Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > The Lounge
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

View Poll Results: Do you agree with the war in Iraq?
Yes 6 13.64%
No 38 86.36%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2005, 12:40 PM   #41 (permalink)
Muck Fusic
 
IamAlejo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 1,575
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by adidasss
may i remind you that a threat of violence is not violence, and can you explain why the united states feels the need to fight israels battles? when was it that israel became the 51 state?
Cause we went to World War II, were one of the major reasons that the Allied Powers won that war, and one of the results of that war was the creation of the state of Israel in 1948. That's why.
__________________
a man, a plan, a canal, panama
IamAlejo is offline  
Old 08-12-2005, 12:46 PM   #42 (permalink)
Muck Fusic
 
IamAlejo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 1,575
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by adidasss
After Mr. Bush asked Mr. Hussein to allow the UN observers to inspect his palace and other locations, Mr. Hussein refused, which Mr. Bush saw as reason enough to invade the country. As it turns out, Iraq didn't have weapons of mass destruction .....WOOOOOPPSSS!!MY BAD.....SORRYYYYY.....and what kills me is that nobody is raising that exact question, that the main reason for the invasion did not , in fact, exist. in a normal world, that would be a reason for impeachment and criminal prosecution.....
Okay, you have to be blind to the obvious. We warned Hussein for months that we were going to come in if he didn't allow weapons inspectors in. Now, I know Hussein might not be the smartest tool in the shed, but don't you think of after all those months, he probably would have moved/hid them to another territory? I mean, you throw a party, and your parents tell you that they're coming home on Saturday. You'd have to be an idiot not to pick everything up and get it out the house by Saturday.

Quote:
so what you're saying is that iraq was planing to attack the us? so if some guy is looking at you funny do you take a baseball bat and clobber him
Almost, but in more of an intense way. Let's say somebody starts talking a bunch of **** to you (the talks between Iraq and US for sometime). Then starts loading a gun (nuclear factories, increased ILLEGAL weapons). I don't think standing there is the greatest idea.
__________________
a man, a plan, a canal, panama
IamAlejo is offline  
Old 08-12-2005, 01:22 PM   #43 (permalink)
Me llamo Marijan
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Kuala Lumpur
Posts: 6,983
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamAlejo
Cause we went to World War II, were one of the major reasons that the Allied Powers won that war, and one of the results of that war was the creation of the state of Israel in 1948. That's why.
that makes no sence, the state of Israel was not created by the benevolance of america but rather by the good will of great brittain who gave the jews palestine so they can form a state, america may have lobbied for it but i still don't see a reason why the US is being so protective towards Israel and choses to turn it's back to the blatant violations of international law by Israel, maybe because the US also does it? and why doesn't america demand of Israel the same thing it demanded of Iraq, the inspection of it's nuclear programs ( which by the way noone knew about until one incredibly coragous man named Mordechai Vanunu blew the whistle and for that ended up imprisoned for 20 years )?
adidasss is offline  
Old 08-12-2005, 01:24 PM   #44 (permalink)
Al Dente
 
SATCHMO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Texas
Posts: 4,689
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by adidasss
i still don't see a reason why the US is being so protective towards Israel and choses to turn it's back to the blatant violations of international law by Israel, maybe because the US also does it? and why doesn't america demand of Israel the same thing it demanded of Iraq, the inspection of it's nuclear programs ( which by the way noone knew about until one incredibly coragous man named Mordechai Vanunu blew the whistle and for that ended up imprisoned for 20 years )?
I couldn't agree more. Well said.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord
And if you're getting bored then feel free to go give Eddie Vedder a handjob.
SATCHMO is offline  
Old 08-12-2005, 01:31 PM   #45 (permalink)
Me llamo Marijan
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Kuala Lumpur
Posts: 6,983
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamAlejo
Okay, you have to be blind to the obvious. We warned Hussein for months that we were going to come in if he didn't allow weapons inspectors in. Now, I know Hussein might not be the smartest tool in the shed, but don't you think of after all those months, he probably would have moved/hid them to another territory? I mean, you throw a party, and your parents tell you that they're coming home on Saturday. You'd have to be an idiot not to pick everything up and get it out the house by Saturday..
how about this, many experts have tried to find any trace of nuclear weapons but were unable to, for some 3 years now, it's completely crazy to think that something so complex as a nuclear misile program could be so well hidden that noone can find it, especially with todays technology, it would have left a trace....but so far none is to be found....you are recycling what your government is feeding you, do some independent research....
Quote:
Originally Posted by IamAlejo
Almost, but in more of an intense way. Let's say somebody starts talking a bunch of **** to you (the talks between Iraq and US for sometime). Then starts loading a gun (nuclear factories, increased ILLEGAL weapons). I don't think standing there is the greatest idea.
no evidence , no evidence , no evidece....pumped up intelligence data ( which great brittain was kind enough to admit ). anyone can make a mistake ( granted, not exactly with such catastrophic consequences as the war on Iraq ), but be a big boy and admit that you were wrong....
adidasss is offline  
Old 08-12-2005, 02:02 PM   #46 (permalink)
Muck Fusic
 
IamAlejo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 1,575
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by adidasss
that makes no sence, the state of Israel was not created by the benevolance of america but rather by the good will of great brittain who gave the jews palestine so they can form a state, america may have lobbied for it but i still don't see a reason why the US is being so protective towards Israel and choses to turn it's back to the blatant violations of international law by Israel, maybe because the US also does it? and why doesn't america demand of Israel the same thing it demanded of Iraq, the inspection of it's nuclear programs ( which by the way noone knew about until one incredibly coragous man named Mordechai Vanunu blew the whistle and for that ended up imprisoned for 20 years )?
Iraq was still being punished by the UN. It was mandatory that they be allowed to inspect all areas not by the US, but by the UN.
__________________
a man, a plan, a canal, panama
IamAlejo is offline  
Old 08-12-2005, 02:05 PM   #47 (permalink)
Muck Fusic
 
IamAlejo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 1,575
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by adidasss
how about this, many experts have tried to find any trace of nuclear weapons but were unable to, for some 3 years now, it's completely crazy to think that something so complex as a nuclear misile program could be so well hidden that noone can find it, especially with todays technology, it would have left a trace....but so far none is to be found....you are recycling what your government is feeding you, do some independent research....

no evidence , no evidence , no evidece....pumped up intelligence data ( which great brittain was kind enough to admit ). anyone can make a mistake ( granted, not exactly with such catastrophic consequences as the war on Iraq ), but be a big boy and admit that you were wrong....
What do you mean no evidence? We found banned weapons. Not exactly the nuclear warheads as expected, but regardless banned weapons. How can you say this war is a mistake until everything has ended? You have no idea what outcome this will bring, nor does anyone else.

And question: What independent research have you done?
__________________
a man, a plan, a canal, panama
IamAlejo is offline  
Old 08-12-2005, 02:08 PM   #48 (permalink)
Me llamo Marijan
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Kuala Lumpur
Posts: 6,983
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamAlejo
Iraq was still being punished by the UN. It was mandatory that they be allowed to inspect all areas not by the US, but by the UN.
hmm...i think you're being way too easy in this argument,check this out: the UN inspectors were supposed to do the inspection yet the united states decided to go forth with the invasion despite there being no aproval from the security council thus making the war illegal by international law...........man, the UN so needs to be dismanteled, it really has no purpose, as i have witnessed first hand during the war in Croatia and their supposed peace keeping mission....please......
adidasss is offline  
Old 08-12-2005, 02:16 PM   #49 (permalink)
Me llamo Marijan
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Kuala Lumpur
Posts: 6,983
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamAlejo
What do you mean no evidence? We found banned weapons. Not exactly the nuclear warheads as expected, but regardless banned weapons. How can you say this war is a mistake until everything has ended? You have no idea what outcome this will bring, nor does anyone else.

And question: What independent research have you done?
ok how about this, korea has loads of illegal weapons, so does iran, and countless other mid asian countries, does the possesion of illegal weapons really constitute a legitimate reason for an invasion? and about the outcome, i think i've seen enough, tens of thousands killed and countless others injured....for what?
as far as independent research is concerned try some non american ( thus non byass ) newspapers or web sites.....
i applaud you for making a valiant effort but you clearly have no ground to stand on....
adidasss is offline  
Old 08-12-2005, 02:23 PM   #50 (permalink)
i am the cookie monster
 
marshmallowmonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: in the middle of ****ing nowhere
Posts: 122
Default

i try to read non biased stuff.if you read brittish or american papers,a hell of a lot of it is 'his iraqi man,baaaaaad' you dont think about the people who arnt holding wmd's.they arnt all terrorists.
marshmallowmonkey is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.