Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > The Lounge
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

View Poll Results: Do you agree with the war in Iraq?
Yes 6 13.64%
No 38 86.36%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2005, 08:19 PM   #31 (permalink)
Muck Fusic
 
IamAlejo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 1,575
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by adidasss
at the end of the day, i don't think anyone can dispute the fact that the war was a hostile invasion of another country without any provocation
Question. What exactly is provocation? Waiting to be attacked first, then you have been "provoked" so you can attack back? Sounds foolish to me.
__________________
a man, a plan, a canal, panama
IamAlejo is offline  
Old 08-12-2005, 06:56 AM   #32 (permalink)
Me llamo Marijan
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Kuala Lumpur
Posts: 6,983
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamAlejo
Question. What exactly is provocation? Waiting to be attacked first, then you have been "provoked" so you can attack back? Sounds foolish to me.
...wow...............wow.........so what you're saying is that iraq was planing to attack the us? so if some guy is looking at you funny do you take a baseball bat and clobber him, cuz hey, he MIGHT have attacked you? say, maybe croatia should attack italy, i'm not sure but i think they might attack us one day...yes yes, i see your point.....( dear God in heaven...i'm in the twilight zone again....)
adidasss is offline  
Old 08-12-2005, 08:27 AM   #33 (permalink)
pastor of muppets
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamAlejo
Kennedy really wasn't that great of a President. Popular? Yes, mostly because of his age and persona, but a good President? Hardly.
well, there was that major cuban missile crisis he managed to avert, but hey, he mighta got lucky....
 
Old 08-12-2005, 08:28 AM   #34 (permalink)
pastor of muppets
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sikoholickkouboi
Oh, and "war for peace" is NOT an oxymoron. Peace won't spread everywhere without FIGHTING for it.
yes but fighting in a non-violent matter is the key... otherwise the attention goes away from the matter at hand...
 
Old 08-12-2005, 08:37 AM   #35 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
riseagainstrocks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: DC
Posts: 3,319
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pastor of muppets
well, there was that major cuban missile crisis he managed to avert, but hey, he mighta got lucky....
inaction produced good fruit in that crisis
__________________
One note timeless, came out of nowhere...
riseagainstrocks is offline  
Old 08-12-2005, 08:39 AM   #36 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
riseagainstrocks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: DC
Posts: 3,319
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by adidasss
...wow...............wow.........so what you're saying is that iraq was planing to attack the us? so if some guy is looking at you funny do you take a baseball bat and clobber him, cuz hey, he MIGHT have attacked you? say, maybe croatia should attack italy, i'm not sure but i think they might attack us one day...yes yes, i see your point.....( dear God in heaven...i'm in the twilight zone again....)

and while i understand what you are saying, at the time there was a very legitimate threat of violence from iraq either against out embassies overseas or Isreal in the form of chemical weapons (which by the way he did have and did use, against his own people no less). Saddam Hussien publicly threatened American lives overseas and that was cause enough to take him out of a position of power.
__________________
One note timeless, came out of nowhere...
riseagainstrocks is offline  
Old 08-12-2005, 09:03 AM   #37 (permalink)
pastor of muppets
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by riseagainstrocks
inaction produced good fruit in that crisis
ah but others may have taken action....
 
Old 08-12-2005, 10:48 AM   #38 (permalink)
Me llamo Marijan
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Kuala Lumpur
Posts: 6,983
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by riseagainstrocks
and while i understand what you are saying, at the time there was a very legitimate threat of violence from iraq either against out embassies overseas or Isreal in the form of chemical weapons (which by the way he did have and did use, against his own people no less). Saddam Hussien publicly threatened American lives overseas and that was cause enough to take him out of a position of power.
may i remind you that a threat of violence is not violence, and can you explain why the united states feels the need to fight israels battles? when was it that israel became the 51 state? claiming that america had a legitimate reason for attacking Iraq defies logic, the main reason for attacking Iraq ( according to George Bush ) was americas belief that Iraq was hiding weapons of mass destruction . After Mr. Bush asked Mr. Hussein to allow the UN observers to inspect his palace and other locations, Mr. Hussein refused, which Mr. Bush saw as reason enough to invade the country. As it turns out, Iraq didn't have weapons of mass destruction .....WOOOOOPPSSS!!MY BAD.....SORRYYYYY.....and what kills me is that nobody is raising that exact question, that the main reason for the invasion did not , in fact, exist. in a normal world, that would be a reason for impeachment and criminal prosecution.....
adidasss is offline  
Old 08-12-2005, 10:49 AM   #39 (permalink)
i am the cookie monster
 
marshmallowmonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: in the middle of ****ing nowhere
Posts: 122
Default

im a pacifist as much as i can be so no.
marshmallowmonkey is offline  
Old 08-12-2005, 12:38 PM   #40 (permalink)
Muck Fusic
 
IamAlejo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 1,575
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pastor of muppets
well, there was that major cuban missile crisis he managed to avert, but hey, he mighta got lucky....
*cough* bay of pigs *cough*
__________________
a man, a plan, a canal, panama
IamAlejo is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.