The Confessional Thread - Music Banter Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > The Lounge
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2015, 12:32 PM   #3071 (permalink)
Toasted Poster
 
Chula Vista's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: SoCal by way of Boston
Posts: 11,332
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by YorkeDaddy View Post
Orphidouche.
Not cool. At all. Find a mirror.
__________________

“The fact that we live at the bottom of a deep gravity well,
on the surface of a gas covered planet going around a nuclear fireball 90 million miles away
and think this to be normal is obviously some indication of how skewed our perspective tends to be.”
Chula Vista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 12:33 PM   #3072 (permalink)
silky smooth
 
YorkeDaddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Pangaea
Posts: 4,079
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
Not cool. At all. Find a mirror.
I've called him that before and will continue to
__________________
http://cloudcover1.bandcamp.com/
http://daydreamsociety.bandcamp.com/

9-Time Winner of MusicBanter's "Most Qualified to be a Moderator" Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
On this one your voice is kind of weird but really intense and awesome
YorkeDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 12:34 PM   #3073 (permalink)
Ask me how!
 
Oriphiel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: The States
Posts: 5,357
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Hat€monger ? View Post
I didn't ask him anything, I asked the other mods.

He replied.

As he doesn't get involved in moderating unless something is very wrong I explained the seriousness, and also because a thread had been filled with 30 PAGES OF SHIT. Which is bad for even this place.

I have explained all of this to you before. What's with the bee in your bonnet?
Because you made us feel like garbage by saying that we were disappointing the owners and that we should leave MB because we're "not wanted here", causing everyone to fight like they've never fought before over who was the "worst", and who was to blame. And your sole justification for saying that the owners were mad at us was that you asked a question, and Yac gave you the only possible answer that he as an admin could give. You asked the mods if The Lounge could be better, and he said "sure, it can get pretty clique-y. Do whatever you want." At that point, nobody would have blamed you for closing down some hot threads, but shaming us and trying to scare us into being good by saying that the owners were mad at us and "ordering" you to take action was uncalled for. For reference, here's his response:

Quote:
Originally Posted by yac
If I may
I don't want to tell you have to be mods here, I know you all know what is what.
From my perspective though, and keeping in mind city-data has a lot more rules than mb, the Lounge is a bit too relaxed for its own good.
It's great when members talk to each other, know each other, when members are friends. But at some point it stops being friendly, and starts being .. cliquish, so to say. When you have friends discussing things, it's good. But when they take any discussion and turn it into (even if friendly and/or funny) banter, insults and general off topic comments .. well, it's not good. Selected few are having fun, the rest -not so much.
Just some food for thought.
Yac.
You want to talk about 30 pages of excrement? Here: http://www.musicbanter.com/announcem...ed-read-7.html In less than half the time that the SYG thread racked up it's "30 pages of ****", your announcement thread turned into a flame war that was just as long, and twice as bad. If you had just cleaned up The Lounge without the pointless blaming and shaming, do you really think this would have happened?

Quote:
Originally Posted by YorkeDaddy View Post
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

A perfect summary of all three members

Is there any way we can do a find+replace and take every word Orphidouche has ever said and replace it with "Whine"?
Thanks for that.
Oriphiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 12:34 PM   #3074 (permalink)
Oracle
 
RoxyRollah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Closer then you think.....
Posts: 4,365
Default

Dude...Stay outta this one with one liners..YD has got it under control.

Edit: Ninjas. sigh.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuitarBizarre View Post
Roxy is unable to perpetrate violence. It always somehow turns into BDSM between two consenting adults.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland
I just want to say your tits are lovely.
Quote:
Originally Posted by grindy View Post
Roxy is the William S. Burroughs of our time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neapolitan View Post
I like Roxy, she's awesome and her taste in music far exceeds yours. Roxy is in the Major League bro, and you're like a sad clown in a two bit rodeo.
RoxyRollah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 12:49 PM   #3075 (permalink)
Zum Henker Defätist!!
 
The Batlord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 48,216
Default

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.R.R. Tolkien
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 05:08 PM   #3076 (permalink)
Fck Ths Thngs
 
DwnWthVwls's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: NJ
Posts: 6,261
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oriphiel View Post
You were the one who closed it, before Vanilla reopened it. I'm not sure who finally pulled the plug on it for good, but it was only closed in the first place because you claimed that the owners were "warning" us, which turned out to be a lie. I'd quote the post where you shut it down, but I can't, since the thread was erased from existence rather than just stuck in the graveyard with the other dead/locked threads.
Like the Enron records in Building 7. Woah! Come at me.
__________________
I don't got a god complex, you got a simple god...

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
I'd vote for Trump
DwnWthVwls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 08:26 PM   #3077 (permalink)
GuD
Dude... What?
 
GuD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 1,322
Default

I miss having feelings that felt important.
GuD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 08:32 PM   #3078 (permalink)
Ask me how!
 
Oriphiel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: The States
Posts: 5,357
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhateverDude View Post
I miss having feelings that felt important.
Hey, WhateverDude! It's been a really long time since we plugged together. There are seven of us in right now, if you want to join.
Oriphiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 09:17 PM   #3079 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 2,235
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oriphiel View Post
First of all, don't bring nazis into this. Second of all, people can be awfully hypocritical when it comes to cops; they criticize them when they follow the rules and the laws that have been established by society, and they demonize them if they don't. There is literally no way for them to please everyone, so I would much rather have them just follow the law rather than bend the rules whenever they feel like making exceptions. If you don't like the laws, don't blame the cops; that responsibility falls into the realm of the voting public, and our politicians. Expecting a cop to just rewrite laws to follow their own personal morality would lead to more bad situations than it would lead to good ones (for example, cops killing suspects that they think are guilty without actually trying them in court, forcing confessions out of people so that their arrests/cases solved record is beefed up, planting evidence on people that they don't like, shaking people down for protection money because they think they deserve the extra cash, etc.).
why is it that every time you come at me you seem to change the argument into some **** that i wasn't even talking about. i'm not bitching at cops for following orders. i'm saying don't become a cop if you don't agree with the law. or if you do, then own up to the fact that you are basically making a compromise for pay.

Quote:
And don't call obeying procedural law "compromising their principles". The main "principle" of a good cop isn't to impose their own specific brand of morality onto everyone, it's to provide equal justice as it has been established by society. Saying that cops are compromising their principles for following a set of laws that is created by and applies to everyone is like saying that a society is compromising it's principles for being secular, rather than having the ruler force their religious belief onto everyone.
no, that's a ****ty analogy. let's say you don't agree with abortion, but i say hey if i give you 10,000 dollars can i get this abortion real quick? and you say yes. you just decided to overlook your stance on an issue for pay. or say i'm a democrat but a republican agency comes and offers me 100 dollars a day to put up their signs. once again i'm compromising what i think for the sake of getting a paycheck. explain to me exactly how this is different from not agreeing that lets say drugs should be illegal, but taking a job where one of your main tasks is to arrest people for drugs?
John Wilkes Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 09:23 PM   #3080 (permalink)
Toasted Poster
 
Chula Vista's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: SoCal by way of Boston
Posts: 11,332
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Wilkes Booth View Post

no, that's a ****ty analogy. let's say you don't agree with abortion, but i say hey if i give you 10,000 dollars can i get this abortion real quick? and you say yes. you just decided to overlook your stance on an issue for pay. or say i'm a democrat but a republican agency comes and offers me 100 dollars a day to put up their signs. once again i'm compromising what i think for the sake of getting a paycheck. explain to me exactly how this is different from not agreeing that lets say drugs should be illegal, but taking a job where one of your main tasks is to arrest people for drugs?
Step away from the bottle....
__________________

“The fact that we live at the bottom of a deep gravity well,
on the surface of a gas covered planet going around a nuclear fireball 90 million miles away
and think this to be normal is obviously some indication of how skewed our perspective tends to be.”
Chula Vista is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2024 Advameg, Inc.