in prescriptions."

Or..

Mom: "The only reason you didn't die in Iraq is because I prayed for you."
Me: "I was never in any real danger."
Mom: "You still would have died."

Or...

Me: "Mom, you should stop smoking. That cough is really getting bad. I don't want you to get cancer"
Mom: "I won't get cancer. I pray about it."
Me: "So there's never been a case of a Christian dying of cancer?"
Mom: "No. And if there is, they weren't Christian enough."


FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCKK

James 08-08-2010 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freebase Dali (Post 915329)
I think my mom, bless her heart, is the stupidest person I know. I'm going to hell for saying that, but it's true.

Mom: *sneezing 14 times*
Me: "You should sneeze through your nose or something, maybe whatever's in there will get blown out and stop irritating it?"
Mom: "No way!"
Me: "Why not?"
Mom: "Because you can die like that!"
Me: "What?"
Mom: "The pressure can make your brains explode out your ears and you need to stop trying to get me to sneeze through my nose so I'll die."

Or...

Mom: "I don't believe in doctors. I'm not going to one. If I go they're going to make me get surgery on my back and I'm going to be in a wheel chair for the rest of my life."
Me: "Mom, it's for a prescription."
Mom: "I don't believe in prescriptions."

Or..

Mom: "The only reason you didn't die in Iraq is because I prayed for you."
Me: "I was never in any real danger."
Mom: "You still would have died."

Or...

Me: "Mom, you should stop smoking. That cough is really getting bad. I don't want you to get cancer"
Mom: "I won't get cancer. I pray about it."
Me: "So there's never been a case of a Christian dying of cancer?"
Mom: "No. And if there is, they weren't Christian enough."


FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCKK

Oh my god, i'm laughing so much right now.

Dr.Seussicide 08-08-2010 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freebase Dali (Post 915329)
Me: "Mom, you should stop smoking. That cough is really getting bad. I don't want you to get cancer"
Mom: "I won't get cancer. I pray about it."
Me: "So there's never been a case of a Christian dying of cancer?"
Mom: "No. And if there is, they weren't Christian enough."


FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCKK

This one is good.

hissundaygirl09. 08-08-2010 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cardboard adolescent (Post 915315)
When one of my friends heard that Russia had declared war on Georgia, they wanted to call one of their friends in Atlanta and make sure they were OK.

wtf???

glastonelle 08-09-2010 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freebase Dali (Post 915329)
I think my mom, bless her heart, is the stupidest person I know. I'm going to hell for saying that, but it's true.

Mom: *sneezing 14 times*
Me: "You should sneeze through your nose or something, maybe whatever's in there will get blown out and stop irritating it?"
Mom: "No way!"
Me: "Why not?"
Mom: "Because you can die like that!"
Me: "What?"
Mom: "The pressure can make your brains explode out your ears and you need to stop trying to get me to sneeze through my nose so I'll die."

Or...

Mom: "I don't believe in doctors. I'm not going to one. If I go they're going to make me get surgery on my back and I'm going to be in a wheel chair for the rest of my life."
Me: "Mom, it's for a prescription."
Mom: "I don't believe in prescriptions."

Or..

Mom: "The only reason you didn't die in Iraq is because I prayed for you."
Me: "I was never in any real danger."
Mom: "You still would have died."

Or...

Me: "Mom, you should stop smoking. That cough is really getting bad. I don't want you to get cancer"
Mom: "I won't get cancer. I pray about it."
Me: "So there's never been a case of a Christian dying of cancer?"
Mom: "No. And if there is, they weren't Christian enough."


FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCKK

Your mums a legend :laughing:

and you went to Iraq???

SATCHMO 08-09-2010 12:36 AM

Oh my aching brain cells.

I feel stupid enough for this thread.

Freebase Dali 08-09-2010 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glastonelle (Post 915636)
Your mums a legend :laughing:

and you went to Iraq???

Yea, was in the Army for 6 years. When I told my folks I was getting deployed my mom freaked. I told her I do network administration and it's not like I'm out on the streets getting shot at, but she somehow still thought I was going to die.
I guess her logic was: Person + Iraq = you gonna die.

crash_override 08-09-2010 11:38 AM

So in my office, we work with security clearances for the military. Part of that is assessing threats levels for foreign travel. We had an officer come in one day saying he was going on vacation to Europe and needed to complete the necessary paperwork. So my boss grabs the list that lists the threat levels of different countries throughout the world and this is the conversation that follows:

Boss: "Europe isn't on here"
Me: That's because Europe is a continent, not a country."
Boss: "Oh"
Me (to officer): "Sir, what countries will you be visiting?"
Officer: "UK"
Boss: "Oh no, Ukraine is high threat."

FML. I'm subordinate to these people.

Freebase Dali 08-09-2010 11:43 AM

^ Wow.....

Burning Down 08-09-2010 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crash_override (Post 915974)
So in my office, we work with security clearances for the military. Part of that is assessing threats levels for foreign travel. We had an officer come in one day saying he was going on vacation to Europe and needed to complete the necessary paperwork. So my boss grabs the list that lists the threat levels of different countries throughout the world and this is the conversation that follows:

Boss: "Europe isn't on here"
Me: That's because Europe is a continent, not a country."
Boss: "Oh"
Me (to officer): "Sir, what countries will you be visiting?"
Officer: "UK"
Boss: "Oh no, Ukraine is high threat."

FML. I'm subordinate to these people.

Sounds like your boss didn't do very well in his high school Geography class.

Yesterday afternoon, my aunt in L.A. called and left a message. My mom played the message, and the machine tells you what time the message was left. It said 4:00 PM. In her message, my aunt said that it was 1:00 PM (LA time of course). So here's where the stupid part comes in:

Mom: The machine says the message was left at 4:00, but your aunt called at 1:00. I know she did! She says so in her message! The machine's time must be off.

Me: L.A. is 3 hours behind Toronto, Mom. So if she called us at 4:00, that means it was 1:00 there.

Mom: Ooohhhhh......

WOW.

TheCunningStunt 08-09-2010 02:08 PM

Come on, we've all had a time difference stupid moment.

crash_override 08-09-2010 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheCunningStunt (Post 916046)
Come on, we've all had a time difference stupid moment.

Agreed, I'm in California and a lot of the people we work with are in D.C., Denver, and Hawaii and I get it jacked up all the time.

Zaqarbal 08-09-2010 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheCunningStunt (Post 916046)
Come on, we've all had a time difference stupid moment.

Yes. And a door stupid moment. Remember that time you pushed a door and.... fail!! And then, only then, you look up and see that big and clear sign in front of you:



And then your voice of conscience: H-O-W . C-A-N . Y-O-U . B-E . S-O . S-T-U-P-I-D ?. Haven't you seen the sign, STUPID?

Our consolation is that there is always someone even more stupid:







Freebase Dali 08-09-2010 05:36 PM

^ Haha... that is the best automatic door fail ever.

"Door. How you open? I don't know how. I try RUN THROUGH YOU! with small headbutt!"

TheCunningStunt 08-09-2010 05:37 PM

I think everyone reads the sign, but just loses the concept of push and pull. So they take a 50/50 gamble, a quick tug and if that doesn't work a swift push. That's what I do, I like to think I look less stupid because it's one quick movement. But the door one is definitely stupid.

BethanyLove 08-11-2010 01:12 PM

"Bethany, how do you spell 'tired'?"
- My dear mumsy.

iron9567 08-11-2010 05:56 PM

My wife last nite said the following

Wife:
these predate cd's don't they?
( was asking about floppy discs)

Me:
laughed at her and said no they are new technology lol

needless to say she had the look on her face. where she realized how stupid her question was as soon as she got my reply.

cardboard adolescent 08-11-2010 07:03 PM

3 1/2 inch floppy discs have been around pretty much just as long as compact discs. floppy discs in general have been around a while longer, 8 inch floppy discs predate compact discs by a little more than a decade. still, not that stupid. BE NICER TO YOUR WIFE!

The Bullet 08-11-2010 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freebase Dali (Post 915329)
I think my mom, bless her heart, is the stupidest person I know. I'm going to hell for saying that, but it's true.

Mom: *sneezing 14 times*
Me: "You should sneeze through your nose or something, maybe whatever's in there will get blown out and stop irritating it?"
Mom: "No way!"
Me: "Why not?"
Mom: "Because you can die like that!"
Me: "What?"
Mom: "The pressure can make your brains explode out your ears and you need to stop trying to get me to sneeze through my nose so I'll die."

Me: "Mom, you should stop smoking. That cough is really getting bad. I don't want you to get cancer"
Mom: "I won't get cancer. I pray about it."
Me: "So there's never been a case of a Christian dying of cancer?"
Mom: "No. And if there is, they weren't Christian enough."

The other two I can kind of see (not that they arn't stupid), but GOD this is REALLY stupid. Fuck, the first one is so stupid I don't believe it's real.

Freebase Dali 08-14-2010 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iron9567 (Post 917297)
My wife last nite said the following

Wife:
these predate cd's don't they?
( was asking about floppy discs)

Me:
laughed at her and said no they are new technology lol

needless to say she had the look on her face. where she realized how stupid her question was as soon as she got my reply.


Being nice to your wife predates getting sex from her.

Freebase Dali 08-14-2010 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bullet (Post 917384)
The other two I can kind of see (not that they arn't stupid), but GOD this is REALLY stupid. Fuck, the first one is so stupid I don't believe it's real.

It's real. She's the kind of person who, when she was a child, took to heart all the old wives tales and never gave them any rational thought throughout her life to realize that they aren't real.
I think she dropped out in the 8th grade too, and has been a housewife her whole life. No one has ever challenged her beliefs, nor has she ever needed a reason to challenge them herself.
That's why she seems so stupid. I personally think she's just really ignorant with a capacity to learn, but far too hard-headed to try.

She won't believe me when I try to explain to her that lungs aren't "bags of air", and you can't "break the bag if you breathe too deeply".

Oh, and she doesn't believe in science. Her take is "Science is always changing their minds about stuff, so I don't believe anything they say".
She's the kind of person that takes EVERYTHING in the bible literally, and believes all of it happened.

The Bullet 08-18-2010 07:14 PM

That's sad. Anyways, I came here to post this:


Burning Down 08-18-2010 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bullet (Post 920101)
That's sad. Anyways, I came here to post this:


WTF was that? I think my IQ dropped a few points after watching that. Peanut butter is not a living thing, so I'm pretty sure it can't create life. It only sustains life because it contains nutrients necessary for survival. The mold thing made me laugh. Mold (the outside life according to them) is the product of warm air, moisture, bacteria and fungi that is already present - outside sources coming together. The mold then feeds off the PB (or whatever is moldy). Those people are so ignorant!

CAPTAIN CAVEMAN 08-19-2010 01:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bullet (Post 920101)
That's sad. Anyways, I came here to post this:


this is literally the stupidest thing i have ever seen and morons such as these - especially those with enough resources to spread their delusional ideas - need to be disposed of.

Guybrush 08-19-2010 03:59 AM

Haha, that's the best thing I've seen in a long time :p:

A main problem is of course that life is not expected to suddenly pop into existence in the shape of a cell. Rather, it is expected to have started with tiny replicating molecules that slowly evolved over millions and millions and millions of years, becoming more and more advanced .. a process which eventually resulted in cellular life and also non-cellular replicators like viruses.

You can't expect that to happen almost spontaneously in a jar of peanut butter :p:

The Bullet 08-19-2010 08:31 AM

I know (well, knew) someone who worked at a restraunt in Monterey, California (I think... somewhere around there) on the beach. From across the bay, you can see the end of the SF peninsula, in a view that kind of makes it look like an island. A woman asked if it was Hawaii.

Guybrush 08-19-2010 08:50 AM

Poking fun at stupid creationists, this vid is of course a classic. These guys are reading and acting to the camera posts made on christian fundamentalist forums. Hehe ..


The Bullet 08-19-2010 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tore (Post 920230)
Poking fun at stupid creationists, this vid is of course a classic. These guys are reading and acting to the camera posts made on christian fundamentalist forums. Hehe ..


wow...


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:08 PM.


© 2003-2022 Advameg, Inc.